:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

RHMT DIY Hub Dyno?!?!? check it. (link)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My Turbo GSXR750 Build  (Read 13492 times)

Adam Hopkins

• Peyton Manning
My Turbo GSXR750 Build
« on: March 08, 2009, 02:11:11 PM »

I had a CBR600F4, Wanted a fuel injection bike because I wanted to turbo it. Rick P is a FAG and is making me have to edit this post because he can get any man love in real life so he is bugging AbaZ. Even though Rick is not getting positive attention from Abaz, he will still take negative attention over none. You see this Rick? You fucking suck. Think God I am not Canadian.

Now on to the pics:

This was the bike I originally had, I really hated to see it go because it was so clean.

The intake manifold is 16 gauge sheet aluminum and 16 gauge 2 inch round aluminum

The turbo manifold is made out of 1.5 inch stainless elbows.  I also had to weld the stock header pieces inside the 1.5 pipe so it could bolt to the head. It looked simple to make, but in reality it has been an extremely huge pain in my ass. Every time I would weld on it some it would change the position of the runners. Needless to say I have cut and welded this maniflold a ton

This is the oil drain where the pump will be going.

This is a walbro 255 inline pump, I have gutted the stock fuel pump and have installed the brackets back in the tank so that I do not have a low fuel light on all the time. I will be switching the FMU in the pictures for a BEGI fmu I purchased from a member on here(if I ever get the replacement spring and shims in the mail). The BEGI FMU is adjustable so I can "fine tune" the bike a little more. You also like my temporary fuel tank for testing purposes dont ya.

I made my bike a return style fuel system.

My aluminum piping is paired with some of Chinas finest BOV.

This is the piggy back I will be using on the bike. It is basically the same as a power commander but it can also adjust timing. Most bike turbo kits just use the FMU to control fuel under boost and you use the Yoshi box to control fuel in part throttle and to make ignition adjustments. These motors are high compression but you do not have to retard timing until you want to go over 7 or 8 psi

I will be putting the fairings on when I finish fab work but I will have to cut them for exhaust and airfilter.

Thanks for looking
« Last Edit: March 19, 2009, 11:39:51 PM by Adam Hopkins »

SDRAWKCAB

• D series BALLA!
  • Certified OG
  • Rhino
Re: My Turbo GSXR750 Build
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2009, 12:54:09 AM »

Sex!
I have sex like a winning race car.
I always finish first and have left many disappointed.

colt45

• Mista Pimpsta
  • RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2009, 03:01:10 AM »

very nice

turbo4life

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • trying to get a college education.
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2009, 03:14:35 AM »

so you say you dont need to retard timing unitl you get up to those high numbers?? wow thats insane  must  a really good cooling on the combuthion champer piston, chamber diesign ect. i see all these small motor running buch of boost! and high c/r too!!
ILL KEEP MY GUNS, FREEDOM &ampamp MONEY....YOU CAN KEEP THE "quotquotCHANGE"quotquot

NO BOOSTED RIDES!! dont drive a honda no mo!!!! miss that shit!!!

Annihilator

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2009, 04:56:22 AM »

very cool setup.  I'll have to show my roommate this thread so maybe he can do the same to his 750...fat chance haha

Definitely keep this one updated.  Maybe someday Ill turbo my 250 for the hell of it.  ;)  it'd need a tiny turbo though haha

Adam Hopkins

• Peyton Manning
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2009, 01:53:49 AM »

so you say you dont need to retard timing unitl you get up to those high numbers?? wow thats insane  must  a really good cooling on the combuthion champer piston, chamber diesign ect. i see all these small motor running buch of boost! and high c/r too!!

Yea, you do not really have to retard timing. I did just to be safe and pulled 1 degree per PSI. There are several factors that make the bike not want to detonate.
1. Big bore and short stroke
2. Extremely efficient combustion chamber/ cylinder head
3. Extremely high RPM, The fuel does not have enough time to detonate before the spark hits it.

I took this to the dyno several months ago and got 163 out of 3 PSI. I had some internal wastegate issues that would not let me make more than that. When tuning season/ School slows down for me I will finish the new setup and update this thread.

If anyone has any questions about boosting a bike feel free to ask.

I have since bought a gt25r turbo to put on it and try to keep the boost up a little more

lilpooh21186

• Certified OG
  • B16 Short strokes but holds a high note
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2009, 01:59:54 AM »

that got to be a scary ride is it going to be intercooled
Ecu chipping
basmaps
tuning Dyno/street pm for details
Neptune Dealer PM for RTP details

Adam Hopkins

• Peyton Manning