:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

GET YOUR OFFICIAL REALHOMEMADETURBO.COM STICKERS! (link)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Spark plug heat ranges and part #'s  (Read 4667 times)

d112crzy

• Certified OG
  • white power
    • CrzyTuning
Spark plug heat ranges and part #'s
« on: June 07, 2009, 06:39:55 PM »

Though I'd make a thread so everyone can post all the different style plugs/heat ranges you tuners use on any setups.

I know the usuals are:
NGK 4554(8 ), 4091(7) for non resistor type
NGK 1283(BKR7E)

What I'm wanting to REALLY know is if anyone uses any other brand/heat ranges. Reason I ask is because I recall during the NW dyno day, Levi's car wasn't liking the 4554's it was running. Dave swapped in some autolite plug I believe and the car idled a bit smoother and wasn't fucking up the dyno(dyno readings were being fucked by the non resistor type plugs). From what I heard, those plugs were like a 7.5 heat range or so.

I'd also like to use resistor type plugs on certain customers cars because they bitch about having shitty radio reception with the non resistors.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2009, 06:41:39 PM by d112crzy »
www.crzytuning.com

Nobody comes into my house and shits all over it.  

Conceptz-X

• Certified OG

malichite

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Harbor Freight Ninja!
Re: Spark plug heat ranges and part #'s
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2009, 08:43:49 PM »

http://www.angelfire.com/extreme4/skidoolympique/SPARK_PLUG_CROSS_REFERENCE.htm

/thread

Love it, not a god damn plug to interchange for the BKR7Es

Side note, what is the difference functionally between a resistive and resistive plug. 
« Last Edit: June 07, 2009, 08:49:02 PM by malichite »
You hhave just failed on so many levels, im waiting for someone else to verbally slap you in the gooch with a mallet

Conceptz-X

• Certified OG
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2009, 08:56:04 PM »

They function the same, a resistor plug will have a higher firing voltage and lower EMI emission

bigdaddyvtec

• Certified OG
  • Go outside and play hide and go fuckyourself
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2009, 10:19:04 PM »

Though I'd make a thread so everyone can post all the different style plugs/heat ranges you tuners use on any setups.

I know the usuals are:
NGK 1283(BKR7E)

What I'm wanting to REALLY know is if anyone uses any other brand/heat ranges. Reason I ask is because I recall during the NW dyno day, Levi's car wasn't liking the 4554's it was running. Dave swapped in some autolite plug I believe and the car idled a bit smoother and wasn't fucking up the dyno(dyno readings were being fucked by the non resistor type plugs). From what I heard, those plugs were like a 7.5 heat range or so.

I'd also like to use resistor type plugs on certain customers cars because they bitch about having shitty radio reception with the non resistors.

Denso, not Autolite Resistor plugs dont put out the RF interference non resisters do...  The DYNOL didnt like the non resistors, Levis car didnt care one way or the other...,. It had way too much other shit going on...

The only way you can get a 8 heat range resistor plug in NGK is their Irridium offerings, you have to be very careful gapping them too, but they do work GREAT, just retarded expensive
BR8EIX Stock no: 6747   

Also a 7 range resistor:  #1095  bcpr7es11
« Last Edit: June 07, 2009, 10:25:52 PM by bigdaddyvtec »
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh166/joeymisanthropy/Misce/TURBOTHIS.jpg

H series 35 pounds... Will turn you out!
 ---GFI we build FAST---

d112crzy

• Certified OG
  • white power
    • CrzyTuning
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2009, 12:06:17 AM »

Oh, I swear it was idling a little better with those plugs. either way, do you remember what plug that was?

www.crzytuning.com

bigdaddyvtec

• Certified OG
  • Go outside and play hide and go fuckyourself
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2009, 02:31:16 AM »

I have some in the garage. ill lool later
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh166/joeymisanthropy/Misce/TURBOTHIS.jpg

H series 35 pounds... Will turn you out!
 ---GFI we build FAST---

Joseph Davis

• Verbal Assault Technician
  • Certified OG
  • Eugenics prevents retards like widebody93
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2009, 09:02:00 AM »

Fresh plugs are always a good thing in a racecar.

I'll post up plug numbers later.  NGK has a line of Laser Iridiums that are lots cheaper than the BRKxEIX family, about half price.  Also, you can use the ZFRxF-11 family up until 7's as an inexpensive "inductor rated" resistor plug for COP cars.

Joseph Davis

• Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2009, 02:02:25 PM »

I know the usuals are:
NGK 1283(BKR7E)

The BKR7E-11's are no longer 1283s, NGK changed the number to 5791 with the new silver/black boxes. 

92CXyD

• Twincharged Smeghead
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • I look around and all I see is Smegheads
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2009, 03:53:56 PM »

would this help: http://www.ngksparkplugs.com/docs/tech/design_symbols_plugs.pdf

When I was in the parts biz. I use to have to memories this chart find the correct plugs for my customers' non-stock performance cars. ;D

Joseph Davis

• Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2009, 04:56:08 PM »

When I was in the parts biz. I use to have to memories this chart find the correct plugs for my customers' non-stock performance cars. ;D

I think you are a liar.  I keep running into parts guys that insist they have to look up the correct plug by what the computer says it needs for that year/make/model/trim, and will argue with you about it.

92CXyD

• Twincharged Smeghead
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • I look around and all I see is Smegheads
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2009, 06:05:00 PM »

I think you are a liar.  I keep running into parts guys that insist they have to look up the correct plug by what the computer says it needs for that year/make/model/trim, and will argue with you about it.

I usually go by the NGK book for application then change heat range to what the intended hp gain is suppose to be according to NGK's:
http://www.ngksparkplugs.com/docs/tech/Racing_Spark_Plugs_Performance_Applications.pdf

If it is a wild setup (i.e. out of the norm) I follow the above Racing Spark Plugs Performance Application to figure out the range of plugs to work with.

I learned from some old parts guys and gals who trust the books more than the computer. That is why I had a lot of customers who would only ask for me to help them out. I work the parts counter for 11yrs. :?:

I approached finding parts for a customer a lot differently than everyone else and I did use some engineering approachs to solving thier problems.

To this day when i go to the parts store I just tell the exact part # I want, from doing some outside research (i.e. internet, and I have copies of some the buyer's guides I use to use) ;D

jeffsciv23

• Certified OG
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2009, 04:59:48 AM »

I'll post up plug numbers later.  NGK has a line of Laser Iridiums that are lots cheaper than the BRKxEIX family, about half price.  Also, you can use the ZFRxF-11 family up until 7's as an inexpensive "inductor rated" resistor plug for COP cars.

wheres the numbers niggger.

The OP just called me a nigger in the for sale section do the mods allow this kind of thing to happen around here?

DmC

• Certified OG
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2009, 08:49:29 AM »

I hate it when I get that guy at the counter. I usaully can tell how their going to be about things and I'll only give them part numbers and won't tell them what it's for. It makes things easier
« Last Edit: July 10, 2009, 08:53:51 AM by DmC »

Joseph Davis

• Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2009, 10:07:20 AM »

Never met the one who insists you have to enter a vehicle to get into the computer, can't just order random part numbers?  Fucking dildoes.

d112crzy

• Certified OG
  • white power
    • CrzyTuning
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2009, 02:49:59 PM »

Never met the one who insists you have to enter a vehicle to get into the computer, can't just order random part numbers?  Fucking dildoes.
I fucking hate the guys that ask for the vehicle the part is going into. Fucking retarded and pisses me off.
www.crzytuning.com

Pages: [1]   Go Up