:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BDVT's BroDozzer gets compound twin turbos!... (link)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Thread Deleting  (Read 8371 times)

dvst8r

• Certified OG
  • Unobtainium
Thread Deleting
« on: December 07, 2011, 11:43:35 PM »

Can the admin's change it so that users cannot delete their own threads? It is one thing to lock something, it is another to delete it.

Example: "Slappy goes on vacation" seems to have gone missing...

Seems to me I was one of the last if not the last person to post in it. Guess I struck a nerve.  :-*
There are two kinds of people: Sheep and sharks. Sharks are winners and they don'#039#039t look back '#039#039cause they don'#039#039t have necks. Necks are for sheep.

Joseph Davis

• Verbal Assault Technician
  • RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • Eugenics prevents retards like widebody93
    • TURBO THIS
Re: Thread Deleting
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2011, 12:32:03 AM »

Why be a dick to him?  Give Chuck some shit, sure, we all do each other that favor, but when everyone dogpiles on one guy (and it's neither Widebody who needs driven off nor Johnny seeking it out) it's destructive.

Let users remove their own original content, IMO.  That was the basis for the foundation of RHMT.

Passenger

• Certified OG
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2011, 01:26:23 AM »

Why be a dick to him?  Give Chuck some shit, sure, we all do each other that favor, but when everyone dogpiles on one guy (and it's neither Widebody who needs driven off nor Johnny seeking it out) it's destructive.

Let users remove their own original content, IMO.  That was the basis for the foundation of RHMT.

If we can't rag on people how are we supposed to make them feel unwanted ???

crttaz

• Certified OG
  • Old Wise One
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2011, 01:51:14 AM »

If we can't rag on people how are we supposed to make them feel unwanted ???

Get off my lawn!
OG before the OG'#039#039s

97Econobox

• Certified OG
  • Some may never live, but the crazy never die
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2011, 08:53:11 AM »

Id say half of what he says i can either relate or agree with the other half not so much, but as long as hes not posting like 2 threads a day on the same shit who cares?  Let him delete his shit if he wants to.

Real talk

Tolerance is something more people need to learn including myself.  If dude has some wild ideas that you dont agree with, its fine to debate it or whatever to a certain degree but most of you know what hes gonna say or how he thinks so why challenge him every time he posts. you know how its gonna pan out, its not like you will toss out a remarkable fact and hes going to say "wow you have changed my outlook completely" shit never happens. So just get over it.

Watching the same dude catch shit for the same topic is about the same as watching that very same dude go on and on about said topic.

Don't like it, don't jump into the thread.

i ate your mom'#39#39s dick last night :?:

http://i847.photobucket.com/albums/ab36/nacvicsi/Untitled.gif

Joseph Davis

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2011, 09:47:18 AM »

Id say half of what he says i can either relate or agree with the other half not so much, but as long as hes not posting like 2 threads a day on the same shit who cares?  Let him delete his shit if he wants to.

Real talk

Tolerance is something more people need to learn including myself.  If dude has some wild ideas that you dont agree with, its fine to debate it or whatever to a certain degree but most of you know what hes gonna say or how he thinks so why challenge him every time he posts. you know how its gonna pan out, its not like you will toss out a remarkable fact and hes going to say "wow you have changed my outlook completely" shit never happens. So just get over it.

Watching the same dude catch shit for the same topic is about the same as watching that very same dude go on and on about said topic.

Don't like it, don't jump into the thread.

This post is the result of Honda Pilotude and jesus.

97Econobox

• Certified OG
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2011, 09:56:44 AM »

So you're saying its perfect, how flattering.

dvst8r

• Certified OG
  • Unobtainium
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2011, 10:19:17 AM »

I have no issue with someone locking a thread (or even being able to edit their own posts) that spirals out of control, but to delete the whole thing, that seems like a waste to me as there are other peoples posts and idea's contained within the thread.

There are two kinds of people: Sheep and sharks. Sharks are winners and they don'#039#039t look back '#039#039cause they don'#039#039t have necks. Necks are for sheep.

slappynuts

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2011, 10:56:11 AM »

I have no issue with someone locking a thread (or even being able to edit their own posts) that spirals out of control, but to delete the whole thing, that seems like a waste to me as there are other peoples posts and idea's contained within the thread.

There was nothing in that thread that needed saving. The content of that thread can be found in plenty of other threads here. If you guys want to talk about my vacation in the philippines or even your vacation thats fine, but that thread was out of hand and it turned into garbage. Coming into my vacation thread and calling me a fear monger is just asinine.

HiProfile

• Certified OG
  • Injector Kingpin
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2011, 11:01:40 AM »

So you're saying the nudes are posted elsewhere?

I can't find them.
they mspainted dildoes in my mom'#039#039s hand, in a picture of her in a hospital bed. -JD
dem gurls need some boobz! -Engloid

dvst8r

• Certified OG
  • Unobtainium
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2011, 12:01:07 PM »

There was nothing in that thread that needed saving. The content of that thread can be found in plenty of other threads here. If you guys want to talk about my vacation in the philippines or even your vacation thats fine, but that thread was out of hand and it turned into garbage. Coming into my vacation thread and calling me a fear monger is just asinine.

Your thread was just the example I used of a recently deleted thread. I agree that there wasn't anything of value in it, however I don't believe any thread should be able to be deleted as once more then one person posts in a thread, it is no longer "owned" by the op.

97Econobox

• Certified OG
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2011, 12:15:28 PM »

Your thread was just the example I used of a recently deleted thread. I agree that there wasn't anything of value in it, however I don't believe any thread should be able to be deleted as once more then one person posts in a thread, it is no longer "owned" by the op.

Disagree.  If i create a thread i don't give a shit who posted in it if i feel like deleting it i should be able to.  Especially if it turned into a shit storm.  Doesnt really matter  "who owns it" as much as who created it IMO.

dvst8r

• Certified OG
  • Unobtainium
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2011, 12:23:54 PM »

Disagree.  If i create a thread i don't give a shit who posted in it if i feel like deleting it i should be able to.  Especially if it turned into a shit storm.  Doesnt really matter  "who owns it" as much as who created it IMO.

We are truly on the opposite side of the fence then. As I could careless about who pushed the new topic button, vs the content provided within the thread. I hate to see threads with good tech, or other good information get wiped out because the person whom pushed new topic, and may or may not have had any useful information themselves, got butt hurt one day and deleted the whole thing. This is especially true if the op had nothing relevant to add, and the thread spawned out of something else said.

There are always shit storms on rhmt, it is the nature of the beast. If you are too thin skinned to take it, then this is not the place for you.

I am a little on the fence about even suggesting going as far as the yb and not being able to edit posts after a few minutes.

snm95ls

• Certified OG
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2011, 12:34:55 PM »

Damn creationists.

:P

Tim

• Certified OG
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2011, 01:02:40 PM »

As I could careless about who pushed the new topic button, vs the content provided within the thread. I hate to see threads with good tech, or other good information get wiped out because the person whom pushed new topic, and may or may not have had any useful information themselves, got butt hurt one day and deleted the whole thing. This is especially true if the op had nothing relevant to add, and the thread spawned out of something else said.
Though I agree with you, is it worth arguing the fact when the whole site will be purged once every other year give or take?

Just sayin

j.h.christ

• Certified OG
  • Compl3x is a giant faggot
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2011, 01:21:23 PM »

Are you fucking kidding me? Censoring people because you don't like what their opinions are? Get fucked. This is the internet, and rhmt at that. Deal with it, or log the fuck out.

Harden the fuck up.
http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/8090/lolcart.gif
"quotquotI spent most of my money on booze and women. The rest I just wasted."quotquot

97Econobox

• Certified OG
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2011, 01:26:15 PM »

We are truly on the opposite side of the fence then. As I could careless about who pushed the new topic button, vs the content provided within the thread. I hate to see threads with good tech, or other good information get wiped out because the person whom pushed new topic, and may or may not have had any useful information themselves, got butt hurt one day and deleted the whole thing. This is especially true if the op had nothing relevant to add, and the thread spawned out of something else said.

There are always shit storms on rhmt, it is the nature of the beast. If you are too thin skinned to take it, then this is not the place for you.

I am a little on the fence about even suggesting going as far as the yb and not being able to edit posts after a few minutes.

As the creationist i am i totally agree with Mr. Christ above.

Aside from that your point is completely irrelevant to your actual motive.  You didn't want that thread deleted cause you were having a good time.  you said so yourself you must have struck a nerve.  Its not like it was his Locost build, it was a random thread which turned into a shit storm.  there is nothing worth anything in that thread other than a bunch of bickering and whatnot.  Sure, its a good time but its not like there was a single bit of info in there and even if it was its not like someone will end up finding it since the thread was labeled his vacation or whatever.

I see your point but it doesn't have much to do with what was in that thread or why he deleted it.

Urban Indian

• Snow Mexican
  • Certified OG
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2011, 01:30:41 PM »

I once went to Hawaii when I was 5.

I also took a vacation to Mexico when I was 17.

This is relevant
The clock doesn'#039#039t own me

Topless chick + dominos pizza + 750hp civic = epic win

dvst8r

• Certified OG
  • Unobtainium
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2011, 01:36:05 PM »

As the creationist i am i totally agree with Mr. Christ above.

Aside from that your point is completely irrelevant to your actual motive.  You didn't want that thread deleted cause you were having a good time.  you said so yourself you must have struck a nerve.  Its not like it was his Locost build, it was a random thread which turned into a shit storm.  there is nothing worth anything in that thread other than a bunch of bickering and whatnot.  Sure, its a good time but its not like there was a single bit of info in there and even if it was its not like someone will end up finding it since the thread was labeled his vacation or whatever.

I see your point but it doesn't have much to do with what was in that thread or why he deleted it.

I used it for both reasons as I was enjoying that thread, as well as to the fact it was the first thread I have noticed that was deleted since the last purge.

In my mind being able to delete threads is exactly what RHMT is not.

97Econobox

• Certified OG
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2011, 01:46:03 PM »

if it was a Mod who deleted it then i would agree but if the OP deletes it IMO its a different ballpark.

Ntrain2k

• Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
    • Zeus E-Juice Premium E-Liquid
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2011, 05:51:04 PM »

Are you fucking kidding me? Censoring people because you don't like what their opinions are? Get fucked. This is the internet, and rhmt at that. Deal with it, or log the fuck out.

Harden the fuck up.

QTF
http://bit.ly/TYRevB  If you vape, you have to try Zeus E-Juice

92CXyD

• Twincharged Smeghead
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • I look around and all I see is Smegheads
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2011, 06:02:42 PM »

Delete this thread  :noel:

No care  :noel:

slappynuts

« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2011, 06:40:38 PM »

The plans I had for the thread I started was to post up some pics of my vacation. I plan to go and spend a day at one of the shops in Tacloban (philippines) that builds these crazy bus/jeep hybrids called jeepneys. Fuck it I guess. You guys would rather argue about stupid shit.

Joseph Davis

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2011, 06:51:39 PM »

I'd rather look at Jeepneys.

92CXyD

• Twincharged Smeghead
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • I look around and all I see is Smegheads
« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2011, 06:53:03 PM »

I'd rather look at Jeepneys.

+1, remembering the pict posted a while back from last trip Slappy.  ;DDD :noel:

slappynuts

« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2011, 07:19:19 PM »

I think it would be fun to donate a day to helping build the jeepneys  ;DDD

Here is the place I will actually be going.

The Jeepneys - Philippines

Passenger

• Certified OG
« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2011, 11:23:55 PM »

Harden the fuck up.

Ding ding.

Why is this becoming realhomemadepussyhurt.com? If you are fear mongering faggot you are going to get made fun of here, that is always the way its been, I don't see any need to change.

Joseph Davis

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2011, 11:43:52 PM »

You're bitching about other people's pussies hurting?  Get a grip on your own.

Passenger

• Certified OG
« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2011, 11:47:42 PM »

Lol, I'm just saying its pathetic that people are having problems taking what little heat that is being thrown on a website that is supposed to be fire. I'm sure that makes me a big bitch ::)

catsman50

• perpetual noob
  • im a terrorist
« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2011, 11:48:38 PM »

GET A GRIP!!!!!!!!!!![/u][/i][/b]
FUCK VOLKSWAGEN'#039#039S
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up