:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Daspoop/Trevor YOU WILL BE MISSED, RIP (link)  :'(

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ext gates and ebc plumbing : Profec B II problems  (Read 1731 times)

TTC

• Certified OG
ext gates and ebc plumbing : Profec B II problems
« on: September 04, 2010, 05:22:36 PM »

So i got rid of my mbc because I wanted something in the cabin that could control boost a bit better. I got an ext gate so it would hold boost to redline better. So far nothings fucking better.

The tial style wg has a tial spring, Large red iirc tha tshould make about 11.5psi, but usually only makes about 10ish.

set: 18%
gain 10%
set gain is at 9lbs

q1.  do you plumb it like a regular internal gate, using only the bottom nipple or do you plumb it using that nipple on top.

If memory serves:

Bottom  port goes to Vac source from charge pipe

Top port is like the picture, with a T that connects the NC port to the same line as the bottom WG port.

What is the benefit of using it like a dual port as opposed to just running it from the bottom port?

q2.

In first gear, i turn up the "set" till i get almost 12 lbs , the setting seems to be high its at 18%

Either way hits 12 lbs no drama no bs, works perfect with very little spikes

In third the fucking thin only makes like 8lbs. This makes no sense to me whatsoever. If i raise the SETGAIN up higher, it just spikes, dips and makes a giant mess.

So far im unimpressed by this ebc. Something has to be up.

« Last Edit: September 05, 2010, 11:58:25 AM by TTC »

TTC

• Certified OG
« Last Edit: September 04, 2010, 05:37:55 PM by TTC »

keelay

• Cheddar Bob
  • Certified OG
  • Function>Form
Re: ext gates and ebc plumbing : Profec B II problems
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2010, 08:58:39 PM »

Mine is doing the same thing. I first thought I was getting a boost leak, so I checked all that shit. No leak. But I've since been lazy and not fucked with it. I keep blowing charge pipes off above 17psi anyway, and never really get above 5 or so just driving around.
The 2 fat bitches from the internet fucked me. Except for one, she didn'#039#039t.

TTC

• Certified OG
Re: ext gates and ebc plumbing : Profec B II problems
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2010, 09:51:11 PM »

So when you mat it it wont build past wg? Can you elaborate some keely?

I think it has alot to do with the fact that the spring is supposed to make 11lbs, and my goal on the ebc atm is 12.  I bet if i turn it up to 20 like I will next week it might help.

BTW: I found this just now:

"Is this a new unit? The old ones were defective and required you to switch modes hi/low/hi after turning the controller on or the limiter would cut in at a much lower psi than actually specified. It only happens in PSI mode, so you might want to try switching to BAR and seeing if that fixes the problem.'
« Last Edit: September 04, 2010, 09:58:12 PM by TTC »
Pages: [1]   Go Up