:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

RHMT DIY Hub Dyno?!?!? check it. (link)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: boosting the satty  (Read 13524 times)

saturnpioneer

• N00B *Read Intro Sticky*
boosting the satty
« on: March 12, 2009, 02:08:31 PM »

I guess I better hurry and finish my project before I can't find any more parts. Hard enough as it is.

Anywho, I'm putting a little T25 on my 1.9liter '97 Saturn coupe.

I have 2.0 liter pistons from a prior build. The number four cylinder sleeve cracked on that setup. I don't know why honestly. Other satty's have ran 2.0 liter setups before.

But since Ive got them laying around, and I'm ready for the block portion of the build, I thought I'd use them.

The boost I'm going to run is 8.0 psi (just going to run the stock internal wg on the T25).

Do you guys think that bumping  up the dp from 1.9 to 2.0 and running 8psi can be done reliably? Fuel control is with a BEGI rrfpr and larger injectors but no timing control (doesn't exist for the satty cheaply).

Comments? Thanks!

fysh

Re: boosting the satty
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2009, 02:21:59 PM »

you on plasticracing.com? Lots of info there. Megasquirt seems common engine management and its reasonably priced.

AstroVannin

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2009, 02:28:01 PM »

Fuel control is with a BEGI rrfpr and larger injectors but no timing control (doesn't exist for the satty cheaply).

Comments? Thanks!

This part sounds skecthy to me.

What about the AEM F/IC ... its like $350 shipped on ebay and has all the shit you need?

saturnpioneer

• N00B *Read Intro Sticky*
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2009, 02:53:27 PM »

most of those saturn sites shut down. plus, all you get on there is doofuses that break shit constantly and then post up advice.

here, you guys break shit too but you actually know what you're talking about. haha

i thought the begi would do good for me, cheap (theme of this site) and it has the onset of gain to help quelch the lean 3-4psi inherrent lean spot that took out my very first satty engine.

i've seen a lot of people, not just the saturn turd drivers, have problem after problem with that megasquirt setup and that was with fuel control only...i'd hate to see what it would do with timing added into the picture.

does the aem unit come pre-wired for direct hookup into the hondahs, etc? i'd have to cut all that up, find out which wire did what, make it work with my wiring system basically. i think i can drown out whatever detonation would be there. i'm going to run stock comp ratio if i go with the 52mm pistons.

what do you guys think about the larger bore and the 8psi boost. any of you guys having success hogging out your cylinders and then hitting it with a moderate boost amt.?
« Last Edit: March 12, 2009, 02:56:09 PM by saturnpioneer »

AstroVannin

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2009, 03:34:44 PM »

Its a piggy back right? So you just find the wires that need to be spliced and splice them. Its also got a bypass harness ... so if you fuck uop the install and shit wont work, you can plug that in and "undo" everything.

The harness it comes with has pretty long leads, also comes with a built in 25psi map sensor and all the wires you need for the computer and shit. When you change the fuel it changes it AFTER the ECU, not by altering the input (like the emanage blue or SAFC) so your fuel and timing changes dont effect one another.

Im sure theres BETTER ways to tune it, but that seems like the best value for the dollar ... at least for this application.

Pages: [1]   Go Up