:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

RHMT DIY Hub Dyno?!?!? check it. (link)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: microsquirt ?'s  (Read 3584 times)

jeremy_nash

microsquirt ?'s
« on: October 02, 2014, 09:17:27 PM »

At the dyno day the grand wizard mentioned going doing itb's off a cbr on my 3cyl geo.
First question is, will it be possible to separate one of them from the set of 4? It appears I may be able to attack it with a cut off wheel

Second question is with engine management, I was looking to use microsquirt for simplicity.  My crank has a 6 tooth wheel, can it be used to trigger the microsquirt?

Four cylinders are over-rated.  Three is underdog and the only way to go. - Robb

jeremy_nash

Re: microsquirt ?'s
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2014, 11:09:51 PM »

this is a pic of what my gear looks like its from a 96

this is another option, one from a 99+
Four cylinders are over-rated.  Three is underdog and the only way to go. - Robb

stealthiskey

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2014, 08:14:56 AM »

don't know much about microsquirt, but I've been doing some megasquirt applications lately. 

If it's anything like megasquirt you could probably use either wheel, but I think the 6 teeth would be much simpler to set up.

jeremy_nash

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2014, 01:19:17 AM »

So ive been doing a little more research.  It appears I can remove one of the teeth off my 6 tooth wheel, and run it as a 6-1 wheel.  Apparently it will need to be batch fire, which I am fine with.
Pages: [1]   Go Up