:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

GET YOUR OFFICIAL REALHOMEMADETURBO.COM STICKERS! (link)

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: turd40 gone, cocaine and hookers 5.3 luxury barge underway  (Read 67894 times)

Tim

• Certified OG
Re: s13 build. Pile of shit runs. Shitty vid clip page 6
« Reply #180 on: September 03, 2013, 02:21:54 PM »

I know jack and shit about megasquirt*

Does megasquirt have a serial logging option, or is it only through an analog input?
Try to set it up serial and eliminate all confusion

Otherwise you have to match analog output settings to scaling settings in your software, and make sure your ground is proper or you will get this type of behavior.

This is a common issue with Hondas using ectune/Crome etc when people do not ground their Ecu or wideband properly, or have something noisy grounded with either Ecu or wideband

NoPistons!

« Reply #181 on: September 03, 2013, 02:58:28 PM »

Your first question i do not have the answer to entirely.

There is a pin on the ms harness db37 connector for analog input.   It's very possible i'm having ground interference. All ecu sensors are grounded to the same spot.  MS itself is grounded to another spot.  It could be a settings issue also. 

Good place to start troubleshooting.  Thank you.

NoPistons!

« Reply #182 on: September 04, 2013, 12:56:18 AM »

Ps issues fixed.  Yay.  Lets go for a drive. 

lets go for a drive.  Power steering works. Wastegate is hooked up but not super tight.  In boost!  She could have some more timing and less fuel in some areas of the ve table.   Just hit boost once or twice up to 5500 and let off.  Built about 3-4 psi, dont want to hook my bov off because it sounds cooler but if i'm going to keep this up it'd be a good idea to stop stalling the wheel on purpose.

No dirty thirds.  Just a few pulls.  I need a full tank and fixing some rich spots because still getting rat tat tats. down low.  I didn't run enough into it to kill anything i hope.  Compression test tomorrow and check plugs.  Timing conservative and afrs mid 12's. 

Playing "just the tip" have my hands shaking still. 

edit/update:  stayed up late last night, woke up late this afternoon.  My car wont turn for shit so i really need to raise it a little and also adjust my caster/tension rods so my tires aren't hitting the back of the wheel well.  *sigh* good times.  Also found out i had my stoich afr setting off in my megasquirt.  What the computer sees and what my wideband sees may be varying over that.   I double checked my grounds and all is well.  I noticed no change when grounding the wideband to the block, to the chassis or with all the other sensor grounds.   Not getting in the car again for pulls til my power windows work.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 12:13:58 AM by NoPistons! »

NoPistons!

« Reply #183 on: September 13, 2013, 05:52:33 PM »

Ok, so my super 60 ching chong meow when i pulled it off from running it anyway with bad play in it didn't damage the wheels.  I may keep it and do some work to it as in the other thread i have up.

Power windows, interior lights and sunroof now work.   .57 trim with warranty now on the way.  Flossin'   :noel:

ratcityrex

• I Get Blown Daily
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #184 on: September 13, 2013, 10:10:42 PM »

So no holset then?
New setup is old bottom end with a hype r head with gsr cams. built lsv with hx35 @ 26psi on pump gas
LEED tuned! 434hp/329tq http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pbDXZxZdZs
http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php/topic,16195.0.html

Old Setup B18a1 296hp/289tq LEED Tuned 20psi on pump! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Yj-Z90j4W4   
http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php/topic,205.msg2437.html#msg2437

NoPistons!

« Reply #185 on: September 16, 2013, 01:56:11 AM »

Not any time soon unfortunately.  I couldn't push enough parts to raise the funds to do it in a timely manner.

This company i ordered from is on some next level shit.  I'm stoked.  More on that later though.

crxvtec91

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • RIP old hmt. SloS13 for King!!!
« Reply #186 on: September 16, 2013, 11:22:44 AM »

DO WORK!
My build thread; http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php?topic=2444.0

I like my girls like I like my cars, rich and retarded.

NoPistons!

« Reply #187 on: September 21, 2013, 03:09:05 AM »

Turbo arrived.  ran out of daylight before i could prep for a run.  Oil drain isn't on yet and i haven't fixed my oil gauge/turbo feed T or done the needed fender surgery yet.  It's got 12 gallons of 93 in it meow and fresh rotella, granted i probably could have put 87 in the bitch and gotten away with it.  Can't use all the boost.   ::)

Break in procedure instructions......

4500 rpm at low boost for first 500 miles

*check turbo*

Full rev range at NORMAL driving at wastegate pressure (assuming 7-10 psi?) for another 1500

*check turbo again*

Anal rape blat blat pew pew with all teh boostz at the 2000 mile mark

*check again*

More anal rape

I got the job so daily driving 32 miles back and fourth to work every day should get me somewhere.  Either back on jackstands or very well tuned....  Phone wouldn't upload anything but i'll be on it tomorrow morning tiding up.

NoPistons!

« Reply #188 on: September 22, 2013, 10:00:36 PM »

Whole bottom of car ripped out. 

I reconfigured my oil feed T and still no pressure at gauge.  I gave a very light rev while looking at the gauge and stopped.  Tried bleeding it while cranking, stopped, unplugged everything and watched for puddle while cranking, stopped...

Oil in filter is clean, oil i drained was filthy.....   Engine SEEMS ok with this for now.  Dropping pan when i have a moment.  I had a massive headache today and did as much as i could.  I'll be back with the results later.  Getting another engine isn't a problem.  The events surrounding this are going to be a problem though.  Boo-hoo.  Back to work!

ratcityrex

• I Get Blown Daily
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #189 on: September 27, 2013, 12:55:50 AM »

Man, you never get a break.
New setup is old bottom end with a hype r head with gsr cams. built lsv with hx35 @ 26psi on pump gas
LEED tuned! 434hp/329tq http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pbDXZxZdZs
http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php/topic,16195.0.html

Old Setup B18a1 296hp/289tq LEED Tuned 20psi on pump! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Yj-Z90j4W4   
http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php/topic,205.msg2437.html#msg2437

NoPistons!

« Reply #190 on: September 27, 2013, 07:32:46 PM »

Dropped pan, dug around in the sending port with a zip tie, found nothing gross.  Oh and my pickup tube was subbed in 1.5" of oil.  I extended it another 1" anyway.   Screen had some shit on it so i inspected the pan for shavings, found none put the pan back on, started the car, waited about 20 seconds, no oil from sending unit port still.

I put the swap up for sale to deter me from unplugging the wastegate and doing some final rippers. Trust me, it was the first thing that came to mind which is why i test fired on jacks so i couldn't get mad and blow it up the right way.   Last ditch effort to see if i can get some oil to a gauge/my turbo is to try a filter sandwich plate

NoPistons!

« Reply #191 on: September 30, 2013, 05:40:56 PM »

Actually, i believe it's new longblock time. 

I do have a spare oil pump.  I jsut tore it down to inspect clearance and it's good.   Teeth look good, everything nice.

It's pointless to put it on.

Engine runs stupid lean now.  Backfires alot, white smoke from exhaust.  Head gasket or rings or both are probably done from lack of oil pressure.  Motherfuck.  It's not the money issue, it's the time issue that's got me vexed.

crxvtec91

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #192 on: October 01, 2013, 08:53:46 AM »

I would just slap it back together and go do some rippers.

I lost my oil pump on a pass, shut down and may have saved the motor. If its done im raise the boost and let it go with style :evil:

Ntrain2k

• Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
    • Zeus E-Juice Premium E-Liquid
« Reply #193 on: October 01, 2013, 06:14:57 PM »

I would just slap it back together and go do some rippers.

I lost my oil pump on a pass, shut down and may have saved the motor. If its done im raise the boost and let it go with style :evil:

It's begging for the spray!
http://bit.ly/TYRevB  If you vape, you have to try Zeus E-Juice

NoPistons!

« Reply #194 on: October 05, 2013, 12:31:50 PM »

Well homies, here's the verdict on the compression test:

Passenger side
1-180
3-150
5-145

Drivers side
2-175
4-160
6-175

All 6 spark plugs show no sign of det, just are black as shit from over-rich conditions.   What do you think?  Replace head gaskets (cylinder 3 and 5 having low numbers leads me to be suspect i may have damaged one) and investgate oil pump?  I got the crane in front of the car now.   It's too much of a pain to pull the mani and drop the pan with it still in.

Head gasket would coincide with my coolant temps fine and steady with no air bubbles at 182* idling for as long as i like to barely being able to hold idle going blat blat pew pew with funky ass lean afr (steam cleaning two cylinders maybe?) and my radiator pressure raising up high enough to start using the overflow within 15-20 seconds.

Vs bumping my thread i'll just add an update here:

I've got just about everything disconnected ready to come out aside from the mounts and shifter.  It's kinda hot today so i've been drinking 32 ounces of water every 2 hours or so for sweet, sweet electrolytes.  Pandora going on shuffle so on and so fourth.  Prolly wont get to pull the heads today.   Mine doesn't feel too great when i'm in the sun sweating with my arms over my head for lengthy periods of time.  It's ok tho.  I got my compression numbers, know i need to check my oil pump as soon as it's away from the block and these mysteries will be solved.   I have a friend who's helping me find a guy machine my block if it indeed blew the gasket out between cylinder 3 and 5.   

I MAY be on 2 day on 2 day off 12 hour work day for a total of 48-52 hours per week hopefully.  Spring time i'm trying to get into some classes.  my brother told me the instructor is a dick so just put up with his shit and get the certificates.   
« Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 03:26:19 PM by NoPistons! »

Ntrain2k

• Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
    • Zeus E-Juice Premium E-Liquid
« Reply #195 on: October 06, 2013, 05:04:04 PM »

I'd copper spray some HG's and throw those bitches on there.
http://bit.ly/TYRevB  If you vape, you have to try Zeus E-Juice

NoPistons!

« Reply #196 on: October 07, 2013, 01:16:39 AM »

Yeah.  That'd be the plan. Not sure if i used my good ol copper spray on when i rebuilt it or not.  Will be using it this time though!nNext day off i'll do some more showing and less telling.   People stop jerking me off and buy my parts i can make shit happen faster.

Edit:   MLS gaskets for my motor cost $350 shipped.  No reach around included.  Graphite with copper spray it is!
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 01:26:40 AM by NoPistons! »

crxvtec91

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #197 on: October 07, 2013, 09:16:09 AM »

$350 for some hg :-X

NoPistons!

« Reply #198 on: October 07, 2013, 10:43:09 PM »

The fuck i wouldn't either.....

You're either rich or are trying to daily drive an 800-900whp engine like an asshole everywhere you go.

NoPistons!

« Reply #199 on: October 12, 2013, 09:08:44 PM »

So i tore this cunt apart today.....   Still didn't pinpoint the actual problem but got a good look at just about everything.  No metal shavings, light pitting on piston 3.  Ringlands all good.  Rings good.  Pistons slap like fuck.  Some weird wear patterns on the bearings but no shavings so whatever. Lets reuse all that shit.

Anyway, less bullshit and onto the pictures and half asleep/inebriated video commentary towards the end.

Clutch looked really good.  Some glazing from learning how to not stall (60 second learning curve over stock clutch) probably.

Threw her on the stand yesterday after work.

Started teardown today.

Clean under the covers.

You can also only go so high on the lift with the cams due to them sliding into the cylinder head instead of bolting down with caps.  It's alright.  With 270's i think power falls off close to 7k and that's on stock ports with no mention of which intake verbatim from some shit i heard someone say somewhere.  These are NOT rev happy motors.  Get something else or spend $3000 extra if you want to rev higher than 7k with more than a half inch of lift.  Who needs that much lift?

Oil drain flopped down after i drained the oil already and pissed a nice puddle.  Whatever.  Lets pull the heads.

Filthy but wiped clean without issue.   Bores were ok.  No cracks in the water jacket.  It rained and filled that cylinder with water while the motor was sitting on a tire in a driveway under a holy tarp with the plugs removed.  Dont be alarmed.

Head gaskets are FINE.     Middle finger pointing between 5 and 3.  My suspect blowout.  Was disappointed yet happy at the same time.  I can PROBABLY get away with re-using them too!  Lol.  Heads came clean off the block as expected. 

Here's the area where i found pitting/signs of det on cylinder 3. Camera didn't pick it up.  I pulled all six slugs since 3 and 5 were low on compression according to the dry comp test.   

All bearings look like this.  Crank looks fine.

Lets go digging some more!  Fucking cunt motor is cunt.

As i figured, we'll do the copper headgasket spray on new head gaskets.  I'll replace the cam seals again and the front main again even though they might not need it.

My last turbo was fucked up when i got it.  My new turbo has a little bit of end play.  I was hoping i could get by with idle and light revs but nope.  Will just rebuild it.  No big deal.   

Clawing your way through a brick wall is HARD.

« Last Edit: October 12, 2013, 10:00:40 PM by NoPistons! »

turbohf

• aka: the rHMT Jew
  • Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
Re: Shitty nissan can't lube itself let alone my butthole before rape. Pg7
« Reply #200 on: October 12, 2013, 11:43:57 PM »

fuck, this car is just fighting? i would say dont give up, but sounds like a bitch.
Dustin  :Jew:
1987 Buick Regal Limited 6.0L/4L80E (LQ4, 862 heads, tbss intake, 92mm tb, e1841p cam, Holley EFI)
2000 Silverado LS 5.3L Reg Cab Short Bed
1966 Chevy II Nova 400 4dr Sedan V8

'Faster, Faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.'

NoPistons!

« Reply #201 on: October 13, 2013, 12:44:35 PM »

I'd have no respect for myself or the people that pushed me to get this shit done if i just gave up.

Car is cursed.  Good thing i'm like "fuck curses, you're my bitch now."

crxvtec91

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #202 on: October 14, 2013, 11:08:21 AM »

HG are part of the reason you have low comp, slap a n/a header and rip that bitch to seat the rings.

NoPistons!

« Reply #203 on: October 14, 2013, 04:43:50 PM »

Explain about the HG's.

N/A?   Bahahahahaha. Filter sammich plate or i'll be drilling and tapping the oil filter pedestal.   Boost or GET THE FUCK OUT needs to be the law on this forum.  Period.  For seat time and driving purposes i would agree with you but i built this thing for boost.  I'm tired of having underpowered boring ass cars.

92CXyD

• Twincharged Smeghead
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • I look around and all I see is Smegheads
« Reply #204 on: October 14, 2013, 05:06:02 PM »

Explain about the HG's.

N/A?   Bahahahahaha. Filter sammich plate or i'll be drilling and tapping the oil filter pedestal.   Boost or GET THE FUCK OUT needs to be the law on this forum.  Period.  For seat time and driving purposes i would agree with you but i built this thing for boost.  I'm tired of having underpowered boring ass cars.

Spoken like true RHMT NOG!!!!!!  O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 :noel: :noel: :noel: :noel: :noel:

NoPistons!

« Reply #205 on: October 14, 2013, 06:20:26 PM »

What can i say?  Boost is beautiful.

Joseph Davis

• Verbal Assault Technician
  • RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • Eugenics prevents retards like widebody93
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #206 on: October 16, 2013, 12:46:21 PM »

My voltage readings/lambda the megasquirt gives out on it's gauge is all over the place and reads richer than the motor actually is so when autotuning the ve table leans

What wideband?  There is no way in fuck I'm reading this seventeen page fail thread to figure that out.

Joseph Davis

• Verbal Assault Technician
  • RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • Eugenics prevents retards like widebody93
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #207 on: October 16, 2013, 12:47:54 PM »

No one wants to sift through seven pages of tranny porn and rage quits.

NoPistons!

« Reply #208 on: October 16, 2013, 07:12:32 PM »

All them girls are genetic girls who never had penises.  Well, the could have but i can't tell.  Deal with it.

Also, rage quitting would be inherently STUPID given everything is set up around this motor already. 

Finish it then move on.  Not before.  I'll be buying rb20 parts here and there anyway for another project.  One was SUPPOSED to go into my rx7 but i got talked into this shit instead.  Lol.

LC1 wideband.  Bosch 5 wire sensor.

I put the short block back together after work. Yesterday.  Just reused the bearings.   Couldn't re-use the headgasket.  I was wiping them clean and pulled the metal away from the graphite on the block.  I'll try to have the heads back on friday (PAYDAY) hopefully.  Depending on how much i made i might just get that sammich plate and a rebuild kit for the not so ching chong spinneroonie thingy.  Happy?
« Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 07:42:58 PM by NoPistons! »

NoPistons!

« Reply #209 on: October 16, 2013, 07:47:52 PM »

Some of the pics i've put on this website make me wonder what the fuck is wrong with humanity.

Clearly that's shit on her clothes but there's doll feet in pussy so it classifies as porn.   :?:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Up