:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Daspoop/Trevor YOU WILL BE MISSED, RIP (link)  :'(

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: OEM IACV with custom IM  (Read 3967 times)

walter

• Certified OG
OEM IACV with custom IM
« on: October 30, 2014, 09:50:03 PM »

Hi, im looking for build a custom D-series intake manifold, i was wondering how do i can keep OEM iacv, i saw this:

http://www.xcessivemanufacturing.com/onlinestore.html?pid=192&step=4

i dont know if there is other way , any input?

HiProfile

• Certified OG
  • Injector Kingpin
Re: OEM IACV with custom IM
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2014, 03:20:17 AM »

That's about it, but you can make your own with some simple tools. The hole farthest from the black motor body has to connect to filtered atmosphere (pre-throttle body) while the other hole has to connect to the plenum. If you make the throttle body plate thick enough, you can have a port drilled into the side that taps into the original IACV port in the throttle body. Then route that to another IACV plate welded to the plenum and do the same thing for that first hole. The second hold can be drilled through the IACV plate & plenum.

Honestly I'd have a decent tab welded under the plenum and use an IACV plate like shown in the link that can bolt up to it. Also keep the lines short and big. 1/4" ID line is about the smallest you'll want to go; 1000rpm is about the highest your IACV can go to with a 1/8" ID tube.
they mspainted dildoes in my mom'#039#039s hand, in a picture of her in a hospital bed. -JD
dem gurls need some boobz! -Engloid

highroller54

• I caught the fable Novacorn
  • RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • Spreading the rhmt word like PB&J
Re: OEM IACV with custom IM
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2014, 11:57:54 AM »

My plan with the itb's on the mini was to run basically what you posted.
Xenocron is a piece of shit.

I solve my problems like an adult, at the strip club drinking on a work night. http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/images/smilies/turbo1.gif
Pages: [1]   Go Up