:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Daspoop/Trevor YOU WILL BE MISSED, RIP (link)  :'(

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: adjustable jig for making angine mounts?  (Read 3833 times)

• Certified OG
adjustable jig for making angine mounts?
« on: June 11, 2013, 12:30:52 PM »

i need to fabricate two engine mounts, based on the originals angles and hole placement but i need to make them with a couple inches of front to rear slotted adjustment, can anyone give me some good ideas for making a jig for making the mounts?  id like to make just one for both but if i have to make one for left and one for right mounts thats ok too

my mounts will probably look similar to this to give an idea of angle

Minor Threat

• Certified OG
Re: adjustable jig for making angine mounts?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2013, 04:29:44 PM »

1. Get a front cut
2. Cut out frame rails with mounts on them
3. ????
4. Profits
"quotquotand the welds look like a pigeon had 1 too many chili-dogs, whoever built them needs to go throw their tools in the ocean."quotquot

www.facebook.com/enhancedautoperformance

weirtech

• Certified OG
    • Weir Technologies Inc.
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2013, 11:22:42 PM »

2 inches is a hell of a lot of movement!

i'd do it with a 2 plate stack.  the bottom plate would just have the threaded holes that bolt into the block, then make the second the same size, but with its own 4 bolt hole pattern that is inside the larger pattern and thread the holes in the bottom plate and put 2" slots on the top plate.  it would have to be wider than the bottom plate by 2 inches on the front and back to accommodate the slots.  put some big flat washers on the bolts and you should be good to go.

HiProfile

• Certified OG
  • Injector Kingpin
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2013, 08:19:20 PM »

If you have the original mounts and motor/trans they bolt to & plan to do 3+ different mount locations, it should be easy. Get some square steel tube & 1/8" or 1/4" plate & build a big simple frame around the engine (hint - near the mounts!). Then you do as Aaron suggested. The key is to have to adjustment plates move at the same angle as the through-bolts/washers on the other bolts. You'll also need to mark "zero", or the stock location.

they mspainted dildoes in my mom'#039#039s hand, in a picture of her in a hospital bed. -JD
dem gurls need some boobz! -Engloid
Pages: [1]   Go Up