:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got video of your car doing rippers or dirty 2/3rds? post them up! (link)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: .63 turbine housing swap  (Read 3701 times)

ryan89crx

• Certified OG
  • 20lbs of love!
.63 turbine housing swap
« on: April 27, 2010, 02:12:43 PM »

I currently have a t3/t4 .48/.60 and want to swap to a .63 hot side. Is it a direct swap? The current wheel will work fine with the .63 housing? Any thing I should know about out of the ordinary?

Also, anyone know if the ching chong .63 housing will swap onto a real Garrett CHRA? I figured there would be an abundance of those housings since you can probably fill a landfill with the amount of fucked up Chinese snails.
d-series on 20 pounds will turn you out!

turbob16hatch

• Certified OG
Re: .63 turbine housing swap
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2010, 03:24:44 PM »

The only way to truely be certain it will be a bolt on affair. Is to measure the turbine wheel and verify what wheel it is ( chances are stg3) but some times you get a odd wheel in there.

Also theres no telling what the "ebay" turbo's wheel specs are. they could vary per turbo for all we know.

So measure the wheel, varify wheel, call a good turbo rebuilder and order housing to fit what you have. there in the $150 range brand new. But i bet you could call in and get a used one for cheap.

danz

• Certified OG
  • 0-60 in 2.7 seconds
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2010, 03:57:53 PM »

i know with my friends t3/t4 turbo it was a direct swap to a .48 AR hot side.

let me know if u need a .63 i have one off a fucked up t3/t4 60 trim.
10.510 @ 133.09 mph D16Z6 EJ6
10.912 @ 127.33 mph D16A6 ED6

Corey

• Certified OG
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2010, 02:29:56 AM »

even if the chinacom housing fits on your turbo, the bolt pattern is different from a true ford/garrett 5 bolt. it angles the downpipe downwards (at the back of the pan) about 15-20 degrees. youll for sure have to modify the DP at that point.

ryan89crx

• Certified OG
  • 20lbs of love!
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2010, 01:38:46 PM »

even if the chinacom housing fits on your turbo, the bolt pattern is different from a true ford/garrett 5 bolt. it angles the downpipe downwards (at the back of the pan) about 15-20 degrees. youll for sure have to modify the DP at that point.
Well I currently have the larger 5 bolt t3 outlet, and I'd guess that any .63 housing I get will be the smaller flange so modification will be necessary nonetheless.
d-series on 20 pounds will turn you out!

turbob16hatch

• Certified OG
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2010, 04:13:18 PM »

Well I currently have the larger 5 bolt t3 outlet, and I'd guess that any .63 housing I get will be the smaller flange so modification will be necessary nonetheless.

You can get the ford/larger 5 bolt no problem. They came on the thunderbirds. .60/.63 ring a bell.

Minor Threat

• Certified OG
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2010, 05:00:44 PM »

Be careful if you're swapping to/from aftermarket housing to something produced for the OEMs.
"quotquotand the welds look like a pigeon had 1 too many chili-dogs, whoever built them needs to go throw their tools in the ocean."quotquot

www.facebook.com/enhancedautoperformance

ifly87

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2010, 03:39:07 AM »

I tried swapping .63 housings on my garrett, turned out the "ebay" housing I was going to put on was for a stg.3 wheel and my garrett only had a stg.1 wheel on it.

I ended up swapping the turbo with an ebay turbo and the exhaust "5bolt" was angled slightly different, but I still didnt have to modify my downpipe or exhaust at all.
Sorry dirtyturbopantyripper, you are banned from using this forum!
You are banned! K Series >gtgt D Series

Lol...Fags
Pages: [1]   Go Up