:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

AJ's 1966 Nova LSX twin turbo build! (link)

Poll

NOVA?

NOVA
- 3 (23.1%)
NOVA?
- 3 (23.1%)
NOVA!
- 3 (23.1%)
?
- 4 (30.8%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 17   Go Down

Author Topic: 1966 Chevy Nova mordor project... ***fresh 4.great.... dyno numbers/video***  (Read 84675 times)

crxvtec91

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • RIP old hmt. SloS13 for King!!!
Re: 1966 Chevy Nova mordor project... LS6/TH400/7875... BOOST :D
« Reply #360 on: October 13, 2016, 01:44:33 PM »

Damn thats coming along rather nice. Im not sure if I should get the 7875 or the new billet 7875 coming out.
My build thread; http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php?topic=2444.0

I like my girls like I like my cars, rich and retarded.

turbohf

• aka: the rHMT Jew
  • Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
« Reply #361 on: October 13, 2016, 04:50:32 PM »

I didn't want to wait or spend the money. this turbo will do aid in doing burnouts just fine. I have seen dynos, street videos, burnouts, etc proving it  :noel:
Dustin  :Jew:
1987 Buick Regal Limited 6.0L/4L80E (LQ4, 862 heads, tbss intake, 92mm tb, e1841p cam, Holley EFI)
2000 Silverado LS 5.3L Reg Cab Short Bed
1966 Chevy II Nova 400 4dr Sedan V8

'Faster, Faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.'

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
« Reply #362 on: November 01, 2016, 10:35:59 PM »

UPDATES..... ok not much.

i didnt want to put the battery in the trunk for a bunch of reasons. so i made a spot up front for it.

not 100% finished. want to drill a couple drain holes, and it needs the lower support welded in. probably some paint... anyway i like this thing. turned out, well how i pictured it, but wasnt nearly as hard as i thought. did take some time.

speaking of taking time... well this one was me being lazy any working on it 10-20mins at a time.

HOTSIDE!  :)  again, not 100% (i dont think anything is on this car yet lol). i still want to grind a bunch of crap off the manifolds, and i need to finalize wastegate placement. but otherwise pretty much welded up and ready.

oh i also made a little turbo manifold brace, that does from the rear T4 bolt to the cylinder head. little extra to keep vibration down. but im sure its useless and the turbo will still try to fall off the car...

:Jew:
1987 Buick Regal Limited 6.0L/4L80E (LQ4, 862 heads, tbss intake, 92mm tb, e1841p cam, Holley EFI)

Ntrain2k

• Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
    • Zeus E-Juice Premium E-Liquid
http://bit.ly/TYRevB  If you vape, you have to try Zeus E-Juice

DSharp

« Reply #364 on: November 03, 2016, 09:36:53 PM »

I like the squiggly tube.
No escape from the mass mind rape

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
« Reply #365 on: November 03, 2016, 10:14:48 PM »

there was a reason for that... was fighting with the imaginary lower radiator hose. still need to figure that out. one that the internets says to use doesnt fit for shit.

my engine side is like 39mm and the radiator side is 46mm. along with needing to make a ridiculous S bend to make shit happen.

crxvtec91

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #366 on: November 17, 2016, 07:29:05 AM »

DoWork!  :noel:

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
« Reply #367 on: November 17, 2016, 01:22:35 PM »

DoWork!  :noel:

was motivated all week at work. tired when I got home, then lazy all weekend when it came to the cars. just did shit around the house.

I have been piling up some cash, should be ordering some fuel parts soon...

crxvtec91

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #368 on: November 18, 2016, 08:41:49 AM »

I know the feeling, been lazy. I get home around 5 and its already dark.

ApexSilver06MR

• RealHomeMadeTurbo's "pee wee"
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • RealHomeMadeTurbo Resident Cocksmith!
« Reply #369 on: December 15, 2016, 11:54:26 AM »

damn.  I need to join the club.  Looking good Duistin
pee wee for the size of my p..........

Nor*Cal Spoolin'#039#039 Nig Nog

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
« Reply #370 on: February 20, 2017, 11:10:39 PM »

damn.  I need to join the club.  Looking good Duistin

always room! good news, currently there are cookies, no alcohol, drinking the last of it...  :noel:

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
« Reply #371 on: February 20, 2017, 11:43:36 PM »

WORK!!!!

ok, 2 steps back... but work is taking place.

i bought this:

picture sucks. but its a COMPLETE LM7/5.3L from a rolled Tahoe. it has full harness, ecu, ac compressor, starter, hell its got radiator hoses... couple bads: cracked oil pan (dont care, there was oil in it though, looked like it was time for oil change, no glitter), bent PS pulley that in turn tossed the belt. bent coil bracket. broken bung on the intake manifold (just another thing i need to cap off). what else? thats the jist.

oh, yeah, why the motor change? well i have some serious automotive ADD... so i have decided to swap the iron 5.3 in over the LS6. lots of reasons and blah blah, etc. but short point is that a 4.8 with minimal boost will destroy 235-245 tires all day long. and i wont feel bad when i break a truck motor vs my fancy one. so im going to save the LS6 and find a nice 6speed to bolt to it and throw in my next daily driver (looking to sell my Galant, thats far from being 'daily driver' for some time)

random pics:

oh yeah, so while i was buying shit. i bought that beast on the right. like 740/1180ft tq 1/2" drive. little one is 3/8 i have had forever. couple new 4mh batteries. took the crank pulley bolt off after a couple hits, spun the head bolts right out.

i have a hone, so i dropped it down the holes.

if i NEVER use that stupid ass band clamp ever again i will be a happy man. buying the right tools makes life, and this 'hobby' so much more enjoyable. even though it hurts to spend money some times.

going sloppymechanics rebuild on this. well i did clean some things. but i didnt bother pulling the mains, pretended i didnt look at the rods or cam bearings.
speaking of, parts here/on the way:
PAC 1218 springs (probably be pics of install tomorrow)
'sloppy stage 2' Jegs cam. Lift: 0.585"/0.585" Duration @ 0.050": 228°/230° Advertised Duration: 283°/286° Lobe Separation: 112° (still waiting for this, tracking shows a couple days)
i did buy some MLS head gaskets, will reuse the rest. and head/rod bolts, etc.
and i gapped the rings. (btw be careful when using circular sander to gap, takes material quickly off 2nd ring)

i will probably be waiting for payday before buying anymore big stuff. hopefully be fuel tank crap.

Ntrain2k

• Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #372 on: February 21, 2017, 06:32:35 AM »

*like*

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
Re: 1966 Chevy Nova mordor project... LM7+TH400+chinacharger = :D
« Reply #373 on: March 01, 2017, 01:29:43 AM »

ok.

"rebuild kit"

;)  couple of not GM headgaskets i guess. i should have read the ad more carefully, i just cross referenced off the part number i wanted. oh well. i have been running random ebay MLS gaskets on Honda shit for years with no issue (well, other than reusing them). some PAC 1218 springs. and the Jegs cam (aka Sloppy Stage 2). specs are in the last post...and on jegs website.
HG's = 35
springs = 135
cam = 287

i gapped the rings to "that will work" and "oops". bearings looked, well, 'used'. clean, lube, reinstall. and you seen i dropped the ball/flex hone down the holes. oh cam bearings. i did look, forgot i wasnt suppose to per sloppy instructions, lubed cam and poked it in.

this motor is going to run at least 10w30. lol.... quite honestly i plan on driving this a lot. but my drive to work is 8miles each way. and i was thinking the other day when i drove 30some miles in my Galant, that it was probably the furthest it has ever ventured from home in that. probably not going drive in the rain on purpose. maybe 4k miles, which i doubt even the galant does and i drive it in the rain.

oh, i show you my new ring gapper?

works great. watch out for the 2nd ring. its iron? it grinds QUICK.

shit, my attention span sucks. works less when alcohol...

"correct" valve spring compressor. works mint. BUT word of warning. i love my makita impacts. the nut on the tool there did not like it as much as i do. luckily standard metric nut (tons of leftover flanged honda ones, that i love to swap in place of galant ones). it made it 14 springs... of course this was the cheapest one on ebay, like 22bucks.  just be careful of the nut.

oh yeah. so this engine came from a rolled Tahoe. so a couple things where broken/bent...

little trip to my favorite racing shop aka Ace Hardware. little Hondabond and a hammer and she is sealed again. think im going to order the billet egr/evap blockoff kit off ebay. like 22bucks, seams easier for the rest of the holes.

looks like thats all the pics. wasnt really taking many. taking my sweet time with progress. when i was doing the valve springs i thought my fingers where going to freeze off. hard to do delicate work with frozen fingers.

in the next couple days i plan to pull the manifolds off the engine in the car, test them on the truck motor with its accessories to double check some clearances, order some more parts.

Ntrain2k

• Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #374 on: March 01, 2017, 07:25:12 AM »

win!

ratcityrex

• I Get Blown Daily
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #375 on: March 01, 2017, 12:23:32 PM »

Well........... fuck yeah!!
New setup is old bottom end with a hype r head with gsr cams. built lsv with hx35 @ 26psi on pump gas
LEED tuned! 434hp/329tq http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pbDXZxZdZs
http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php/topic,16195.0.html

Old Setup B18a1 296hp/289tq LEED Tuned 20psi on pump! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Yj-Z90j4W4   
http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php/topic,205.msg2437.html#msg2437

crxvtec91

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #376 on: March 03, 2017, 01:52:01 PM »

I like what im seeing! We recently started working on the volvo again, but nothing worth posting yet.

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
« Reply #377 on: March 07, 2017, 11:51:50 PM »

didnt make nearly as much progress i would have liked. but it was cold and snowing. i should buy a heater, broke the last couple that worked well in the garage...

bought those. seemed simpler. only 20bucks shipped. one for giant EGR hole in intake manifold, small one for EVAP something in the intake. and the other is for the EGR on the exhaust manifold. was going to cut it off and weld the hole/etc, but again, simpler... need to paint these black before installing.

went to test fit manifolds... threw on the water pump to check some clearances, threw the accessory drive on to make sure it cleared drivers manifold...

took some work... ok i just removed some extra brackets, the PS hose, and bent the other PS fitting out the way. ill need to figure something out for the PS.
as you can see its DAMN close. i plan to header wrap that. probably will be fine.

yup.... think i have the passenger side figured out. little issue with oil drain, and the heater core hoses.
heater core = blocked off
oil drain = creative with the fittings i dont have and cant seem to find. but a 90 and straight, with my usual NAPA hose will do fine. oh and allen bolts for the drain flange, then sent regulars, what a PITA.

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
« Reply #378 on: April 16, 2017, 10:48:57 PM »

ok. so i have been watching too many youtube vids and not enough working. but couple of those guys are getting me motivated to work on my pile. big thing is me probably overthinking and stressing on shit that probably isnt an issue? just need to hammer it out (maybe literally? sometimes its lots of cutting, and welding too)

so in todays installment of Dustin grabs the saw/welder and makes shit happen...

we now have a TH400 crossmemeber..yes it does look a lot like the PG crossmember...

was checking things out (downpipe/exhaust clearance), had put a fender on. figured i would throw some wheels on and check how those would actually fit (never bothered till now) with the new front end.

thats the 17x8 zero offset with a 245/45 tire. and the jack is under it giving some load.... might need 2 more 8" wheels... fronts i have are 7's i think, with 215/45s.

OH...

this thing was an utter pain in the ass to remove. probably welded a dozen nuts to it. broke off an easy out thing (need to throw these stupid things away). but i won!

i dont remember what these pics where? but i uploaded them anyway...

i took them last week i think. probably showing that the 5.3L is installed...

i also bought this...

i have to say i am really impressed. i didnt realize that there was a baffle splitting the tank in 2 with about 5 1.5" holes in it to keep fuel to the front of the tank in acceleration or whatever. plus the little pan that the pump sits in of course (i thought thats all it had).

my issue with the tank brings us to the next pic...

i got a Walbro 450lph pump... 400/450 i am told are the same externally.
the issue is that when Tanks Inc made these, and from the looks of it all the others. they only put a 2" opening in the tanks?!?! im sure with a standard walbro 255 pump its a tight fit and a wiggle to get it in. but the 450 is even tighter. you got to make sure everything is clocked just perfect, a twist, wiggle, little angle, etc... anyway. they should have built in some future proofing.

i did get a fuel level sender also. looks like it will be tight as all hell too. but from the looks of it, its a standard aftermarket universal piece.

anyway. thats all the pics. should be one more of the radiator outlet pointing right into the alternator, but im not going to look for it. new radiator will be here tuesday, you know, after my weekend is over. stupid drop shipped parts via UPS. if it would have shipped out of california like the listing said....oh and UPS is still the slowest shipper ever.

end of ranting/rambling... tomorrow, more welding, cutting, maybe a gas tank install...

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
« Reply #379 on: May 03, 2017, 12:02:30 AM »

ok i made a new to-do list... and an order to work on stuff list. that way not just random small projects are done, bigger projects or areas of the car are complete...

i think where i left off i did do a little bit more. but it seems im taking less pics. sometimes its because the progress seems small, and its stuff i have taken pics of before...or hopefully its because im working.

lets see what i uploaded....

looks like drivers manifold just about done... i forgot that the guy i was buying parts from was in PA...well i guess the part i forgot is that all the shit would be rusty. so one of the EGR plate bolts didnt want to come out. so F-it. just welded that hole shut... finish welded both the manifolds, as i guess i didnt weld the v-bands. probably being last and didnt want to remove the manifolds again... i header wrapped the 2" cross over stuff with 2" black DEI wrap. and i did some stuff in 1", but that stuff sucks and luckily i didnt buy nearly enough. so, im done. :)  what else is in those pics... plenty of steering shaft clearance. cut the column shift thing off as it hits the manifold. ill be going to a Lokar floor shift i think. *any thing else out there that doesnt look racecar?*

that reminds me, i didnt take pics of the big pile of crap i bought... ehh.

on the right we have "return" PS hose that will be going to a cooler (after too much thought). on the left, the pressure hose. that really just needed to do a 180 and be 4" long. yes, i wrap all SS braided crap in electrical tape, it keeps it from sawing threw everything it touches.

yeah... moving on.  O0 :mexi: :?:

hell, ill post this one too...

i remember Matt saying he drills a bunch of holes in his thermostats....he probably uses newer 2piece thermos. this is a once piece, and so is my spare....and the LS6. so i drilled out the bleeder, and about 180 from that i railed another.... hopefully i doesnt peg 140* like my last Civic did LOL.

yup. passenger side. mounted my wastegate. a brace for it. some paint on manifold, some wrap. etc.

OH... remember when there was a LS6 in the car with Fbody accessories and i build that turbo crap? yeah... truck accessories now... i do own several hammers, so all is good.

did i mention that my upper radiator inlet pointed directly at my alternator?

this is an aluminum radiator old ass cougar/mustang. it takes some work.... im amazed at my fabrication skills, then my lack there of. i can get that to fit. but cant get a radiator hose in there to fit.

PS cooler mounted!!! nope. intercooler hit it there. think it will be horizontal on the bottom now. but there it is. you can get them for like 25bucks at parts store. read of people boil there fluid after a while.

and thats where i left her tonight....

ratcityrex

• I Get Blown Daily
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #380 on: May 05, 2017, 04:45:24 PM »

Looks good man. Keep plugging away at it.
New setup is old bottom end with a hype r head with gsr cams. built lsv with hx35 @ 26psi on pump gas

Old Setup B18a1 296hp/289tq LEED Tuned 20psi on pump! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Yj-Z90j4W4   

crxvtec91

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #381 on: May 08, 2017, 03:03:50 PM »

Fuck yea!

highroller54

• I caught the fable Novacorn
  • RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • Spreading the rhmt word like PB&J
« Reply #382 on: June 03, 2017, 11:45:01 PM »

Run yet?
Xenocron is a piece of shit.

I solve my problems like an adult, at the strip club drinking on a work night. http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/images/smilies/turbo1.gif

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
« Reply #383 on: June 04, 2017, 01:33:29 AM »

Run yet?

yeah? have you not been getting all the pics i have been sending of it at work all week?....  :-* ::)

no promise, but i did buy some fuel parts and hope to get fuel tank in and some fuel lines/filter ran and sorted out this weekend. little more engine bay work. changed my mind again on engine management, so maybe get some of that sorted also.

engine bay
fuel tank/lines
engine wiring
downpipe/exhaust
rear end (lots of work there)

need:
exhaust and small shit
hptuners
shifter
driveshaft
caltracs?

plan is to actually start finishing off these sections, to move towards starting her soon. be a big relief. it doesnt need driveshaft/shifter/rearend/etc for any of that, so try not to stress on that shit for the moment. i get hung up on small things, that may be trivial at the moment, but i see as big, and slows me down. like the rear end. lots of work, and parts that i cant afford or dont want to buy at the moment. but has absolutly nothing to do with running or finishing the hole front end of the car....

anyway.  :Jew:

Tim

• Certified OG
« Reply #384 on: June 05, 2017, 04:10:47 PM »

i gapped the rings to "that will work" and "oops".

Mine always ended up at 0.0fuckinghuge0 gap

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
« Reply #385 on: June 06, 2017, 01:27:37 AM »

well i spent some time cleaning up the garage yesterday, dug the 8.8 out and drug that heavy bastard up front of the car for some room to take it apart and cut it up...later. (it was also under the car/fuel tank)

proof of some work taking place...

obviously the old tank (guessing original) vs the new Tanks Inc EFI tank.

little peak inside the OLD tank. hell, it doesnt look bad at all in there!.... FOR SALE, CHEAP! local only obviously.

spent too much time on this probably. but it looks nice, i like it. put a OE plug on the fuel pump (Honda fan/distributor plug), sender is just some random wire with slip connectors (didnt look too hard for small 2pin plug set). hard line got bent after pic.

shortly bit later after some fighting with the straps, fill hose, the junk harbor freight creeper that cant roll over light dirt/dust, i have the tank hanging, fill hose ripped, pressure fuel line pointing towards the front of the car...

ratcityrex

• I Get Blown Daily
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #386 on: June 06, 2017, 03:13:06 PM »

That tank looks pretty fucking solid!! Wish I would have went that route. Fuck it I guess. Sump is better then nothing. How much was the tank?

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
« Reply #387 on: June 07, 2017, 01:58:26 AM »

That tank looks pretty fucking solid!! Wish I would have went that route. Fuck it I guess. Sump is better then nothing. How much was the tank?

GPA- A Fuel pump assy (no pump, just hanger) 105.97
TAN-GML fuel level sender 0-90ohm 35.97
TM41-T Nova efi tank 225.97

all that from summit racing, 9.75 shipping. 377.66 total

F90000267 walbro 450lph off ebay 103.98.... same pump from Tanks Inc/Summit is over 200bucks?!?! so thats why i ordered the bare hanger assy.

then i spent like 80bucks or so on fittings, hard lines, filter, shit so far...  :-\

highroller54

• I caught the fable Novacorn
  • RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • Spreading the rhmt word like PB&J
« Reply #388 on: June 12, 2017, 10:23:58 PM »

That's the tank I told you to run and you told me to suck balls lol.
Xenocron is a piece of shit.

I solve my problems like an adult, at the strip club drinking on a work night. http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/images/smilies/turbo1.gif

crxvtec91

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #389 on: June 14, 2017, 10:06:45 AM »

I been slacking with the volvo, this is motivating me!

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 17   Go Up