:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ApexSilver06MR/Jason YOU WILL BE MISSED, RIP (link)  :'(

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: starting issue  (Read 4637 times)

shadow

• Certified OG
  • out either bangin gears or your mom
starting issue
« on: August 03, 2018, 01:46:33 AM »

94 teg ls. sometimes itll fire right up, but others, it will just crank for a while before finally firing up. car sat for about a year not running. changed fluids, new battery when i got it running. what could be causing this? car is stock, and drives fine. its just the starting issue.
'Get the fucking handout and give it to me. I'll put a "Sponsored by Darkelvis Racing" banner on my drag car, and spend the money on crack and hookers.'

Eggylshatch

• Certified OG
  • Pen15 Club President
Re: starting issue
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2018, 05:36:40 PM »

Have you looked at the contacts under the distributor cap? If you live in a wet/humid place they can corrode quite a bit while sitting.

And what about the gas? You get some fresh stuff in there?

brine04

• Certified OG
  • B-North
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2018, 12:01:03 PM »

Is the fuel pump priming ever time? Main relay could be on the way out but not totally fucked yet.
92GSR - mild interest

shadow

• Certified OG
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2018, 01:40:58 AM »

slapped on a new dizzy cap like a week after i got it back on the road. thought it went away, but continued doing it a day later. ill take a look at the contacts...im in ca, it can be humid, but its usually warm out.

it has fresh gas. ive been using the car for over a year now lol. i can hear the fuel pump prime every single time. cycling the pump a few times before i crank it doesnt seem to help any.
'Get the fucking handout and give it to me. I'll put a "Sponsored by Darkelvis Racing" banner on my drag car, and spend the money on crack and hookers.'

shadow

• Certified OG
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2018, 09:19:12 PM »

checked the dizzy, like i said it was new, all the contacts look fine. cleaned out the IACV and the throttle body a bit. nothing really changed, idle is a little low now lol. spark plugs and cables seem fine too. it does have a walbro pump in the tank, i threw it in there when it was turbo'd..could that be the culprit? fuel pressure is about 45psi i belive.

??? ???

corey88

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2018, 05:53:34 PM »

fuel filter gummed up?
"quotquotthis guy was too dumb to relize my DX was making all kinds of vtec noises"quotquot -HT sweetness

92CXyD

• Twincharged Smeghead
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • I look around and all I see is Smegheads
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2018, 05:53:46 PM »

checked the dizzy, like i said it was new, all the contacts look fine. cleaned out the IACV and the throttle body a bit. nothing really changed, idle is a little low now lol. spark plugs and cables seem fine too. it does have a walbro pump in the tank, i threw it in there when it was turbo'd..could that be the culprit? fuel pressure is about 45psi i belive.

??? ???

Did you adjust idle w/o IAC according to factory manual?

shadow

• Certified OG
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2018, 06:38:46 PM »

fuel filter gummed up?

i remember changing that bitch..not sure when tho lol, guess that will be next

shadow

• Certified OG
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2018, 06:39:53 PM »

??? ???

Did you adjust idle w/o IAC according to factory manual?

negative, didnt even know that was a thing. enlighten me russ!

shadow

• Certified OG
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2018, 06:42:23 PM »

i google'd it, i will do that and report back!

shadow

• Certified OG
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2018, 09:01:30 PM »

well, my idle sits right at 650, i meant when i start it up the idle is low, it doesnt shoot up like it supposed to bc its cold. it kinda struggles when it actually starts, i have to give it some gas for it not to stall :?:

92CXyD

• Twincharged Smeghead
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2018, 05:41:17 PM »

well, my idle sits right at 650, i meant when i start it up the idle is low, it doesnt shoot up like it supposed to bc its cold. it kinda struggles when it actually starts, i have to give it some gas for it not to stall :?:
Ok wait until engine is warmed , up jump the harness under dash, set idle close to target,

Adjust ignition timing, then adj idle w/o IAC connected, make sure the throttle cable isn't to tight, then adj idle screw on tb.

You will get a CEL IAC disconnected.  turn car off, then pull jumper, disconnect a fuse for backup for ecu, then hook up IAC.

Wait 30sec or longer, then start car see what ya get.

shadow

• Certified OG
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2019, 10:59:19 PM »

could it be the icm? :-\

92CXyD

• Twincharged Smeghead
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2019, 12:05:40 PM »

could it be the icm? :-\

Possible but would happen all the time  :noel:

shadow

• Certified OG
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2019, 06:37:54 PM »

well idk then lol, only issue is starting. fucker runs fine once on. it is rather annoying tho :-\

shadow

• Certified OG
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2020, 05:01:29 PM »

still have the same issue, but now an added symptom. car hesitates under acceleration sometimes, randomly usually. it feels like all power just goes, and a second later...its fine :?:

Tim

• Certified OG
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2020, 12:43:40 PM »

Did you checo fuel pressure is at 45ish or remembering from back when it was turbo? I've had fuel pressure issues cause this.

shadow

• Certified OG
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2020, 04:13:51 PM »

fuel pressure at the fuel filter is 45-50
Pages: [1]   Go Up