:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BDVT's BroDozzer gets compound twin turbos!... (link)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Nifty wideband products (BPSX)  (Read 38166 times)

Joseph Davis

• Verbal Assault Technician
  • Certified OG
  • Eugenics prevents retards like widebody93
    • TURBO THIS
Re: Nifty wideband products (BPSX)
« Reply #90 on: May 22, 2013, 09:07:23 AM »

Any market for a wbo2 test box?

Not to the low end market as they don't care to understand, and not to the high end marlet as they've paid to not have to worry.

quadnie

• Certified OG
« Reply #91 on: May 26, 2013, 04:03:16 AM »

As much hate as this seller has gotten for designing an affordable WB, I have to give him a little bit of credit for his finished product being somewhat presentable.  The enclosure looks decent and the product does function within the expectations in the sea of nomenclature wideband o2 options out there.  The business owner is purely amateur and it shows in his selection of sluggish mazda cars (along with the noted pigeon poop welding) but it looks like he has tried by presenting a somewhat finished/polished product at a reasonable price.

Now by playing devil's advocate I feel justified in speaking for the rest of the crowd.  I'm a full supporter for Alan's JAW project and helped him with some advice when he was first launching his product.  I also am guilty of owning those stupid narrow band "ricer light show" gauges in the past followed by an AEM WB gauge and then an Innovate.  Instead of moving forward in the evolutionary chain I regressed.  Anymore I just don't run gauges (canned tune) in fear of car-jackers seeing the gauge clusters and simply stealing my shit.  On my Chevy I bandaid the fuck out of anything I can; because I can.  Sloppy setup or not, I'm here to fairly judge this WB product.

So all things being considered I would like to possibly give this WB a shot.  Sure the car gods have ruled that it is inaccurate on the most important readings of 11-15, sure the designer/owner drives a miata and most likely loves dick (g/f had one and I drove it for a while... that's all).  I am kinda partial to give one of his fly-by-night WB units a shot because it is cheap enough.  I can source a much hated Bosch o2 local for pretty cheap so for $54... eh?... why not?

Perhaps the company will release a v2 that will be more accurate?  I don't know why nobody has stepped up to rep him yet like the support for Alan, I also don't know why JD hasn't tested this unit yet.  New company.. maybe?  It's hard to imagine a person developing a car product not be known on car forums, and this forum is a good one that has active members on about all the other ones.

That's my 2 cents on the matter and I hope that my contribution makes a positive difference.  I'm trying to be open about the matter.. If it doesn't jive well with the set expectations than... well... FUCK YOU

rawr

• Certified OG
« Reply #92 on: May 26, 2013, 11:25:42 AM »

2 cents? Nigga thats like 15 dollars.

Holy quadnie post.

turbohf

• aka: the rHMT Jew
  • Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
« Reply #93 on: May 26, 2013, 11:29:21 PM »

still trying to get the gain dialed in... but it works....as far as it turns on and reads numbers (not that they are correct/incorrect).

:Jew:
Dustin  :Jew:
1987 Buick Regal Limited 6.0L/4L80E (LQ4, 862 heads, tbss intake, 92mm tb, e1841p cam, Holley EFI)
2000 Silverado LS 5.3L Reg Cab Short Bed
1966 Chevy II Nova 400 4dr Sedan V8

'Faster, Faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.'

Joseph Davis

• Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #94 on: June 03, 2013, 11:15:58 AM »

I'm not saying it isn't viable as far as Bosch implementations go - no one expects those to be terribly accurate.  I'm just saying the designer hasn't a fucking clue.  Tests his wideband against an Innovate with no control, and any discrepancy between the two is the other product's fault.  Right.  That makes me want to stay away.

fe3tcourier

« Reply #95 on: June 10, 2013, 06:59:26 AM »

I don't know why nobody has stepped up to rep him yet like the support for Alan, I also don't know why JD hasn't tested this unit yet.
Alan earned the respect and backing that he has by being completely honest and transparent! This guy is either completely brain-dead or about as honest as any of your American politicians (not that they're much worse than others, mind you... just more powerful...).

I'm just saying the designer hasn't a fucking clue.
Wait till you see Alan's latest post on the matter. He told me this stuff on the phone a few weeks back, and asked me not to mention it to be fair to the guy. Looks like the guy didn't act professionally and Alan lost his ability to not tell the truth/expose the shit for what it is: shit.

Thread I created after watching video to gain some value from the 20 minutes that I felt violated in having lost: http://forum.diyefi.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2138

Skip to this post if you wish to read what Alan wrote: http://forum.diyefi.org/viewtopic.php?p=34569#p34569

PS, even if it's just because he really is brain-dead, and not dishonest/malicious, this shit is important, and I take it seriously, and he's gunna cause piston-death, and that's not cool. Fuck him with a piece of rusty bird shit gas-less MIG welded RHMT manifold leftovers.

Fred.

NoPistons!

« Reply #96 on: July 15, 2013, 02:41:06 AM »

April 29th was when i was approached with this:  "We do a new gauge for Bpsx D1 and We're going to complete it in recent time. We would like to send you free our new gauge for the inspection and then let us know about its behavior. Our new gauge also will be compatible Innovate's wideband controllers. If you accept us please let us know. Thanks." -direct out of the email i received from them/him.

Still hasn't showed up.   Not that i'm mad.  It looks like shit.

That video was taken down. 

Also noticed the bpsx support forum is gone also.  Seems like some sketch shit going on.  I feel bad for all the miata owners that are buying this.  LC-1 time.....again. 

I can't read JD.  Sowweeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 04:15:01 AM by NoPistons! »

rawr

• Certified OG
« Reply #97 on: July 15, 2013, 09:14:54 AM »

So I was right? lulz

turbohf

• aka: the rHMT Jew
  • Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
« Reply #98 on: July 15, 2013, 04:53:08 PM »

really? fuck. I have one. and only used it for a couple mins....   :?:
Dustin  :Jew:
1987 Buick Regal Limited 6.0L/4L80E (LQ4, 862 heads, tbss intake, 92mm tb, e1841p cam, Holley EFI)
2000 Silverado LS 5.3L Reg Cab Short Bed
1966 Chevy II Nova 400 4dr Sedan V8

'Faster, Faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.'

NoPistons!

« Reply #99 on: July 18, 2013, 12:15:16 AM »

LC-1 on the way.  I had a nice long talk with Rick B. He's making shit right with me. Rest assured he's not out to screw anyone over if that was the basis of everyone getting overly pissed at all this.   Deep down i feel he really cares about the grassroots scene.  You can buy whatever wideband you want.  That's freedom of choice.  You dont like what a company is doing, bitching about it on the internet knowing damn well it will probably take a while for the company to catch wind isn't doing shit.  Above gauge is being redesigned.  That was a prototype.   Email has been changed, servers have been changed and i didn't ask how many people were keeping up with web management but heard what i needed to.  Dude does give a fuck about his customers.

Some yall sound like a bunch of 10 year olds arguing about who saw more side mosquito bite boob than who watching classmates run laps in tank tops.   Want accuracy?  You're going to pay $300-600 for it and i hope you are tuning more cars than just your own to or race professionally to get your moneys worth.  Want something to get by on?  The market is o-plenty with $140-199 widebands.

I'll go put my penis up now before i raw rape your mothers with it dead or alive.  If you haven't tested the shit against another wideband YOU SHUT THE FUCK UP because i promise 9 out of 10 would rather see that data over theoretical vaginal blood.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 01:08:23 AM by NoPistons! »

jabberwock

« Reply #100 on: July 18, 2013, 01:11:34 AM »

Mr Rager

ratcityrex

• I Get Blown Daily
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #101 on: July 18, 2013, 02:11:02 AM »

Well put
New setup is old bottom end with a hype r head with gsr cams. built lsv with hx35 @ 26psi on pump gas
LEED tuned! 434hp/329tq http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pbDXZxZdZs
http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php/topic,16195.0.html

Old Setup B18a1 296hp/289tq LEED Tuned 20psi on pump! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Yj-Z90j4W4   
http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php/topic,205.msg2437.html#msg2437

rawr

• Certified OG
« Reply #102 on: July 18, 2013, 10:01:59 AM »

Ive got a 3458a and a 5520a on my desk that says i dont have to test shit against another wideband. And can give you accurate, absolute numbers at a ratio of waaaay the fuck over 4:1. Testing against another wideband is 1:1 at best with shitfucktons of uncertainty thrown in.

I checked out my lc-1 and it read within spec and with what id feel comfortable with.

I said id cal one for free (300 dollar service atleast for this one off shit) and only minor threat offered to send one but i had to go to texas for 2 weeks when he was going to send it and didnt want to bogart his gear that long.

Ya fuckin renobs

fe3tcourier

« Reply #103 on: July 19, 2013, 09:22:46 AM »

Alan To of 14point7.com fame got an email from our man saying he'd send a fully calibrated ready to roll unit to him to measure and test. Expect results if/when it arrives.

Minor Threat

• Certified OG
« Reply #104 on: July 19, 2013, 08:33:44 PM »

only minor threat offered to send one but i had to go to texas for 2 weeks when he was going to send it and didnt want to bogart his gear that long.

Ya fuckin renobs

I can send you both my VEMS and my 14point7 unit. I just got a set of dual LC1 with my dyno so I don't need either one back ASAP. Pm me your address noggle.
"quotquotand the welds look like a pigeon had 1 too many chili-dogs, whoever built them needs to go throw their tools in the ocean."quotquot

www.facebook.com/enhancedautoperformance

NoPistons!

« Reply #105 on: July 20, 2013, 04:08:38 PM »

MMMMM Data.   

Mr. Rager.  Lmao.   

I have heard good and bad testimony about several different widebands.   We all have.  Sent that out yesterday morning.  Not to completely shit the product down but the LC-1 complete package was a mere $55 more.  You can't beat it for the money i dont think.  Can't say that about the bpsx which was used against the lc-1 in a poorly controlled experiment. THAT is what really pissed me off.  I'm waiting on the cold hard facts and data in detail like everyone else is because i'm pretty sure engine explosion isn't covered under the bpsx warranty.  Video got taken down for a reason.  I'd like to know why.  Either something to hide or innovate is going to break a foot off in dat ass.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 04:19:14 PM by NoPistons! »

Joseph Davis

• Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #106 on: July 27, 2013, 06:08:50 PM »

Some yall sound like a bunch of 10 year olds arguing about who saw more side mosquito bite boob than who watching classmates run laps in tank tops.   Want accuracy?  You're going to pay $300-600 for it and i hope you are tuning more cars than just your own to or race professionally to get your moneys wort.

Because accuracy doesn't matter on your own car, and the time/effort you invested in it.

The tone of your first recent post to this forum was fine, the other two were not.  See also: coherent, logical, technical content.  Watch yourself before your password and recovery email get changed.

NoPistons!

« Reply #107 on: July 27, 2013, 11:58:06 PM »

Oh it definitely mattered when it broke.    Like clockwork.

For the record i DID delete my account and 2 threads.  Someone un-did that and i'm not sure why.  I came back on here looking for email addresses just so if something did fuck up with the controller i picked up and nobody was testing them i could report it and save a few motors/financial headaches because it's wrong NOT to flat out say something about it.

Aint scurred.  Make sure the bus is flat black and does wheelies.    :noel:

Joseph Davis

• Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #108 on: July 28, 2013, 05:57:02 AM »

You need to be aware of who wears the pants in this relationship.   In soviet russia, RHMT deletes you.

Ntrain2k

• Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
    • Zeus E-Juice Premium E-Liquid
« Reply #109 on: July 28, 2013, 02:48:45 PM »

You need to be aware of who wears the pants in this relationship.   In soviet russia, RHMT deletes you.
http://bit.ly/TYRevB  If you vape, you have to try Zeus E-Juice

NoPistons!

« Reply #111 on: July 29, 2013, 02:51:41 PM »

I know you're serious but i laughed my ass off reading that.    Aint no Kevorkian for the wicked....   Fair enough.   Damn sure isn't my house.  I just take a dump in the top tank occasionally to one up the people simply pissing on the seat.  I apologize for that.

fe3tcourier

« Reply #112 on: July 30, 2013, 07:54:09 AM »

You crude piece of scum.

fe3tcourier

« Reply #113 on: July 30, 2013, 07:55:09 AM »

Also, I'm not wearing anything at all, FYI. :-p

fe3tcourier

« Reply #114 on: September 04, 2013, 07:13:51 AM »

Alan's final results available now: http://forum.diyefi.org/viewtopic.php?p=35616#p35616

Yes, it sucks, badly.

Fred.

Joseph Davis

• Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #115 on: September 04, 2013, 01:19:29 PM »

Unsurprising.

NoPistons!

« Reply #116 on: September 04, 2013, 07:24:23 PM »

boom headshot.

Just goes to show you get what you pay for.

I've had friends ask me about it and now i can get back to em with the facts.  thanks.

Joseph Davis

• Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS

PhilStubbs

• Certified OG
  • Teh Secksy.....I has it
obd1>gtgtall

fucking box started smoking and i saw a flame start up so i grabbed a bucket of water and splashed it on the breaker box.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up