:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

AJ's 1966 Nova LSX twin turbo build! (link)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: 1st gen CRV or 1st gen Element?  (Read 7999 times)

SloS13

• RHMT Ex-President
  • Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • My avatar is broken
1st gen CRV or 1st gen Element?
« on: August 26, 2009, 03:47:28 PM »

Not that I give a fuck about your opinions buuuuut, I wanna get one of these and put a turbocharger on it and make it go faster while being  a nice DD.

CRV -
B20, everything is where its supposed to be, should be easy to boost, rite?  JD said some shit about the AC compressor that I don't know WTF he's talking about and our friendship doesn't mean enough to him to elaborate on it. OK

Element - K24 what what, JD said something about it having a better AC compressor, or AC compressor location. But would I need a fucking sidewinder-style manifold or would a t3 fit between the motor and firewall?   I dont have the mad skillz to make one of these types of manifolds and I'm a cheap motherfucker.

Thoughts?

ratcityrex

• I Get Blown Daily
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
Re: 1st gen CRV or 1st gen Element?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2009, 04:24:22 PM »

I'm a cheap motherfucker. Thoughts?

CR V/end
New setup is old bottom end with a hype r head with gsr cams. built lsv with hx35 @ 26psi on pump gas
LEED tuned! 434hp/329tq http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pbDXZxZdZs
http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php/topic,16195.0.html

Old Setup B18a1 296hp/289tq LEED Tuned 20psi on pump! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Yj-Z90j4W4   
http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php/topic,205.msg2437.html#msg2437

clwtwizted

• Fuck You!!!
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2009, 04:31:47 PM »

swap in a gsr and boost it up 16 pounds/ end thread

ApexSilver06MR

• RealHomeMadeTurbo's "pee wee"
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • RealHomeMadeTurbo Resident Cocksmith!
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2009, 06:24:59 PM »

crv ftw
pee wee for the size of my p..........

Nor*Cal Spoolin'#039#039 Nig Nog

SloS13

• RHMT Ex-President
  • Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • My avatar is broken
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2009, 06:26:18 PM »

I'm a bit partial to the 1st gen CR-V myself.  JD - chime in and explain the A/C thing motherfucker.

speedjunky01

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2009, 09:41:43 PM »

the condenser explodes

no im not kidding

http://www.topix.com/forum/autos/honda-cr-v/TU0OKFJGV9V3F3FGL/p11

the reports just keep going

so if you dont mind not having ac it should be ok

Towdogg

• Certified OG
  • Cfm's don't roll through an air intake!
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2009, 09:54:03 PM »

Funny you talk of this cause theres a 97 CRV up the street that needs a window, a tire, and a battery.......  $500 and I was gonna get it a boost it.....  A/C will be taken out....

Still haven moved on it yet.....  Should I?   :evil:

SloS13

• RHMT Ex-President
  • Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • My avatar is broken
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2009, 10:13:04 PM »

Nice pics.

Uhm.....it gets hot as FUCK here (110F) and I have to drive alot for my job.  AC is pretty fucking important.  hrm...maybe put an accord compressor on there or something and have some lines made somewhere?

speedjunky01

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2009, 10:21:00 PM »

Nice pics.

Uhm.....it gets hot as FUCK here (110F) and I have to drive alot for my job.  AC is pretty fucking important.  hrm...maybe put an accord compressor on there or something and have some lines made somewhere?

yeah looks liek even honda got cheap and had the compressors CDM'ed im sure you could find a comperable us made or jap made model

Towdogg

• Certified OG
  • Cfm's don't roll through an air intake!
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2009, 10:56:53 PM »

Do you guys think a CRV 5 speed could pull a car dolly?

speedjunky01

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2009, 11:19:13 PM »

Do you guys think a CRV 5 speed could pull a car dolly?

dolly yes, a dolly with a car on it no

its not the pulling its the stoping and turning

chris

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2009, 04:33:34 AM »

Use a different compressor and use the matching ac bracket. Doesnt seem that complicated.

SloS13

• RHMT Ex-President
  • Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • My avatar is broken
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2009, 07:48:04 AM »

Use a different compressor and use the matching ac bracket. Doesnt seem that complicated.

Sounds like a plan.  I gotta sell my WRX first, then im gonna find me a nice CRV

Joseph Davis

• Verbal Assault Technician
  • RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • Eugenics prevents retards like widebody93
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2009, 10:32:48 AM »

I thought you were asking about a K-series CRV.  Those are the ones with the plastic IMs with the plastic flapper valves that fall apart, and the AC compressors that gut themselves. 

If you want a B20 CRV, go for it.  The nice thing about those is that while the 5 spd ones are rare those cars are a lot cheaper as it's mainly women/old folks who buy them.  Swap on LS manifolds for an extra 20 to the wheels (I am not kidding) while you're getting the turbo kit together, and go.

chris

« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2009, 12:38:37 PM »

Not sure about the usdm b20b's but the low compression tall manifolds also came matched with a sohc 56mm throttle body.

SloS13

• RHMT Ex-President
  • Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • My avatar is broken
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2009, 02:10:21 PM »

I thought you were asking about a K-series CRV.  Those are the ones with the plastic IMs with the plastic flapper valves that fall apart, and the AC compressors that gut themselves. 

If you want a B20 CRV, go for it.  The nice thing about those is that while the 5 spd ones are rare those cars are a lot cheaper as it's mainly women/old folks who buy them.  Swap on LS manifolds for an extra 20 to the wheels (I am not kidding) while you're getting the turbo kit together, and go.

I was mentioning the 2nd gen CRV's but you mentioned the plastic IMs and that turned me off.  extra 20whp?? thats fantastical. 

bikewrench

« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2009, 04:02:58 PM »

My wife drives a 04 crv w/plastic manifold, she bought without telling me.
I was looking at 1st gens that were about half the price, but its nice, a ex w/2" receiver
Its been a good car though, the air has worked great though 3 summers (105* max)

i am all about doing shit myself, saving money, and most of the time i actually enjoy working on the car as much as driving it.

SloS13

• RHMT Ex-President
  • Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • My avatar is broken
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2009, 04:59:25 PM »

I was looking at 1st gens that were about half the price, but its nice, a ex w/2" receiver
Its been a good car though, the air has worked great though 3 summers (105* max)

nobody fucking asked you did they?  that's what I thought...

wife bought a car without telling you? that shit is insane.  No-one in my immediate family buys a car without me checking it out first.  Guess you're lucky when I think of it.

Used to have an 01 SE.  Interior was nice as hell but the 4spd auto sucked total balls in the mountains. It was either no torque or 5000RPM uphill. Why the fuck did the 1st gen SE's get the shitty 4spd? WHY HONDA WHYYYY.  Shoudn't the 'special edition' get the 5-speed.  Not to mention, 2001...there should be no 4-speeds anymore. /rant

turbohf

• aka: the rHMT Jew
  • Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2009, 05:01:10 PM »

umm, i love those PNB (02+) AC compressor/clutch/coil combos. thats almost a 1000bucks just for the parts, my dealership stocks them   :yes:
Dustin  :Jew:
1987 Buick Regal Limited 6.0L/4L80E (LQ4, 862 heads, tbss intake, 92mm tb, e1841p cam, Holley EFI)
2000 Silverado LS 5.3L Reg Cab Short Bed
1966 Chevy II Nova 400 4dr Sedan V8

'Faster, Faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.'

SloS13

• RHMT Ex-President
  • Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • My avatar is broken
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2009, 05:11:34 PM »

umm, i love those PNB (02+) AC compressor/clutch/coil combos. thats almost a 1000bucks just for the parts, my dealership stocks them   :yes:

when you say coil, do you mean condenser?  I'm not down with all the AC lingo.  That link above ^^^ has ppl spending $4000+ at the stealership getting their shit fixed.  :o

chris

« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2009, 05:37:39 PM »

The b20b motors manifolds are just horrible. Hence why flywheel power is mid 120's. Throw that motor in a civic with a ls manifold,ls throttle body and a cheapo header and you get mid 140's whp.

Really you can make big power gains for like a 100 bucks in used parts.

ratcityrex

• I Get Blown Daily
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2009, 05:57:15 PM »

The b20b motors manifolds are just horrible. Hence why flywheel power is mid 120's. Throw that motor in a civic with a ls manifold,ls throttle body and a cheapo header and you get mid 140's whp.
Really you can make big power gains for like a 100 bucks in used parts.

So with your intake/tb/plate combo, a header, and some cams and springs? What kind of whp you talking? 160'ish??
New setup is old bottom end with a hype r head with gsr cams. built lsv with hx35 @ 26psi on pump gas
LEED tuned! 434hp/329tq http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pbDXZxZdZs
http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php/topic,16195.0.html

Old Setup B18a1 296hp/289tq LEED Tuned 20psi on pump! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Yj-Z90j4W4   
http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php/topic,205.msg2437.html#msg2437

SloS13

• RHMT Ex-President
  • Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • My avatar is broken
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2009, 07:16:34 PM »

5speeds are hard to come by period.  I'd put hot sauce on my balls if I find a 5spd AWD...well I'd do it anyways :drool:

I'm shooting for ~220whp or so..nothing major

chris

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2009, 10:14:04 PM »

when you say coil, do you mean condenser?  I'm not down with all the AC lingo.  That link above ^^^ has ppl spending $4000+ at the stealership getting their shit fixed.  :o

# 3 4 10

the coil engages the clutch assy i think... i just sell the shit lol...

i dont remember selling any other shit on those cars? every once in a while a condenser (in front of the radaitor) or drier shit (comes with condenser on that car). i think they just blow the lines out. other than maybe a belt and some freon...
1987 Buick Regal Limited 6.0L/4L80E (LQ4, 862 heads, tbss intake, 92mm tb, e1841p cam, Holley EFI)

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2009, 10:26:12 PM »

oh also. all of those cars 97-01 CRV, 02+ CRV and 03+ Element use the same "duel pump" diffs. and like to have "growl on low speed turns" or someshit... there is actually a bulletin that im too fuckin lazy to find, but if you buy one ill get it for you. but basicly you need 3 qts of dual pump 2 fuild (08200-9007) and two washers (94109-20000) and you just run the car in forward and reverse for like 5 mins off the ground and drain refill..etc.

i would love a 97-01 CRV... i really want one to replace the wagovan. lower it like the one chris posted. some AP1 wheels and/or those RSX wheels also... be baller parts bitch... and it could handle some snow, that the wagon completely FAILS AT.

Joseph Davis

• Verbal Assault Technician
  • RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • Eugenics prevents retards like widebody93
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2009, 10:26:51 PM »

I was mentioning the 2nd gen CRV's but you mentioned the plastic IMs and that turned me off.  extra 20whp?? thats fantastical. 

No, it's not fantastical.  That's just how badly the stock shit sucks.

bikewrench

« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2009, 12:57:48 AM »

wife bought a car without telling you? that shit is insane.  No-one in my immediate family buys a car without me checking it out first.  Guess you're lucky when I think of it.

Used to have an 01 SE.  Interior was nice as hell but the 4spd auto sucked total balls in the mountains. It was either no torque or 5000RPM uphill. Why the fuck did the 1st gen SE's get the shitty 4spd? WHY HONDA WHYYYY.  Shoudn't the 'special edition' get the 5-speed.  Not to mention, 2001...there should be no 4-speeds anymore. /rant
i am all about doing shit myself, saving money, and most of the time i actually enjoy working on the car as much as driving it.

bikewrench

« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2009, 01:06:14 AM »

I'm just giving my experience with the car, I thought that's what you were asking.

The wife makes 3-4 times what I make, and shes driving it, she can buy what she wants

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up