:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

GET YOUR OFFICIAL REALHOMEMADETURBO.COM STICKERS! (link)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: buks welding thread  (Read 73720 times)

jay

Re: buks welding thread
« Reply #60 on: May 06, 2010, 09:59:02 PM »

I want you to die

Stone cold killin sandnog from the motherfuckin low cash, fuck ya, getcha pee pee wet. ♥#9829#9829 ♥#9829#9829 ♥#9829#9829   http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/3871/detroit187.jpg

jay

« Reply #61 on: May 06, 2010, 09:59:48 PM »

sloppier than sex with jd's mom

I want you to die

Stone cold killin sandnog from the motherfuckin low cash, fuck ya, getcha pee pee wet. ♥#9829#9829 ♥#9829#9829 ♥#9829#9829   http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/3871/detroit187.jpg

CSaddict

• Certified OG
« Reply #62 on: May 06, 2010, 10:23:33 PM »

Lot better Buk. Keep it up. Make sure you are cleaning everything with acetone and keeping that tungsten sharp.
Your fat ass is just going to drive around in your pile of shit car that is marketed towards 40 yr old recently divorced women trying to be hot shit.

jay

« Reply #63 on: May 06, 2010, 11:40:41 PM »

Lot better Buk. Keep it up. Make sure you are cleaning everything with acetone and keeping that tungsten sharp.

i must have missed the acetone comment :(

ill be looking into that asap

thanks!

I want you to die

ryan89crx

• Certified OG
  • 20lbs of love!
« Reply #64 on: May 07, 2010, 12:02:02 AM »

You still need to work on your bevel. Industry standard is a perfect 37.5*, looks like you are just rounding off the edge.

Looking better and better though
d-series on 20 pounds will turn you out!

jay

« Reply #65 on: May 07, 2010, 12:58:23 AM »

You still need to work on your bevel. Industry standard is a perfect 37.5*, looks like you are just rounding off the edge.

Looking better and better though

well my grinding wheel on the bench grinder has a deep grove in it... is that normal?

i need a solid table to mount my bench grinder and a vice to.. then i can get some decent bevel work going but as it sits right now only a quick bevel will have to do.. bleh

but next attempt i try i will def get an alot better bevel just to post it up

thank you rhmt!!!!

I want you to die

CSaddict

• Certified OG
« Reply #66 on: May 07, 2010, 06:13:37 AM »

You'll get it. Its just seat time.
Your fat ass is just going to drive around in your pile of shit car that is marketed towards 40 yr old recently divorced women trying to be hot shit.

PhilStubbs

• Certified OG
  • Teh Secksy.....I has it
« Reply #67 on: May 07, 2010, 07:07:39 AM »

damn, it looks like you actually could make a manifold. it sure as hell wont be pretty, but this is RHMT afterall
obd1>gtgtall

fucking box started smoking and i saw a flame start up so i grabbed a bucket of water and splashed it on the breaker box.

turbob16hatch

• Certified OG
« Reply #68 on: May 07, 2010, 02:13:17 PM »

Stop using the bench grinder then. Get the hf 4.5" grinder and a 80 grit flap disc and get perfect bevels everytime.

also theres no need to grind on the side of the pipe like your doing, it's just ugly and theres no benifit to doing that.

jay

« Reply #69 on: May 07, 2010, 03:47:13 PM »

Stop using the bench grinder then. Get the hf 4.5" grinder and a 80 grit flap disc and get perfect bevels everytime.

also theres no need to grind on the side of the pipe like your doing, it's just ugly and theres no benifit to doing that.

cool thanks..

i should be getting cash soon ill neet to go to hf to pick up some flap discs..

heres some pics but i think i got a little worse.. bleh

I want you to die

turbob16hatch

• Certified OG
« Reply #70 on: May 07, 2010, 04:30:29 PM »

Yeah it looks cold to me, and your spacing is quite a bit apart. Try taking the thickness of the material and doubling it, that should be close to what your weld width should be. that should make it easier for you to get how fare to push side to side. Also your not getting full fusion on some of the areas.

jay

« Reply #71 on: May 08, 2010, 12:07:58 AM »

i need ALOT more seat time

but atleast now im laying down consistant/uniform beads.. even if they arent the greatest..

so whats the final word on tack welding? do i do it with or without filler rod?

without filler rod

with filler rod

I want you to die

turbob16hatch

• Certified OG
« Reply #72 on: May 08, 2010, 12:36:44 AM »

Without, theres no need to tack with filler on a butt weld.

jay

« Reply #73 on: May 08, 2010, 12:49:07 AM »

Without, theres no need to tack with filler on a butt weld.

thanks!

tomorrow im gonna try welding up the exhaust for my del sol and my gsr crx (which is now an ls crx :noel:)

I want you to die

narfdanarf

« Reply #74 on: May 08, 2010, 12:52:36 AM »

I'm sure this is common sense, but exhaust is much thinner so turn the heat waaay down, or you will be blowing holes again.

bigdaddyvtec

• Certified OG
  • Go outside and play hide and go fuckyourself
« Reply #75 on: May 08, 2010, 01:27:25 AM »

Not bad buK  I was expecting alot worse, Id say youre on your way. how much gas is flowing??? whats your post flow like???  Are you leaving the cup over the weld until its done flowing gas before you pull the tungsten away???
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh166/joeymisanthropy/Misce/TURBOTHIS.jpg

H series 35 pounds... Will turn you out!
 ---GFI we build FAST---

jay

« Reply #76 on: May 08, 2010, 01:48:57 AM »

I'm sure this is common sense, but exhaust is much thinner so turn the heat waaay down, or you will be blowing holes again.

oh yeah trust me i have the image of burning holes through metal seared in my head from when my welder was broken XD

Not bad buK  I was expecting alot worse, Id say youre on your way. how much gas is flowing??? whats your post flow like???  Are you leaving the cup over the weld until its done flowing gas before you pull the tungsten away???

idk how much gas is flowing i dont have a flow meter :(

post flow is 10 seconds.. cant adjust it.. and yeah im leaving the cup over the weld till its done flowing gas

so what are the tell tale signs of too little gas?

or too much gas?

even set on highest the gas flowing out of the torch isnt that much.. i know i read online before that too much gas = blowing your arc arround i def dont have that problem.. so maybe i have too little gas?

which means id have to drill through the nipple that connects the gas to the welder i think.. im pretty sure thats the only restrictive part on the entire gas setup..

I want you to die

turbob16hatch

• Certified OG
« Reply #77 on: May 08, 2010, 01:54:00 AM »

oh yeah trust me i have the image of burning holes through metal seared in my head from when my welder was broken XD

idk how much gas is flowing i dont have a flow meter :(

post flow is 10 seconds.. cant adjust it.. and yeah im leaving the cup over the weld till its done flowing gas

so what are the tell tale signs of too little gas?

or too much gas?

even set on highest the gas flowing out of the torch isnt that much.. i know i read online before that too much gas = blowing your arc arround i def dont have that problem.. so maybe i have too little gas?

which means id have to drill through the nipple that connects the gas to the welder i think.. im pretty sure thats the only restrictive part on the entire gas setup..

Is there a reason you don't have it on the highest setting? or do you? You need more gas flow asap. Your welds are contaminated and look like crap color wise. It isn't really a looks issue as much as a strength issue at this point.

jay

« Reply #78 on: May 08, 2010, 02:00:40 AM »

Is there a reason you don't have it on the highest setting? or do you? You need more gas flow asap. Your welds are contaminated and look like crap color wise. It isn't really a looks issue as much as a strength issue at this point.

yeah i have it on highest setting :(

and im welding in the basement so that gas isnt being blown away or anything like that..

i guess i will take apart the nipple on the welder tomorrow and drill it out if i can find a drill bit.. but first imma disconnect it from the welder and turn on the gas to make sure the restriction isnt from the regulator itself...

i wish i had the money to just buy the god damn regulator with flow meter...

bleh

I want you to die

PhilStubbs

• Certified OG
  • Teh Secksy.....I has it
« Reply #79 on: May 08, 2010, 08:58:30 AM »

They are like $30 on eBay. Do it. I wouldn't even be wasting my time trying to weld if I didn't have everything needed
obd1>gtgtall

fucking box started smoking and i saw a flame start up so i grabbed a bucket of water and splashed it on the breaker box.

turbob16hatch

• Certified OG
« Reply #80 on: May 08, 2010, 09:03:36 AM »

I wouldn't even be wasting my time trying to weld if I didn't have everything needed

^^^^^^^

malichite

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Harbor Freight Ninja!
« Reply #81 on: May 08, 2010, 01:38:02 PM »

Shit, that is actually looking better then I thought.  Get a new regulator, set it to around 12-15 CFM.  On Sch 10 SS, I run 75-80 amps.  Get the part setup on a bench, get a stool so you can sit and be real comfortable.  Then, rest your elbows on the bench and find a comfortable position to work from.  Move the part so that you can work around it from this position.  When you start running your bead, tell yourself in your head, dip, move, dip, move, dip, move.  Saying it in your head will help you get and keep a rhythm. 
You hhave just failed on so many levels, im waiting for someone else to verbally slap you in the gooch with a mallet

CSaddict

• Certified OG
« Reply #82 on: May 08, 2010, 03:37:47 PM »

I run 18 to 20.

t_cel_t

• Certified OG
« Reply #83 on: May 08, 2010, 04:50:55 PM »

try welding inside of a clear plastic garbage bag. just let the bag fill up with argon and tie it off around the torch and ground, just poke the filler though the bag.
malone labe

I think all cop cars need to have turbo. nbspnbsp Then they would understand the necessity of putting your foot down and how uncontrollable the urge is to fucking rail on that shit.

hatchboy

• my wife= hotter than a 2 dollar pistol.
  • Certified OG
  • Bombs Over Baghdad
« Reply #84 on: May 08, 2010, 05:31:46 PM »

try welding inside of a clear plastic garbage bag. just let the bag fill up with argon and tie it off around the torch and ground, just poke the filler though the bag.

wtf? pic?

jay

« Reply #85 on: May 08, 2010, 05:58:32 PM »

im def not at a stage where i would feel comfortable doing that... but ive been thinking about a sheet metal setup i can rest around the weld piece that would hold the gas in place.. since argon is more dense than air it will displace the oxygen and stay at the bottom of it.. bleh or ill just wait till i get back purge in full effect :noel:

i took the hose off the welder and im pretty sure its the hose that is the restrictor.. if i take the hose off the regulator and turn on the bottle is gushes out gas.. if i put the hose on the regulator and turn it on it barel lets any gas out

which leads me to beileve that this hose might not work.. booooooo the hose might be from a mig setup since the regulator i have is from a mig setup

i will buy the shit soon i can still practice laying down beads in the meantime till i get it right.. namien?

heres the latest weld..  pics are flipped so ill say which weld it is..

far right weld

top weld

far left weld

I want you to die

danz

• Certified OG
  • 0-60 in 2.7 seconds
« Reply #86 on: May 08, 2010, 06:09:15 PM »

you fused steel.

that puts you leaps and bounds ahead of what i thought was your ceiling for success.

keep at it. 
10.510 @ 133.09 mph D16Z6 EJ6
10.912 @ 127.33 mph D16A6 ED6

CSaddict

• Certified OG
« Reply #87 on: May 08, 2010, 06:13:16 PM »

Dirty tungsten is still evident. Fix that.

t_cel_t

• Certified OG
« Reply #88 on: May 08, 2010, 06:42:25 PM »

wtf? pic?

i dont have any pics, but my welding instructor had us do this. in buks case he doesnt know what his flow rate is so he might as well just weld inside a bag that has a 100% argon makeup because his regulator obviously isnt working.
its essentially backpurging but the whole thing.
malone labe

I think all cop cars need to have turbo. nbspnbsp Then they would understand the necessity of putting your foot down and how uncontrollable the urge is to fucking rail on that shit.

jay

« Reply #89 on: May 08, 2010, 10:00:01 PM »

Dirty tungsten is still evident. Fix that.

thats my laziness :(

but just curious what are the tell tale signs on the weld of dirty tungsten?

my cousin gets back monday so i wont have cash till then...

bleh but yeah i didnt even weld up the exhaust for my del sol today had too much other shit going on all i had was the one attempt..

tomorrow ill have another go at it for sure

I want you to die

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up