:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Daspoop/Trevor YOU WILL BE MISSED, RIP (link)  :'(

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: would a HF winch work as a hoist  (Read 2210 times)

• Certified OG
would a HF winch work as a hoist
« on: October 25, 2015, 03:28:10 AM »

i know hf sells a 120v hoist, but i was there recently and the "2500lb atv winch" was on sale for 59. i think it might be 49 soon. i picked one up and a 20$ 225cca mower battery which i was planning on hooking up to a charger or somthing. i might still return it but i was thinking i could either mount it to my garage wall to yank dead cars in , and with a pulley or snatch to a beam across the the rafter and use it as a lift, or mount it up in the rafter as a engine lift. i figured i could also weld up a trailer hitch mount and use it that way too, if i ever needed it portable. which i probably wouldnt. but i have used my car several times to yank people out of snow or rip out fugly landscaping.

i thought of using it to lower down a home furnace i got into my rafters but it was a real whore. and then keep it around because i recenty gave the cherry picker back to a neighbor.

would this work for this stuff? it has a wireless remote with in/out buttons. im not sure how the whole release works, if it has a brake or will hold a load mid air or not. obviously i wouldnt trust it to climb under it holding somthing .

HiProfile

• Certified OG
  • Injector Kingpin
Re: would a HF winch work as a hoist
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2015, 01:12:32 PM »

If the winch has some sort of a brake or power reverse, it should work. W/o a brake it will work as long as it it's reeling in. I had the plastic-cased winch from Northern pull a dead prelude onto a trailer no issue, and that was with a crappy car battery that I bought reconditioned while in sub-zero temps.

I can't say it will dead-lift 2500lb, but it should lift more than you can. The down side to most electrical hoists is when they're on/off controls. It's like trying to drive a finish nail with tractor-trailer.
they mspainted dildoes in my mom'#039#039s hand, in a picture of her in a hospital bed. -JD
dem gurls need some boobz! -Engloid

• Certified OG
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2015, 02:54:39 AM »

i can push a 3000lb car by my self on flat ground, so i figured this thing can dead lift about 3-400lbs maybe lol. ill give it the benefit of a doubt it can lift more than me if its made to pull a atv out of mud or whatever

HiProfile

• Certified OG
  • Injector Kingpin
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2015, 04:16:49 PM »

3 ppl weren't enough to push a prelude up onto the trailer but the cheap winch did it, albeit slowly. Mine is probably the weakest model too.
they mspainted dildoes in my mom'#039#039s hand, in a picture of her in a hospital bed. -JD
dem gurls need some boobz! -Engloid
Pages: [1]   Go Up