:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

GET YOUR OFFICIAL REALHOMEMADETURBO.COM STICKERS! (link)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Looking at a Hypertherm 45 Plasma Cutter, Any others I should consider?  (Read 4807 times)

Xgenturbo

My cheap $400 china cutter turned itself in to a $400 door stop so I am going out tomorrow afternoon to look at some cutters. I'm thinking the Hypertherm 45 as everyone has great things to say about it. The $2049 price tag is a bit hard to swallow but I'm only doing this once for a long time. Another option is a Victor Thermal Dynamics 52 for $1900, a bit less money and still a good cutter. Someone also said that ESAB a quality piece. Any advice?
I too am an OG : )

ratcityrex

• I Get Blown Daily
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
Re: Looking at a Hypertherm 45 Plasma Cutter, Any others I should consider?
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2014, 12:45:18 AM »

Only experience I have with plasma cutters is my miller extreme375. I got it for $40 because they said it didn't work. All it needed was the mvp plug for the end. Got that for $15 from my local welding supply store. This g works tits for a whole $55 other than that I don't have any advice other than if your gonna drop the coin once do it right and don't skimp.
New setup is old bottom end with a hype r head with gsr cams. built lsv with hx35 @ 26psi on pump gas
LEED tuned! 434hp/329tq http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pbDXZxZdZs
http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php/topic,16195.0.html

Old Setup B18a1 296hp/289tq LEED Tuned 20psi on pump! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Yj-Z90j4W4   
http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php/topic,205.msg2437.html#msg2437

Xgenturbo

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2014, 02:13:15 AM »

Only experience I have with plasma cutters is my miller extreme375. I got it for $40 because they said it didn't work. All it needed was the mvp plug for the end. Got that for $15 from my local welding supply store. This g works tits for a whole $55 other than that I don't have any advice other than if your gonna drop the coin once do it right and don't skimp.

Wish I took that advice before I ordered that door stop  ;DDD Congrats on that Miller, That is a fucking steal!!! I wish things were cheaper here in Canada and people didn't want an arm and leg for their used shit.
Unfortunately we Canadians get shafted left and right so things like plasma cutters are a lot more here than in the US. The same Hypertherm I'm looking to get is only $1400 in the US.

Avistar23

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2014, 11:28:17 PM »

why not order it and have it sent usps with minimal cross boarder fees? how much would it be to ship?
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution II CE9A -- Holset powered

F250 4x4 7.3 Diesel

International 4900 DT 466E
Freightliner Fl115 M11 CelectPlus

Xgenturbo

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2014, 01:09:18 AM »

why not order it and have it sent usps with minimal cross boarder fees? how much would it be to ship?

Not sure if the extra shipping and border fees are worth it. Exactly how much is minimal? Last time I had something ship from the U.S. I paid a big premium between them two!
I ended up ordering the Hypertherm 45 locally and got it at a good price, total was $1881.34 + 5% tax. Not too bad, it'll be here Monday 😃

weirtech

• Certified OG
    • Weir Technologies Inc.
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2014, 10:34:45 AM »

i have a hypertherm 30.  been a great plasma for 5+ years.  it is rated for only 3/8" plate, but i've cut 1/2" with it and a slow/steady hand.

aaron
Pages: [1]   Go Up