:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Build thread database... check it. (link)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: 1988 Nissan 200sx build thread redux  (Read 14230 times)

crxvtec91

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • RIP old hmt. SloS13 for King!!!
Re: 1988 Nissan 200sx build thread redux
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2014, 05:40:57 PM »

Looking great get re done!
My build thread; http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php?topic=2444.0

I like my girls like I like my cars, rich and retarded.

Tim

• Certified OG
« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2014, 09:15:20 PM »

In the mean time until your leaks are fixed, drill a hole in the lowest part of your spare tire well

ironcrx

« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2014, 08:48:20 PM »

I drilled the hole  :P

Forgot to show the cover I did for the shifter tunnel.  Had some lexan laying around and used some plus a generous amount of rtv

It's a cool little window to the rushing road under me.  Still going to be a while before I figure out a shifter boot setup

It's helped some with keeping the exhaust smell out of my car but it's only a minor fix.  Damn poisonous exhaust gases
"quotquotI lost a testical to cancer and I still got more balls than anyone else in the room!"quotquot

92CXyD

• Twincharged Smeghead
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • I look around and all I see is Smegheads
« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2014, 09:22:24 PM »

Awesome  :noel:

Joseph Davis

• Verbal Assault Technician
  • RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • Eugenics prevents retards like widebody93
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2014, 03:48:06 AM »

Needs MOAR boost!

ironcrx

« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2014, 04:49:58 PM »

Replacing transmission now.  I would be done with it but a few hold ups along the way.

A real pain in the ass to get out.

after pulling the drain plug I can see I'm in for a nasty surprise once I open it.

Well then.  Free floating bearing chunks.

That's a shitty failure there.

More bearings were missing in other locations and there was scoring marks EVERYWHERE!  So this transmission was toast and after  dealing with it's shittiness for a while now (and the huge pain it took to remove it) I felt like I need to do something to make myself feel better.

I want to get to boosting this car but life likes to shit on my plans.  It's my DD too and I got laid off last month so funds are not there for getting another car. 

I'm going home to Iceland this month and will be there for a month or two then when I'm back I'll figure out new employment and get things moving.
"quotquotI lost a testical to cancer and I still got more balls than anyone else in the room!"quotquot

Tim

• Certified OG
« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2014, 05:04:55 PM »

Not to be a debby downer, but hopefully you used jack stands before getting under that thing.

Last summer two guys got killed and one put in the hospital in the local 'scene' all from assorted jack mishaps.

This year a friend of mine almost lost a finger and is out of work for a couple months when his jack kicked out while he was sliding a jack stand under the car.
His finger looked like a bloody set of stairs haha. first surgery put a plate in that snapped on the first day of therapy.  Then he had to wait a week before they could go in and replace it and add a second.  It will be a long while before he can use his hand normally again.

ironcrx

« Reply #37 on: July 11, 2014, 02:38:18 AM »

I use lots of jackstands.  I already took out the ones on the side when I had remembered to take a picture.  You'll see one still under the front.  I always make sure there are backups.  I do not want to go out like that.

Tim

• Certified OG
« Reply #38 on: July 13, 2014, 09:53:12 PM »

Good to hear.
Man I'm turning into such a bitch in my old age haha

Rosecitycrx

« Reply #39 on: July 14, 2014, 05:07:11 AM »

S12s are assholes, I'm on my third one and its got just as bad temeperment as the last two. What are you planning to do for turbo manifolds? The 300zx manifolds aren't even close to working without cutting the firewall (I tried)

ironcrx

« Reply #40 on: July 14, 2014, 12:35:20 PM »

S12s are assholes, I'm on my third one and its got just as bad temeperment as the last two. What are you planning to do for turbo manifolds? The 300zx manifolds aren't even close to working without cutting the firewall (I tried)

Taking the stock headers and rotate them 180* so they're upside down.  Build off that. Also theres a distributor on the club-s12 site that sells spacers.  I'm in the process of installing electric cooling fan(slim fan) plus a smaller slim fan to replace the ridiculous stock s12 ac bracket. This clears up a ton of room in the front.  I'll get even more room if I get a smaller radiator to take up space under the front T-bar/hood latch. That's the plan for right now. 

Rosecitycrx

« Reply #41 on: July 14, 2014, 01:07:14 PM »

Oh ok, I did a test fit of the manifolds flipped and I wasn't happy. My buddy is going to be building log manifolds for them soon.

Yeah, replacing both of those factory oversized fans works well. I have a 16" spal hooked up to the factory switch
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up