:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BDVT's BroDozzer gets compound twin turbos!... (link)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: There is low budget and then there is this V1.1.2  (Read 3227 times)

evo_lucian

There is low budget and then there is this V1.1.2
« on: March 25, 2016, 08:19:43 PM »

i just wanted to share my build with you guys since it fits right in here. Picked up this 1997 Honda Ferio last year and decided to fix it up.

After paint

Didnt really have the $ to do a chipped ecu + ostrich or Neptune so I did the next best thing. DIY Standalone ECU.

Speeduino V.04 2 channel PCB with Sainsmart Arduino Mega

Gutted Distributor. As you see, I only left 1 VR sensor. Speeduino can work with the stock dizzy but i chose to mod it to do wasted spark/COP

Modified 24 tooth trigger wheel with 2 teeth shaved off 180 degrees apart

Back together, minus the Cap

« Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 08:41:16 AM by evo_lucian »

evo_lucian

Re: More time than money build
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2016, 08:29:12 PM »

Started a Homemade turbo System.

I decided my Speeduino A Plug and Play unit,  I used an old toyota 4Agze obd1 ecu case and went to town on it. I now have have 2 IS9V5056S3S Ignition drivers mounted in the ECU as well.

how the bay looks now

Cleaned up a bit. I tie strapped the Speeduino a bit further up under the dash to clean things up and to try and safe guard it from someone stepping on it.

I never mounted my IAT sensor on my intake piping, I pretty much just had it dangling in the engine bay. I figured there is a huge difference between the air coming in from my cold air intake and what the sensor was reading in the bay so i decided I would just take off the cold air intake since I didn't wanna go through the trouble of lengthening the IAT sensor wires since I will be going turbo soon. I just placed it on the air filter. It will do for now.

Cleaned up the wiring a bit more. I used one of these break out boards and mounted the speeduino in the glove compartment. No I dont have to worry  about someone stepping  on the ecu on the floor 

« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 08:38:23 PM by evo_lucian »

92CXyD

• Twincharged Smeghead
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • I look around and all I see is Smegheads
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2016, 02:51:24 AM »

Bad ass, saw this on DSO, was wondering why you didn't share it here?   :noel:

evo_lucian

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2016, 07:59:20 AM »

Bad ass, saw this on DSO, was wondering why you didn't share it here?   :noel:

Started the thread on DSO because I was bored but basically never started one here because I was lazy  :'(
Pages: [1]   Go Up