:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Jay & Trevor YOU WILL BE MISSED, RIP  :'(

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: China LSD's??? has anyone used one of theese?  (Read 15725 times)

ifly87

China LSD's??? has anyone used one of theese?
« on: February 24, 2010, 05:12:22 AM »

While surfing the coolest website ever, the other day I came across this bad boy. Got me wondering. Has anyone used them? whats the worst that could happen?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1992-1995-CIVIC-D15-D16-TORQUE-SENSING-DIFFERENTIAL-LSD_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem56364ed0faQQitemZ370278322426QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories
Sorry dirtyturbopantyripper, you are banned from using this forum!
You are banned! K Series >gtgt D Series

Lol...Fags

2slow

Re: China LSD's??? has anyone used one of theese?
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2010, 05:16:56 AM »

whats the worst that could happen?

\
it could explode inside yout transmission fucking everything up but other than that nothing

ifly87

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2010, 05:20:14 AM »

so what transmissions are cheap...

So whats the best route to go for LSD's? without spending $1,000.

Lol...Fags

shadow

• Certified OG
  • out either bangin gears or your mom
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2010, 05:20:46 AM »

china ripping off china, i think youre better off going with an obx unit lol
'Get the fucking handout and give it to me. I'll put a "Sponsored by Darkelvis Racing" banner on my drag car, and spend the money on crack and hookers.'

crttaz

• Certified OG
  • Old Wise One
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2010, 05:51:27 AM »

when two people had issues with CHINA POS LSD's, the market fell thru.

I''m half of the party.

OBX's were $175 each shipped to US....
OG before the OG'#039#039s

jeffsciv23

• Certified OG
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2010, 12:22:23 PM »

i remember hearing that the OBX ones werent all that bad for the money but its been years since then

The OP just called me a nigger in the for sale section do the mods allow this kind of thing to happen around here?

92CXyD

• Twincharged Smeghead
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
  • I look around and all I see is Smegheads
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2010, 12:39:27 PM »

Are those (post in the egay add) a copy of a copy of a failure copy? :?:

danz

• Certified OG
  • 0-60 in 2.7 seconds
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2010, 02:48:27 PM »

my penis is huge.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2010, 02:17:41 PM by danz »
10.510 @ 133.09 mph D16Z6 EJ6
10.912 @ 127.33 mph D16A6 ED6

civiceggturbo

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2010, 05:21:12 PM »

i like how one bolt sits flush and the others stick out in varying lengths :-\

jagojon3

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2010, 05:48:03 PM »

"Differential" refers to those bolt heights actually. You will still spin one wheel with this installed.

Turkey soup pancakes sir

crttaz

• Certified OG
  • Old Wise One
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2010, 06:22:27 PM »

Are those (post in the egay add) a copy of a copy of a failure copy? :?:

They are the same as OBX's......OBX would just laser etch them after pulling them out of a crate.

onlyflash944

• Certified OG
  • Jack of all trades, Master of none
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2010, 07:27:56 PM »

lots of information out there about these, including diy upgrades for peace of mind/fixing the slant eye's awesome work on these pieces

You read some forums? nbspnbsp Cool, I tune cars.

Its your fucking car, if you want to hack it up fucking go for it.

crttaz

• Certified OG
  • Old Wise One
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2010, 01:06:58 AM »

wobble, something MFactory doesn't have.

turbob16hatch

• Certified OG
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2010, 01:22:41 AM »

I love bone's hate on the obx, even though many people have had good luck using them. He still thinks us cheap asses care about his mfactory nut swinging.

:?:

ryan89crx

• Certified OG
  • 20lbs of love!
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2010, 01:36:29 AM »

I love bone's hate on the obx, even though many people have had good luck using them. He still thinks us cheap asses care about his mfactory nut swinging.

He makes money doing trans work. Why would he want to take the risk with an OBX that carries a 30% restocking fee...EVEN WHEN ITS A MANUFACTURER FLAW...when he can simply get an Mfactory and not have a worry? For him, OBX diffs won't work, but for the rest of us cheap-asses, it might be worth the risk
d-series on 20 pounds will turn you out!

turbob16hatch

• Certified OG
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2010, 01:41:57 AM »

He makes money doing trans work. Why would he want to take the risk with an OBX that carries a 30% restocking fee...EVEN WHEN ITS A MANUFACTURER FLAW...when he can simply get an Mfactory and not have a worry? For him, OBX diffs won't work, but for the rest of us cheap-asses, it might be worth the risk

Thats the point, i'm quite frankly sick of his propaganda in EVERY obx lsd thread. i as long as every other person with any kind of common sense knows you get what you pay for with lsd's. He's not telling us anything new here.

ryan89crx

• Certified OG
  • 20lbs of love!
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2010, 01:44:35 AM »

Thats the point, i'm quite frankly sick of his propaganda in EVERY obx lsd thread. i as long as every other person with any kind of common sense knows you get what you pay for with lsd's. He's not telling us anything new here.
Uhhh, he's actually VERY mild about it, and doesn't come across pushy at all...

Ever visit a thread about LSDs with Aquafina posting in it? Now THAT is propaganda and overall pushiness.

turbob16hatch

• Certified OG
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2010, 01:47:57 AM »

Uhhh, he's actually VERY mild about it, and doesn't come across pushy at all...

Ever visit a thread about LSDs with Aquafina posting in it? Now THAT is propaganda and overall pushiness.

Haha, i will agree it is not that bad.  :-[

crttaz

• Certified OG
  • Old Wise One
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2010, 03:37:04 AM »

Considering I've installed 43 OBX's.....without failure, three SOHC's running in the 10's on them.

But when I got the bad one with runout issues, same time Aquafina got two bad ones, game over.

Only 120% markup on the Mfactory units.

ifly87

« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2010, 05:16:28 AM »

lots of information out there about these, including diy upgrades for peace of mind/fixing the slant eye's awesome work on these pieces

Links please??

Are these seriously the same as the obx ones? When I made this thread I was maybe 3% serious but if this is really the same as the obx, I would be more like 49% into these guys.

Bone I think all you're comments are always welcome and even though I rarely post, I read alot of you're posts and dont find them "pushy" or even "propaganda". You are very helpfull and always appreciated.

Lol...Fags

crttaz

• Certified OG
  • Old Wise One
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2010, 06:21:34 AM »

Figure I haven't installed a LSD (OBX or otherwise) in almost two years now, thats $200 a pop, so I'm out $5k or more as most brokedicks won't pony up the money for a MFactory. About the time Chris and me got wobbly diffs, someone posted a picture of a bad OBX casting, metal was missing where the bearing slides on. There was another picture with wood pieces INSIDE the unit.

With those issues I decided to no longer mess with them.

I also have a minor issue with this.......

http://www.d-series.org/forums/transmission-alley/126236-information-regarding-warranty-mfactory-products.html
I've had a few people on here ask me whether or not MFactory has a warranty on their products, so I thought I would make this thread.

From: MFactory Competition Products, MFactory Competition Products - Forged Transmission Components

Warranty: Due to the nature of For Race Use Only products, MFactory Competition Products will provide a limited warranty for all products to be free of defects in materials and workmanship upon receipt of product and initial installation. Parts returned must be determined by MFactory Competition Products to be defective before any warranty credit or replacement is issued

Subsequently, any warranty claim arising as a result of the failure of any part will ONLY be entertained if installation was carried out by either ourselves (click HERE for details) or an official installer. All official installers have met and passed our strict criteria required to install a Genuine MFactory Competition Products Transmission Component.

MFactory Competition Products's obligation under warranty shall be limited to repairing or replacing, at its option, any part proven defective. The customer must prepay transportation charges

Final determination of the suitability of the products for the use contemplated by the buyer is the sole responsibility of the buyer. MFactory Competition Products shall not be liable for any special, direct, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, that might be claimed as a result of the failure of any part, including claims for delay, loss of profits, or labor

MFactory Competition Products shall not be liable for any damage or injury to persons or property resulting from improper installation or misuse of any part subject to this warranty

There are no other warranties expressed or implied extending beyond those set forth above

What this means basically, is that if an MFactory part fails and it is not due to something you did (i.e. run the trans without fluid, debris in the trans while filling through the VSS, hotlap your 900whp car on a dynapack with a stock clutch housing, etc) it can be covered by the warranty pending inspection, as long as it was installed by either MFactory themselves or their Official Installer (Whoopee Doo Racing). Install it yourself or have someone else (whether it's an individual or a shop) and the warranty is void.

I guess I'm not qualified. The $200 round trip it would cost to ship a tranny, plus his slighty higher install cost means someone can get a Quaife for about same price and not worry about it getting damaged in shipping. Chris does have access to a media blast cabinet, really cleans the cases up nicely.

ryan89crx

• Certified OG
  • 20lbs of love!
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2010, 01:22:03 PM »

So you are saying if I were to buy an Mfactory, Chris is the only person that can install it otherwise the warranty is shit?  :-\

crttaz

• Certified OG
  • Old Wise One
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2010, 01:37:35 PM »

So you are saying if I were to buy an Mfactory, Chris is the only person that can install it otherwise the warranty is shit?  :-\

EXACTLY how I read it.

ryan89crx

• Certified OG
  • 20lbs of love!
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2010, 02:16:27 PM »

EXACTLY how I read it.
Nice, propaganda posts about the OBX combined with him being the only one that can install it is a good attempt at forcing you out of the sohc trans business.

onlyflash944

• Certified OG
  • Jack of all trades, Master of none
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2010, 09:25:49 PM »

Links please??

Are these seriously the same as the obx ones? When I made this thread I was maybe 3% serious but if this is really the same as the obx, I would be more like 49% into these guys.

Bone I think all you're comments are always welcome and even though I rarely post, I read alot of you're posts and dont find them "pushy" or even "propaganda". You are very helpfull and always appreciated.

i promise the search button works
http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php?topic=9819.0
i did the 'mods' for my car and dr. d series quest for the 9's car and haven't had a problem with either, wobbly or not.  i keep saying i'm going to get a dial indicator and magnetic base soon and do another one but i haven't gotten around to it

You read some forums? nbspnbsp Cool, I tune cars.

Its your fucking car, if you want to hack it up fucking go for it.

danz

• Certified OG
  • 0-60 in 2.7 seconds
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2010, 10:18:30 PM »

my penis, its a biggie.   ???
 :yes:
« Last Edit: February 26, 2010, 02:18:18 PM by danz »
10.510 @ 133.09 mph D16Z6 EJ6
10.912 @ 127.33 mph D16A6 ED6

crttaz

• Certified OG
  • Old Wise One
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2010, 10:58:29 PM »

EXACTLY how I read it.
Nice, propaganda posts about the OBX combined with him being the only one that can install it is a good attempt at forcing you out of the sohc trans business.

I can get the same LSD's, matter of fact until Chris had the group buy (without MFactory's help) KIWI almost bought the first lot that Chris ended up buying. Reason KIWI didn't was due to the cheapness of the OBX's that at the time. OBX's were $160 each, the first MFactorys were $275 each, plus shipping.

snm95ls

• Certified OG
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2010, 11:04:35 PM »

Figure I haven't installed a LSD (OBX or otherwise) in almost two years now, thats $200 a pop, so I'm out $5k or more as most brokedicks won't pony up the money for a MFactory. About the time Chris and me got wobbly diffs, someone posted a picture of a bad OBX casting, metal was missing where the bearing slides on. There was another picture with wood pieces INSIDE the unit.

With those issues I decided to no longer mess with them.

I also have a minor issue with this.......

http://www.d-series.org/forums/transmission-alley/126236-information-regarding-warranty-mfactory-products.html
I've had a few people on here ask me whether or not MFactory has a warranty on their products, so I thought I would make this thread.

From: MFactory Competition Products, MFactory Competition Products - Forged Transmission Components

Warranty: Due to the nature of For Race Use Only products, MFactory Competition Products will provide a limited warranty for all products to be free of defects in materials and workmanship upon receipt of product and initial installation. Parts returned must be determined by MFactory Competition Products to be defective before any warranty credit or replacement is issued

Subsequently, any warranty claim arising as a result of the failure of any part will ONLY be entertained if installation was carried out by either ourselves (click HERE for details) or an official installer. All official installers have met and passed our strict criteria required to install a Genuine MFactory Competition Products Transmission Component.

MFactory Competition Products's obligation under warranty shall be limited to repairing or replacing, at its option, any part proven defective. The customer must prepay transportation charges

Final determination of the suitability of the products for the use contemplated by the buyer is the sole responsibility of the buyer. MFactory Competition Products shall not be liable for any special, direct, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, that might be claimed as a result of the failure of any part, including claims for delay, loss of profits, or labor

MFactory Competition Products shall not be liable for any damage or injury to persons or property resulting from improper installation or misuse of any part subject to this warranty

There are no other warranties expressed or implied extending beyond those set forth above

What this means basically, is that if an MFactory part fails and it is not due to something you did (i.e. run the trans without fluid, debris in the trans while filling through the VSS, hotlap your 900whp car on a dynapack with a stock clutch housing, etc) it can be covered by the warranty pending inspection, as long as it was installed by either MFactory themselves or their Official Installer (Whoopee Doo Racing). Install it yourself or have someone else (whether it's an individual or a shop) and the warranty is void.

I guess I'm not qualified. The $200 round trip it would cost to ship a tranny, plus his slighty higher install cost means someone can get a Quaife for about same price and not worry about it getting damaged in shipping. Chris does have access to a media blast cabinet, really cleans the cases up nicely.

I saw that along with Ryan's response.  I haven't checked in to see what the response was. 

chris

« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2010, 11:25:25 PM »

who the hell is chris?

snm95ls

• Certified OG
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2010, 11:27:29 PM »

who the hell is chris?

Aquafina.  He is not a member here, nor was he on OHMT as far as I know.  He has pretty much cornered the market on D series LSDs.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up