:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Daspoop/Trevor YOU WILL BE MISSED, RIP (link)  :'(

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Go RHMT on my electric scooter?  (Read 5683 times)

Conceptz-X

• Certified OG
Go RHMT on my electric scooter?
« on: October 08, 2021, 01:12:09 PM »

I bought a Hiboy S2R scooter so I could travel. Motor side cover loosened and caused the motor to fail when I was in the DR.  Bought a replacement for now, thinking about rewinding the motor and turning it up a little bit.  Any suggestions or tevh articles where I can get a quick run down on doing this without getting to engineering level on it?

It was 8 conductors, 11 turns per pole.  Thinking 9 conductors 10 turns might wake it up with the same AWG wire as original. I'd think the stock controller should be able to handle it, but I don't know how much it would change the current requirements. .
« Last Edit: October 08, 2021, 01:16:00 PM by Conceptz-X »

92CXyD

• Twincharged Smeghead
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • I look around and all I see is Smegheads
Re: Go RHMT on my electric scooter?
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2021, 02:09:12 PM »

I like to see a write-up when you do.

I've been riding an e-bike to work part of the summer.

I want to build one for fun  :noel:

Conceptz-X

• Certified OG
Re: Go RHMT on my electric scooter?
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2021, 01:42:44 AM »

Pictures of the motor in the link.  They wind the 27 pole 3 phase in a wye configuration.  The stator coils are in groups of 3 Poles CCW, CW, CCW wrap directions. 9 total groups, so each phase has 3 pole groups in 3 areas on the stator.

I don't really have a means to measure the wire, but it looked like 23AWG when side by side so I bought a spool of it.   I've got to find some nomex paper and materials to make the locks/keys/wedges that secure the windings in the stator. Some of the original plastic stuff melted and/or disintegrated.

Rewinding it will be a back burner project because I should have a new motor from a Xiaomi M365 on Monday or Tuesday to get the scooter working again with some modifications.  From what I can tell from videos and pictures I've seen where people have disassembled the m365 motors it should be the same proximity sensor set up but with different connectors and 2 wire colors swapped. I'll probably post a little form that too when it arrives.
Nobody seems to have really done or documented much with the Hiboy scooters and motors, in the future I may also swap the electronics to the Xiaomi electronics so I can reprogram and further modify it in the future. Not that I can expect too much but a FWD burnout would be sufficient.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/JD8AgeaFffKrcva37
« Last Edit: October 09, 2021, 09:51:09 AM by Conceptz-X »
Pages: [1]   Go Up