:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

RHMT DIY Hub Dyno?!?!? check it. (link)

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Down

Author Topic: turd40 gone, cocaine and hookers 5.3 luxury barge underway  (Read 67175 times)

HiProfile

• Certified OG
  • Injector Kingpin
Re: Snapped timing belt pg 8. Quest to up the boost begins this month.
« Reply #240 on: March 07, 2014, 08:43:44 PM »

The white shit looks like burning deposits. I've only seen that in engines that burn massive amounts of oil or suck & burn coolant.
they mspainted dildoes in my mom'#039#039s hand, in a picture of her in a hospital bed. -JD
dem gurls need some boobz! -Engloid

NoPistons!

« Reply #241 on: March 24, 2014, 10:53:21 PM »

Block/heads are sealed up fine.  I do leak oil but it's not into the heads...might have been.  I think those heads i didn't repleace the valve stem seals on.  After i rebuilt the top end with no retune it was so much better.  Faster.  I'm a conservative 11.5 afr at full boost THe timing i'm running seemed ok for 12.5 but i bumped the reg and ve a little until i can build a real knock sensor/listener. 

STill a hiccup around 2400-2500 i'm trying to fix with more timing/less fuel/whatevers.  Haven't been bringing my laptop with me the past few days to actually fix it...

Sometimes when it's stupid cold out it smokes like hell from the downpipe but it's a white smoke, doesn't smell like anything but exhaust.  Turbo doesn't leak.  Oil pressure gauge works.  At first start up i'm seeing 60 psi,  cruising something like 45-50.  I dont look at shit but the road and GLANCE at wideband during wot....which still feels a bit slow.  First gear sucks ass.  Sometimes it's on point.  Sometimes it wants to sputter and takes more rpm to hit boost.  2nd boosts well.  3rd is amazing.  4th is ok.  5th is good for highway driving.  I never need to downshift to pass unless someone tries me thinking my ugly ass car is na-ka24de still.  Damn sure aint an sr.  They are quick but the sound and response just isn't there on larger turbos.   VG30 double penetrates the sr so deep the ca18 can feel it.  The power is usually there when i need it in the tuning i've done thus far.  Just need to work on the off boost timing and ve a little.  She can stand to be leaner/more aggressive from what friends are telling me that mess with these engines.

Downpipe, turbo and manifold is now carbon black inside.  Not white anymore.  Not sure what was wrong before but i think it's been fixed.  I hope anyway.....  I lost my cell phone (then ran out of gas after a pull in boost the same evening pissed off because i couldn't find my phone) so updates will be whenever i guess.  Still nothing worth posting about other than i am driving it and loving it.  Full boost (10 psi, bumping it soon) at 3300 rpm is fucking beautiful.   Lag?  Lol.  What lag? 
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 11:08:33 PM by NoPistons! »

ratcityrex

• I Get Blown Daily
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #242 on: March 25, 2014, 12:28:38 AM »

Good to hear. Keep ironing it out and it will be beaster!
New setup is old bottom end with a hype r head with gsr cams. built lsv with hx35 @ 26psi on pump gas
LEED tuned! 434hp/329tq http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pbDXZxZdZs
http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php/topic,16195.0.html

Old Setup B18a1 296hp/289tq LEED Tuned 20psi on pump! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Yj-Z90j4W4   
http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php/topic,205.msg2437.html#msg2437

NoPistons!

« Reply #243 on: March 28, 2014, 08:40:17 PM »

Tuning is hard.....  My laptop shit the bed yesterday and was fucking off the day before but i'm on it now. 

Mostly i'm concerned about my front wheel bearings, getting an alignment, suspension, suspension, suspension.  I cant run the camber curve i like for obvious reasons.   Camber and caster has an effect on how my car tracks through a corner steering left to go right or vice versa.   CUrrently i'm set up for DD/GRIP/DONT DIE and i can't hit boost in the rain even in 5th or the car steps out....  Horseshit.

92CXyD

• Twincharged Smeghead
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • I look around and all I see is Smegheads
« Reply #244 on: February 04, 2016, 12:43:40 AM »

Any more updates?

NoPistons!

« Reply #245 on: July 04, 2016, 12:45:48 AM »

Well.....

Made 20 psi after running a stupid tiny plug gap (.18" or something like that, i forget) maxing out the map sensor, added timing but still stayed conservative on the afr's, added wd21 intake manifold....dipshit friend wrecked it.  I fixed it.  Lost motivation.   Car has been through 4 owners since myself.  2 of which were stupid as fuck and bothered me on facebook til i blocked them then got butthurt and told locals i'm "mean" and an "asshole" (which is true).  Then a welder/tuner got ahold of it and made it great again and recently sold it.   So it's running around midstate NC somewhere......

Currently renting a vq35de powered s14 240sx from a friend.  The engine and trans goes to him, i'm buying the shell to put whatever in i guess....  God bless him.  I'd be walking to work otherwise....   Currently i have his ms1 v2.2 in my care.  I'm going to fit it for a single cam ka in his hardbody pickup.  As soon as the car below runs the engine comes out of the s14 to go into the truck.

Current car is a 1998 Lexus GS300.   2jz is headless at the moment.  I got douped again with a shitbox car.  Interior is in pretty good shape.  Needs exterior work.  Fenders, hood, windshield.  Coilovers were fucked up front but D2 does sell replacement parts and 326power sells springs in the rates i need for the driving i do.  I pulled the abs pump in favor of a manual booster.  Diff will get welded when i have time.  Trying to do it on a budget but still have it be cool/reliable.  Street car.  Full interior.  Look nice.  Make spool and flutter noise.  Luxury.  Cigars.  Hookers.  Cocaine.  All that good shit.

Meh....that's about it.   

ratcityrex

• I Get Blown Daily
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #246 on: July 05, 2016, 11:49:32 PM »

Nice!! Excited to see the lex
New setup is old bottom end with a hype r head with gsr cams. built lsv with hx35 @ 26psi on pump gas

Old Setup B18a1 296hp/289tq LEED Tuned 20psi on pump! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Yj-Z90j4W4   

NoPistons!

« Reply #247 on: July 26, 2016, 01:54:16 PM »

I'll do a photodump soon.  Finally got a new phone.   

Um, i took the 2jz and cleaned it up to really dive into how bad it is a couple weeks back.  The cylinder head is indeed warped.  My .015" feeler is tight on the ends, hotdog down a hallway in the middle.   Bores are scuffed and glazed pretty rough too.  This thing was abused, probably slack oil changes....  Sad really.  Poor 2j.   Tearing it down to shelf up for later.  Maybe i'll come across a 1st gen 2jzge motor.  You know?  The ones with the distributor and none of the vtec so i can actually tune the thing on a cheaper ms2.  I was mad too considering guy who helped build my buds 5.3-t s13 was selling a manifold and t70 for a super low low low price.

Last weekend, buddy who owns said 5.3t s13 got his car back from the shop.  Told me they test drove a  cam/tune/BW s471 or whatever catfish camaro on low boost (14psi) and it picks the front wheels up off the ground hard.   I said "fuck this shit" and we drove to BFE to pick up a mostly complete and running 5.3 engine for the lexus.  I need some more parts to make it whole (throttle body, some brackets, starter, belts, fuel rail crossover, etc) but for $300 i'm not going to bitch.  The rest i can probably get for next to free at a U-pull.   Power per dollar plus stupid fucking reliable.   i cannot beat the GM v8.  Period.  I will have working AC and power steering as well.

***Cliffs*****

*2jz is dead
*Potato v8 engine going into lexus because i want to have my cake and eat it in fucking luxury.
*Pics whenever i work on the cars next

turbohf

• aka: the rHMT Jew
  • Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
Re: turd40 gone, cocaine and hookers 5.3 luxury barge underway
« Reply #248 on: July 26, 2016, 08:10:26 PM »

problems with stock motor? just drop a small block in it  :o ::)  lol

seriously tho, im in. post pics!!!

just thinking, buddy picked up a GS400. told him to throw his procharger on it, blow it up so we can put a 6.0 in it and have fun lol. he will probably do neither.  :'(
Dustin  :Jew:
1987 Buick Regal Limited 6.0L/4L80E (LQ4, 862 heads, tbss intake, 92mm tb, e1841p cam, Holley EFI)
2000 Silverado LS 5.3L Reg Cab Short Bed
1966 Chevy II Nova 400 4dr Sedan V8

'Faster, Faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.'

crxvtec91

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • RIP old hmt. SloS13 for King!!!
« Reply #249 on: July 28, 2016, 10:27:17 PM »

Pic!
My build thread; http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php?topic=2444.0

I like my girls like I like my cars, rich and retarded.

NoPistons!

« Reply #250 on: August 07, 2016, 09:26:21 PM »

problems with stock motor? just drop a small block in it  :o ::)  lol

seriously tho, im in. post pics!!!

just thinking, buddy picked up a GS400. told him to throw his procharger on it, blow it up so we can put a 6.0 in it and have fun lol. he will probably do neither.  :'(

The 1uz is actually a quite capable motor.  few bellhousing adapter kits available now then again the boost logic trans is only $2300 shipped and many claim it's good for 9 second full weight supras.

Plenty pushing 700+rwhp out there.

NoPistons!

« Reply #251 on: August 15, 2016, 04:02:33 AM »

Not much done.  Got the 2j and auto gearbox out.  Looking for a th400 or th350 now.  We think that's our best bet at doing this on a budget and making the car do a little bit of everything.  Will suck at at 3150rpm 55mph cruise but if that's the worst of it, oh well.  Mainly i want to be able to manually shift it without breaking shit downshifting or using engine braking.  Been reading the reverse manual valve body doesn't like to be downshifted but forward manual valve body can take all the fuckery you can throw at it if you keep the heat down.  some of y'all would know a hell of a lot more than me when it comes to gm autos.  PM me if you feel like dropping free wisdom.  Drag, dd, drift, twisty backroads.  I wanna be able to do all of those things with a smile.  th350/400 is about as much as my budget allows. 

I've been out the photo posting forum shit for some time now.  BESIDES imageshack and photobucket, what's a good hosting site?  Got pics all the way from day 1 to pulling the motor last weekend.   

Ntrain2k

• Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
    • Zeus E-Juice Premium E-Liquid
« Reply #252 on: August 15, 2016, 06:06:52 AM »

http://bit.ly/TYRevB  If you vape, you have to try Zeus E-Juice

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
« Reply #253 on: August 15, 2016, 02:43:06 PM »

most people say to go with the TH400. really the will probably cost you the same. i found mine for 100bucks. think AJ and Steve paid the same for theres. you probably want to get one from a car and not a truck, as they have a bolt on yoke. but still easy to buy conversion yoke.

here is a basically FREE mod/trans kit setup. dude that posted it is from Jake's transmission. he is pretty good at what he does. http://www.nastyz28.com/forum/showthread.php?t=131600
couple video series on youtube showing the full teardown and assy of the 400 also. i can dig up links if you would like.

its all pretty easy. and i have never taken an auto trans apart before. and if you do all the stuff outlined in Jakes post it will have a manual 1-2 operation with 3rd being full auto function. so you drop it into 1st or 2nd with your shifter she will rev out till engine parts cover the road.  :noel:  or you can shift it up to next gear manually  ::)

thats what i have done for my TH400 for my Nova.
1987 Buick Regal Limited 6.0L/4L80E (LQ4, 862 heads, tbss intake, 92mm tb, e1841p cam, Holley EFI)

crxvtec91

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • RIP old hmt. SloS13 for King!!!
« Reply #254 on: August 17, 2016, 08:40:22 PM »

I paid 100 for mine. Thanks for the link I need to do this!
My build thread; http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php?topic=2444.0

I like my girls like I like my cars, rich and retarded.

ratcityrex

• I Get Blown Daily
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #255 on: August 18, 2016, 04:12:21 PM »

I paid noting for my th400. It was sitting under the bench at my dad's house for the last 28 years full of fluid. Pulled it out, drained the fluid out of the tails haft and all over my legs and feet(because who really stores a transmission with fluid in it)

turbohf

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
« Reply #256 on: August 18, 2016, 10:36:05 PM »

i think every engine i have bought with an oil pan bolted to it has had at least 4qt of oil in it...

92CXyD

• Twincharged Smeghead
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • I look around and all I see is Smegheads
« Reply #257 on: August 19, 2016, 11:39:04 AM »

I paid noting for my th400. It was sitting under the bench at my dad's house for the last 28 years full of fluid. Pulled it out, drained the fluid out of the tails haft and all over my legs and feet(because who really stores a transmission with fluid in it)

LOL you got 28yr old all down your leg :P

NoPistons!

« Reply #258 on: May 25, 2018, 11:56:25 AM »

not dead.   ended up getting a new job forging billet brass shit and they work me 6 days a week.  pew ban scare also stole all my project car money.  ill discusd those toys elsewhere. 

anywho last thing i got for this was a front sump trapdoor pan and oil filter relocation kit.  been helping my buddy out tubing and grafting irs under a microsquirt powred nissan hardbody.

about the same time the truck showed up here i picked up an eg sedan.  the 240 needs an overhaul and i needed a lowkey bone stock gas saver.  240 is going into hiding to get the 350z swap yanked so i can vg30 turbo it with more class than my old shitbox.

lexus will probably ignore everyones advice including my own and run a t5....  still waiting on a cheap front set of 240 coils and a bender so i can make the control arms.  ill be back eventually.  right now im getting my shtf game up and trying to catch up at work so we dont lose contracts/customers. 

cheers fuckers.  missed ya.  *blows kisses*
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Up