:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got video of your car doing rippers or dirty 2/3rds? post them up! (link)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17   Go Down

Author Topic: What happens when you are never happy with you car's power ( My Turbo Build) 56K  (Read 112843 times)

Pootie

great #'s.. i was more than happy!!

well it was time for a new clutch, and MB Racing cut me a deal on a Competition Clutch stage 5!!

went back to Chris.. and this is how it went!!

slowly made pulls.. and it was getting around what Chris considers iffy for pump gas..

so at 13.8psi (14psi).. the car made 436whp
*the red graph is the same psi but with a failing spring in the gate (crazy ass dipp at around 7100RPM)
* the green graph is the same 13.8psi , but with the problem corrected

this is the lower hp pull
[IMG]
« Last Edit: March 20, 2009, 08:06:14 AM by Pootie »
Stock sleeve LsVtec 552whp@22psi.. 600whp+@28psi
Tuned by you know who! ;-)
10.64@137mph , 20psi nbspnbsp nbspnbsp <ltlt~ An ET that a certin Turbo Accord on here will NEVER reach! Even with a bag of porkring taped to a pole infront his windshild!

Pootie

ok, so everything was going great.. and i decided to buy a back up turbo that will make more power!!

i went with a BW Bullseye S366!! (i have seen a few cars make well over 800whp on them)

the problem now is that because of the AC compatable manifold.. the turbo was now hitting the block, Radiator and the slave cylinder.. not to mention shitty Downpipe clearance!!
the T67 bearly fit as -is.

so i started to look into getting another manifold.. i was thinking maybe TopMount!! ( they help shorten spool time on larger turbos)

i looked everwhereeeeeee, got a few good priced too!!

but 3-5 weeks to get it.. because most was on backorder!!!
i called up Roland @ MB Racing to get some hardware (-AN fittings, clamps , couplers, etc).. and while talking to him , i told him my plans and power goals.. i also mentioned what a shittt time i was having finding a manifold!!

he said he can make me one.. i had seen a few and they looked good!! ( but no real research on them, or gains or losses) so it was sort of a gamble on my part.
i asked how much and how fast ... (he gave me a greattt price, and said it would be made from scratch , custom for my car .. and would take 3-5 days)..

to make a long story short,, 7 days later it was delivered to my job in Manhattan . I had to check it in at security because they didn't know what kinda weapon it was, lmaoooo

few pix.. T3/T4 topmount manifold, with a free 40mm Tial gate flange!!

don't mind the random flip-flop!!

new 40mm Tial gate and dumptube
10.64@137mph , 20psi nbspnbsp nbspnbsp <ltlt~ An ET that a certin Turbo Accord on here will NEVER reach! Even with a bag of porkring taped to a pole infront his windshild!

Pootie

ok so first order of business was to convert my current turbo (T67) to Vband from 4 bolt... Because it's just EZer on life!! lol

i LOVEEEEE V-BANDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!

BIG THANKS TO MY FRIEND TOM FOR WELDING!!

AND MATCHING DOWNPIPE!!

then
New stuff almost buttoned up!! ( little dirty) :-\

and a quickt 3" exhaust!! ( so the cops don't mess with me tooo much) V-band in 3 sections!

then

few months later.~~

Ladies and Gents!!

well now that i have had the car dialed in .. i didn't have time to make it back to the track to get a ET on it !!

But i had a few grudge matches and $$ runs!!.. the car is (4-0)

a kid confronted me a day and asked about buying my motor because he was impressed by the way it ran yada yada!

after giving be a price i could not turn down,, it was SOLDDDDD!!

he got everythinggggggggggggggggggggg!

Block
Head
Cams
Camgears
Intake manifold and TB
injectors
rail
EVERYTHINGGGGGGGGGG SEPT THE TURBO SET UP!!

i even gave him the tune and resisterbox w/  a 3 bar mapsensor!!

Pootie

TIME TO GO SHOPPING!!!

time to go shopping!!

i still had to come out of pocket a few hundred bucks, but hey lol

the parts list went like this!!

New "used" head (came off a back-up block i had that spun a bearing lastyear)
P&P
Skunk2 Tuner stage 1 cams
Skunk2 valvetrain
Powder coated Victor X manifold
Skunk2 70mm TB
Precision 1200cc injectors
BDL fuel rail

New Block
84.5mm GSR
9.8:1 CP Pistons
Manley turbo tuff rods
ACL bearings
stock GSR crank
Golgen Eagle headstugs
Cometic headgasket
Copper O-ringed

then

i hateee waiting for parts!!

so props for MB Racing for having 95% of my needs INSTOCK!!

GE headstuds
Tial "uber gay" Purple 50mm BOV . but i like it , lol
Precision 1200cc injectors
Avid race mounts EK-Bseriese
BDL fuel rail

The Valve Cover was vent-welded by my friend Tom , and painted by me!!

few more shots of the Valve Cover!

Other Random Parts!!

can't forget this lil puppy!

Omni Power rear lower controlearms

then

Clutch (Competition Clutch stage 6 lol).. it's the Dual diafram pressure plate with 4 puc sprung!!

PP is good for 400+ foot pound of Tq

oh and my new Precision 825hp cooler .. anyone needs a cold beer, because i got a Fridge!

truth be told the old cooler was bigger,, but had a few bent fins,, so it was sold !

Pootie

Mr Head meet Mrs Block!!

Test fit!!

all looks well!!don't mind the Rust ( backhouseing will be cleaned soon)

Pootie

Ok, so u guys remember teh flatblack Engine Bay... well i figured it was time to go back to Silver!!

ABOUT 2 COATS and no Clear!!

after 5 coats of paint and about 3 coats of clear!!

wireing up the citylights and doing a 1/2 tuck (i know it looks ugly with the engine harness n all, but it should look good once i clean everything up!)

Pootie

Ok so i went to the hardware store and got these spiffy cooler mounting tabs , lol

i wanted the cooler to sit out a bit from the Radiator support because of the gate placement.. it cleared the cooler,, but it was still 1/2 inch between the two .. and i was worried that under load if the motor moved the gate would reach the cooler.

EZ fix!!

Wind-up jack FTW, lol!!

40 pound cooler = hard to hold up by hand for long!

it actually tucked very nicely up under both headlights!!

Pootie

so i was tuned on 1000cc injectors b4.. and i have since went up to 1200cc's!!

i called my tuner Chris @Xenocros with my concerns about not being able to start the car (or starting it tooo rich).. he asked for my adress and , this came in the mail!!

.. eCtune chip with a map for 1200cc's just to get the car started and running good,, then tuneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!! :D

FTW!!

Pootie

ok so motor is in and 90% buttoned up!!
still need a few fittings for the ValveCover breather

STILL NEED COOLER PIPEING AND CHARGE PIPE,, AND COUPLER AND CLAMPS!!! 3" FTW!!!

FEW STATS.

*car is 2456lbs in race trim ( full interior, no AC, but i love HEATTTT!!) no cage and chute yet (( should be about 100lbs-125lbs more once caged ))

*im 150lbs

*running a 67mm Full-Race T67 (.70/.82) for now .. by spring i'll be running a Borg Warner S366 or a S386

*car is on eCtune chipped P28

*1200cc injectors w/ dual Walbro 255s for now. ( if they can't support the power, i'll run the A1000)

*24.5 x 13 x 9" MT full slicks ( i also have 235-60-15" ET streets .. for the Turbo Street class ,pretty much a 26" tall tire)

* K Sport drag suspension

*all metal body/all stock glass!!

*Boost By Gear FTW!!

my friend Tom!! mounting the cooler tabs

and testing out the DIY Citylights. came out pertty good.

« Last Edit: March 20, 2009, 08:31:11 AM by Pootie »

Pootie

There will be no more streetracing . This was my last race. All Legal now  :yes: ;D

this is a race i had the same day i got tuned @ Xenocron ( 0 seatime, lol).. VS a 03 SRT-4 (420whp)est

VS

Burnouts!!
http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b11/Carlitoo/?action=view&current=MOV040_NEW.flv

back view of the run
http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b11/Carlitoo/?action=view&current=MOV041_NEW.flv

front view
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAKdDTY5dDk#lq-hq-vhq

it was a street tire vs street tire run..
*$800 pot
*i was on the gate (7psi about 340whp).. im sure he was on alllll 420whp.
*my clutch was slipping badddd , and still had him covered about 8 cars. i pedaled him a bit and had him by a car or 2 at the 1/4 mile marker. not fun blowing out a car (u will never get another EZ $ run again) then u'll get called out by single digit RWD cars!!

Pootie

well now that we are nearing the current state fo the car, i would like to say it's true.

when u think everything is going too smooth, something goes all sorts of wrong!!

that being said , the next few posts are uber depressing! :(

I am sick to my stomach right now :-X,, i want to trow up so badd!!

very dissapointing day.. :(

ok so i had a good nights sleep.. woke up early,, went to the shop..HAPPY!!! ;D

figured today was just small things, and START up!! :y

oh man was i wrong!!! :3

well here is the situation.. the block was originally a 1.8L (81mm)Acura Integra GSR block... it was Darton sleeved and bored to 84.5mm.

the block was also decked unevenly by the machineshop!!! <~~ this is where it gets depressing.
so now the block is slightly shorter from the shave job... :7

that being said... this is how i was sitting pretty b4 start up!!

NOW HERE IS THE BAD NEWS.. sorry but i was soo sad and could not bring myself to take pix

* i put the basemap in the ECU..
* checked everything, and checked it again!!
* crank, STARTTT
*let it run for a bit.. and was checking out the fuel stuff (checking for leaks because im scared to death of flames, lol)
* NOTICED SOME ANTIFREEZ BY THE BLOCK. WHERE THE HEAD MEETS THE BLOCK BY THE TIMEING BELT. TURN CAR OFF..
*pulled plug #1 and looked down and :eek: then :( green liquid ontop of the piston.

NO BUENO!! went to the store and got a 6-pac of Corona and ordered a Pizza!! drank a bit, ate a bit ( maybe it was a bad dream, maybe i was just light headed from not eating and seeing things, maybe a lot of things)

still the same REALITY "THE MOTOR WAS PUSHING WATER"...called the machine shop and told them about the issue. They said it was because i ran the car hot with no coolant and it warped the head. WTF this was the first start up. They then said to take the head off and bring them the block. ( i took them the wholee motor, so they can open it, So they can't say i messed anything up while taking it off)

at this point i was planning my FOR SALE thread in my head!!

i just QUIT for the day, went home and drank a lil more, the wife gave me a few comforting words.. and here i am !!

Sat is my next day off, and the motor comes out, and back to the Machine shop..to see whats the REAL issue and whats the damage!!

right now my options are to try to trouble shoot the block issue.. and salvage it.

or i have another block i can sent it out to be sleeved ( at a different machine shop) and put all the internals from the first block in that one.. because it's 100% a sealing issue!!

well at this point the Machine shop is telling me to bring in just teh block, so i pull the head off. Don't mind the spilt Antifreez, it was all cleaned up.

take them the block to check out,, they are telling me that everything is good on the block. ( i know the head is good , because it just came off a running motor). Anyway i take the block to a 2nd machineshop to get a 2nd opinion and they confirm that it is decked unevenly. I take this find back to the first Machineshop and they have a lot to say , but very little having to do with resolving this issue.

a slight compensation was worked out, and i took the loss, and started over.

It was nearing the end of the season anyway, and i just wanted to make it to the few remaining events. And i didn't have the time nor the funds to have another motor sleeved.

so i had another 81mm stock Sleeve motor built with pistons and rods. This time LsVtec ( becuase finding a GSR is like finding a virgin in Brazil)

Pootie

the plan is to at least have the car running ( if that means stock sleeves for now)

another block will be sent out to Z10 in the spring to be sleeved for the 09 season.

and here we are at the Present!!

the car was put back together last weekend with a fresh stock sleeve LsVtec with 81mm 9:1 JE pistons and Eagle big bolt rods.

well i got the intercooler pipeing in!!

mocked it up, (still missing quite a few Tbolt clamps and a few couplers..) but it looks like it's going to fit like a glovee!!

3" on the cold side, and 2.5" on the side . ALLLL Alum!

Tial 50mm BOV !!

also test fitted the 3" to 4" downpipe.. tight fit, but with a bit of cut welding it will fit perfect!!

got the front bumper back up. Sorry for the unpainted CTR grille!! that will be taken care of when the car is painted!!

PS: thats not the front bumper/lip thats going on the finished product when it gets painted ;-)

Pootie

well i was messing around with WMM and made a lil video..

there is a first start-up of this set up ( LsVtec) at the end of the 2nd Video.

Few Pulls!!

Season 09 Build![/quote]

crxvtec91

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • RIP old hmt. SloS13 for King!!!

Damn solid work car looks great. So what are the plans for the new motor?
My build thread; http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php?topic=2444.0

I like my girls like I like my cars, rich and retarded.

mycarslow

bout time you came over to the real deal  ;D

dr3w

• Fuckin eh!

Sic setup... just remove all the "xenocron" "chris" and xenocron logo's and your set

Henry

• Pow-Wow Productions
  • Certified OG
  • Bonafied timber nigga

Sic setup... just remove all the "xenocron" "chris" and xenocron logo's and your set
I couldn't of said it better myself. It's like spitting on RHMT with all the praising to that pasty looking Benedick Arnold. The guy is hated on this site for a reason. 
The nog formally known as Stillnoturbo.

Pootie

Damn solid work car looks great. So what are the plans for the new motor?

well the plans are to compete a bit. I just got a lotttt going on. I'll be moving in 2 weeks, and that in itself is a task.
and yesterday was my daughter's Birthday party.

Russian people and Vodka and food= fun times!
( they forgot i was black) lol. One lady tried to get me to convert to a jew.lol

anyway, on Friday the plan was to head up to Chris to get tuned (sorry Drew, i give credit where credit is due.lol).
i got the Uhall at like 10:30am. Then had to map out the rout to take up there since i was told that i can't tow on any Parkways. about 20 minutes into the trip we get stuck on teh Van Wyck behind what looked like a damn Forest Fire. Put it on 1010 wims and turns out a oil/fuel tanker crashed and the whole highway for about 2-3 blocks was on fire. (video will be posted later) :noel: :yes:

got to Chris late, too late to tune and make it to Island for some seat time. So i just left the car up there . My friend Rob wired up my injector driver box, and Chris pimped out my eCtune boost by gear Solonoid with some quick-release fittings. :). I pulled the resistorbox off and it was time to head back home.

turned out to be too long of a day! But whats done is done. Car should be getting tuned Tuesday or Wednesday.

Pootie

I couldn't of said it better myself. It's like spitting on RHMT with all the praising to that pasty looking Benedick Arnold. The guy is hated on this site for a reason. 

well should i stop my build thread here??.

Because he is my tuner/sponsor. And a good guy in my opinion. I guess people are upset because he sold the old site (HMT). I don't know what his reasons were for selling , but i'm sure he has a lott going on and one less thing would help him focus on more important things.

It is what it is.

But if you have other reasons for hating him , feel free to say whats on your mind. ( But you can't just say , "oh i hate him because he sold the site".Things happen!

Pootie

Seriously...did you hear what we said so far? Yeah, the build is badass, but cut all the shit out about twoface.

will a MOD please close this thread then.

Because as i stated above he is still a friend of mine and he is my tuner/sponsor.  So i can't have a build thread without mentioning the tune/tuner. He does a good job and i give credit where credit is due. (PS: and if he did do a bad job, i'd mention that also.)
« Last Edit: March 22, 2009, 11:45:45 AM by Pootie »

Pootie

I'm sure he is still a friend to others on this site too but you don't see them slinging that banner in our face.

Take that bumbo rass clawt attitude to ohmt.

fixed!! :-\

Well i had no idea he was soo hated!! lol
« Last Edit: March 22, 2009, 12:12:16 PM by Pootie »

crxvtec91

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • RIP old hmt. SloS13 for King!!!

Anyone who tries to shit on others build thread I will delete there post.

Pootie people here still fell betrayed about what happend. If you do take off the banner it will be a lot smoother.

To all others Chris is the only one in are area that can tune worth a shit and is still cheaper then the rest. He has treated the locals well since we have known him, most of us are kinda split on the subject still. Don't know what else to say on the subject, but if you shit on any build thread I will delete BS post.
My build thread; http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php?topic=2444.0

I like my girls like I like my cars, rich and retarded.

Pootie

Anyone who tries to shit on others build thread I will delete there post.

Pootie people here still fell betrayed about what happend. If you do take off the banner it will be a lot smoother.

To all others Chris is the only one in are area that can tune worth a shit and is still cheaper then the rest. He has treated the locals well since we have known him, most of us are kinda split on the subject still. Don't know what else to say on the subject, but if you shit on any build thread I will delete BS post.

Well it's understandable. But on the same token i'm at the "tune" stage of my build. And it's hard to make posts without bringing up "twoface" as you call him , lol

But i'll try to keep it down.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2009, 12:20:07 PM by Pootie »

magik123

yeah i made it to the track late figured i missed u but i see why now lol.  ill prob head down this friday again if i can work out some kinks.

Pootie

well slight update.

trailer the car up to get tuned. Wired up the injector driver box and removed the resistor box ( and somewhere in the middle i had a wireing issue so could not tune intime to head to the track.). Well i was a lil bumed lately (work stressing me , and the wireing issue). But a friend of mine Rob and my Tuner sorted out the issue, and all seems well.

So should get tuned soon, i should tune on pump gas . But if i know my friend Rob well enough it will be on C16 lol. :evil:

so stay tuned.

PIX!

Leaving Brooklyn

Got stuck behind this shit for about 2-3 hours. Fuel Tanker on fire/ had a nice strip of highway ON FIREEE!
THE AFTERMAT

Left Bk at 11am, and got to My Tuner at almost 4pm( and NO thats not who you might think it is in the pic. Thats my friend Rob... i spared you guys the other pix)
« Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 08:02:54 AM by Pootie »

lilpooh21186

• Certified OG
  • B16 Short strokes but holds a high note

Damn you have some bad luck  ???
Ecu chipping
basmaps
tuning Dyno/street pm for details
Neptune Dealer PM for RTP details

MantisX

At least your wife is hot.

mycarslow

long ass drive bro

Pootie

At least your wife is hot.
lol werd!

but car is running good now, Thanks to my friend Rob ( coz i know i couldn't get to the car to troubleshoot it till the weekend). Just ready to tune. ;D

the injector driver box seems to be doing it's job with the 1200cc injectors.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 10:45:53 PM by Pootie »

widebody93

• Snitch Nigger Deluxe
  • Widebody93

WHOLE CAR setup is great and sweet

But the interstate shit is whack, as in find a better place to do it nigger towel headed trans nigs

If am a ever retarded enough to get hitched (2x) I would either drink myself to death at my wedding or die trying.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17   Go Up