:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got video of your car doing rippers or dirty 2/3rds? post them up! (link)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Power FC Bilble  (Read 2694 times)

BigGameHit

• grassroots drifter
    • My Racing profile
Power FC Bilble
« on: July 13, 2009, 05:15:31 PM »

I just picked up Power FC today to replace my SAFC Neo that i was going to use for my new turbo setup

I dabbled with the Standard version before in the states.

I found this link today, very in depth and great info from the guys down under on the Power FC

http://paulr33.skylinesaustralia.com/docs/powerfc-faq/powerfc-faq.htm#16

Joseph Davis

• Verbal Assault Technician
  • Certified OG
  • Eugenics prevents retards like widebody93
    • TURBO THIS
Re: Power FC Bilble
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2009, 12:38:14 AM »

PowerFC works nicely, but if this is for the S13 I'd rather save a mint and run a daughterboard.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 12:52:49 AM by Joseph Davis »

d112crzy

• Certified OG
  • white power
    • CrzyTuning
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2009, 12:51:34 AM »

what's a bilble
www.crzytuning.com

Nobody comes into my house and shits all over it.  

BigGameHit

• grassroots drifter
    • My Racing profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2009, 01:51:27 AM »

^^ its that diary Jesus and his boys wrote.

no Joseph its for my skyline setup

i run safc on my s13

I just got my GT-R injectors in yesterday.. I  read the entire thing along with half the owners manual..... cleared up alot and i guess becuase i understand electronics and cars... this stuff is simple. Ill be able to tune up to 10x10 on the fuel and ignition Maps without breaking any laws lol. After that its off to the dyno for WOT pulls.

ill be spending some extra cash for the USB attachment so that i can input parameters without having to punch on the Hand controller.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 02:05:11 AM by BigGameHit »

Joseph Davis

• Verbal Assault Technician
  • Certified OG
  • Eugenics prevents retards like widebody93
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2009, 10:01:09 AM »

Well, I know the R33 ECU isn't supported by any daughterboard solution, but lots of people have converted over to the 90-94 300ZX ECU.  It's what I'm doing with the neo-RB25 swap going into the 240 at the shop.   The PFC are supposed to be wonderfully stable and great to tune once you have Datalogit... but, ah so are the stock ECUs for those cars, and it's cheaper to get into tuning the stock ECUs.  The last two PFC guys who came to me I had them sell their PFC and it bought their entire tune down to daughterboard and dyno time with change left over. 

Anyway, not to argue with you or anything, it's just the way I see it.  Your link is handy, though, which is why I added it last night to the index of useful threads at the top of the forum.

BigGameHit

• grassroots drifter
    • My Racing profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2009, 10:59:55 AM »

the firmware is upgraded and came from a well running R33 with an standard RB25 with no hacks to harness Model number 414-AN012. It was among the last produced before they stopped mass production.

the primary issue was the Active LSD emulator with-in the PFC. the ECR33 can also be run using the GT-R's Main unit with a few swaps of wires.

im no stranger to computers, wiring or electronics and ill have datalogit next week so that i can tune without button mashing on the hand controller to change my parameters. But for the record anyone that may be curious, you only need Datalogit IF your setup will clearly exceed that capabilities of the hand controller. Any setup outside of the hand controllers capabilities is probably and over the top build with very high number.

I have been piggy back tuning for the last three years, it has been fun. however in my last year in the states, i used AEM and PFC Standard... i was in awe lol.

Thanks for the add, that page is very very well written.

« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 11:03:18 AM by BigGameHit »
Pages: [1]   Go Up