:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BDVT's BroDozzer gets compound twin turbos!... (link)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Power locks on my Del Slo  (Read 2545 times)

HiProfile

• Certified OG
  • Injector Kingpin
Power locks on my Del Slo
« on: April 21, 2009, 02:29:34 AM »

I'm curious if anyone has used OEM lock actuators from one car make on another. I'm going to give it a shot soon.

Should I tie it in like an aftermarket actuator, or do most OEM lock assemblies have provisions (spare pin) for stock actuators? My main problem will probably be the amount of throw - the stock actuator will only move a rod 3/16" either way unless modded. How much is usually needed?

I know I can plunk down a lot for an all-OEM setup, spend $10 on ebay for shit quality junk ...or use the lock motors that I pulled from my old '90 LX. Its really only going to be used for the alarm's keyless entry feature, not because I want to be some pimp. Its also a POS if not for the stock b16a3.
they mspainted dildoes in my mom'#039#039s hand, in a picture of her in a hospital bed. -JD
dem gurls need some boobz! -Engloid

ApexSilver06MR

• RealHomeMadeTurbo's "pee wee"
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • RealHomeMadeTurbo Resident Cocksmith!
Re: Power locks on my Del Slo
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2009, 11:22:33 AM »

let me remind you guys that im not only a locksmith, i closed down my audio shop 4 years ago.  dont use those cheap ass actuators, youre better getting a pair off of ebay for $10 shipped.  Honda factory actuators actually strip out over time. 

i may have a set of 2 actuators i can send you for $17 shipped with 2 spdt relays.  Let me know. 
pee wee for the size of my p..........

Nor*Cal Spoolin'#039#039 Nig Nog

turbohf

• aka: the rHMT Jew
  • Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2009, 12:11:52 PM »

i sell lots of Genuine Honda actuators :yes:
Dustin  :Jew:
1987 Buick Regal Limited 6.0L/4L80E (LQ4, 862 heads, tbss intake, 92mm tb, e1841p cam, Holley EFI)
2000 Silverado LS 5.3L Reg Cab Short Bed
1966 Chevy II Nova 400 4dr Sedan V8

'Faster, Faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.'

michigan_soler

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2009, 12:23:27 PM »

just go to the junk yard, get some off a ford or something...  then you gotta mount them where ever....

HiProfile

• Certified OG
  • Injector Kingpin
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2009, 12:37:39 PM »

I'm curious about the stock units dying. I've had 3 Hondas with power locks so far, 90' & '91 LX, '95 EX. That makes 10 old actuators that never shat on me. I would expect cheap ebay units to be worse.

The other problem is none of the local yards let you pull your own shit. If they offer you more than half the dealer price, its probably broken.

The thing is I don't plan on having this car for more than a year, 1.5 tops. Its just my beater when my turbo EX is down. The Sol is rusted & dented to hell, so I want to swap the motor to another shell next year.
they mspainted dildoes in my mom'#039#039s hand, in a picture of her in a hospital bed. -JD
dem gurls need some boobz! -Engloid

Loserkidwac

• Certified OG
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2009, 10:56:01 AM »

I was looking to do this upgrade on my sol...I had the whole door lock assembly from a DA integre put the 2 next to each other and they are only slightly different...I am gonna try and get some from an EG at the yard to see if they will work...but you can just bolt the actuator on to the bottom of the lock assembly in the door, run the wires and it should work like stock...

From the DA I pulled out a control box for the system too so if you want them to work like stock you may need it, not 100% sure...since the sol is small I was just put on switch on the center consul for both doors...the sols did come stock from honda with power locks in the later years so you could probably get oem stuff still if you are a balla lol
2002 BMW 530i Sport
1992 Mazda Miata
1998 K2500 454

ApexSilver06MR

• RealHomeMadeTurbo's "pee wee"
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • RealHomeMadeTurbo Resident Cocksmith!
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2009, 11:49:44 AM »

too much work.  i use dei actuators and my shizzle always works fine. 
pee wee for the size of my p..........

Nor*Cal Spoolin'#039#039 Nig Nog

B16Drag

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2009, 02:26:58 AM »

Get the cheap ebay ones.  I've used them for the last 7-8 years without one dying on me.  Once every few years the lil hex bolt holding the rod gets slightly lose but its an easy fix and nothing loctite can't fix.

Its easy.
Pages: [1]   Go Up