:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

RHMT DIY Hub Dyno?!?!? check it. (link)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Turbo GSR buildup [reppin RHMT]  (Read 9628 times)

HiProfile

• Certified OG
  • Injector Kingpin
Re: Turbo GSR buildup [reppin RHMT]
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2012, 01:17:56 AM »

LMK when you need 800cc injectors, I will hook you up.
they mspainted dildoes in my mom'#039#039s hand, in a picture of her in a hospital bed. -JD
dem gurls need some boobz! -Engloid

JaredKaragen

« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2012, 01:25:55 AM »

I will for sure.

Today was a lazy day in the rain.  On my way home I'll stop by the airport and see if I still have that silicone tube.

I wanna see this shit done yesterday!

PhilStubbs

• Certified OG
  • Teh Secksy.....I has it
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2012, 03:23:01 PM »

Looks like solid work but I have some thoughts.

11:1 400hp stock piston daily driving? I wouldn't. Not saying it isn't possible but there are too many variables in daily driving.

You will hate that avgas pretty quick when you are changing/cleaning your plugs every time you fill the tank. Lead builds up on the plugs fast from avgas. I have a hookup on free avgas and I won't run it in my dedicated track car. It's meant for making torque below 3k rpm in very big bore motors.
obd1>gtgtall

fucking box started smoking and i saw a flame start up so i grabbed a bucket of water and splashed it on the breaker box.

JaredKaragen

« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2012, 06:08:14 PM »

I'm definitely not going to dd it in the high hp tune; maybe now and then.

As far as the plugs; I've had to walk that road before.  Secret is tuned very lean under cruise, burns most off and requires less upkeep.

I just find it a better alternative to rediculous prices.

Maybe I'll just tune it on moonshine...

JaredKaragen

« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2012, 04:35:04 AM »

Update: worked a lot today; traveled to Santa rosa and tuned cars.  Picked up a set of 97 gsr cams that are mint for $60; so I get to toss out the b16 cams.

Guy who sold the cams may have all the misc bracketry for alt and p/s, plus an alternator I need to get her all in.  Gonna buy a trans mount probably (made $ in tunes), brand new timing belt, and get the swap assembled on the shop floor tomorrow I hope.

*crosses fingers*

JaredKaragen

« Reply #35 on: November 12, 2012, 05:51:18 AM »

JaredKaragen

« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2012, 10:30:21 PM »

Cams are in. B16 cams are out.  Accessories bolted on, valves re adjusted, etc.

Bringing the transmission and driveline parts to the shop tomorrow to assemble; as well as get some transmission-to-engine bolts as I forgot them past trip to the junkyard.

Trans mount was filled using a tube of rtv45 I had lying around.  Pics of that tomorrow.

JaredKaragen

« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2012, 09:58:05 AM »

Went to Santa Rosa today (yesterday, haven't slept yet) to check out a poor mans built type r for my customer before he bought it.

He hooked me up with a 92' (appears to be) non VTEC harness. So when I got home I went through the harness replacing damaged wires, missing plugs, and also adding the provisions for my motor.

Man.... Took a while. It didn't have a map plug, and the vss plug was cut off along with dizzy plugs. Good thing I'm a competent solderer, and already know wire locations for civics because this harnes had a lot of non-standard 93+ wire colors. (Honda switched manufacturing plants in 93')

Managed to sort out every wire, added IAB, knock, VTP and VTS. Need to add a connector where the gsr usually has its pcs wiring, but have those two pins serve the IAB and knock signals to the ecu. It's closer and requires a lot less rewiring which also leaves me to add the other plug to the shock tower. I'm trying to keep a stock look. Hopefully I got the wire lengths right; of not I can cut open the harness coverings and put them where they belong.

So; looks like its a lot nicer than modifying my delsol's harness the day of the swap, should be plug and play when it's time to install.

The mount; still hasn't dried. Damned cold weather.

Gonna pound a shot of moonshine and pass out.

Work done.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up