:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Official RHMT TANK! that's right i said a TANK! (link)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HELP! fuel pump not priming  (Read 2116 times)

shadow

• Certified OG
  • out either bangin gears or your mom
HELP! fuel pump not priming
« on: October 13, 2017, 08:21:07 PM »

sup nogs.

94 integra ls. died on the freeway, finally got it home. fuel pump isnt priming. checked all fused, pump isnt getting 12v unless i try to turn it over. i checked the main relay, and im getting two clicks. ??? read some other thread and check the ecu, yellow wires, they have 12v when turning it over. ummm, yeah.. help :?:
'Get the fucking handout and give it to me. I'll put a "Sponsored by Darkelvis Racing" banner on my drag car, and spend the money on crack and hookers.'

shadow

• Certified OG
Re: HELP! fuel pump not priming
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2017, 08:31:36 PM »

also, i noticed that if i turn the ignition past the II, it will prime, and then cranks if i go all the way...but doesnt start
'Get the fucking handout and give it to me. I'll put a "Sponsored by Darkelvis Racing" banner on my drag car, and spend the money on crack and hookers.'

turbohf

• aka: the rHMT Jew
  • Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2017, 09:56:20 PM »

sounds like ignition switch.
Dustin  :Jew:
1987 Buick Regal Limited 6.0L/4L80E (LQ4, 862 heads, tbss intake, 92mm tb, e1841p cam, Holley EFI)
2000 Silverado LS 5.3L Reg Cab Short Bed
1966 Chevy II Nova 400 4dr Sedan V8

'Faster, Faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.'

shadow

• Certified OG
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2017, 10:55:29 PM »

sounds like ignition switch.

winner winner! gotta wait til monday to change it

turbohf

• aka: the rHMT Jew
  • Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2017, 01:43:58 AM »

yeah, well my ITR and CRX both had them go out. plus selling a shitton of them while working at honda. seen them do some weird shit.
the ITR died on the freeway in traffic, luckily i got across a couple lanes cleanly. then after a couple cycles it started/ran. when i got off work it was stone dead. CRX had weird electrical issues till it died in traffic BARELY getting across a couple lanes. then main relay sounding like a machine gun on key on.

should be noted that most honda switches themselves are the same from like 92-00ish. you can just repin them (or if you get a 'warranty/update' one they come ready to repin and are cheap). good time to remove annoying ass chime too (little blue/white wires).

if you messing with Honda's an ignition switch, main relay, coil, ignitor are all good items to have on hand to trouble shoot real quick lol.
Dustin  :Jew:
1987 Buick Regal Limited 6.0L/4L80E (LQ4, 862 heads, tbss intake, 92mm tb, e1841p cam, Holley EFI)
2000 Silverado LS 5.3L Reg Cab Short Bed
1966 Chevy II Nova 400 4dr Sedan V8

'Faster, Faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.'

shadow

• Certified OG
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2017, 06:33:40 PM »

yeah, same thing happened to me. crapped out on the freeway on the #2 lane. except i wasnt able to get to the shoulder :?:

got the part for $62 bucks, the fucking alarm was wired into it apparently, all the alarm wiring was a fucking bird nest. but shes running again.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 08:01:57 PM by shadow »
Pages: [1]   Go Up