:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

GET YOUR OFFICIAL REALHOMEMADETURBO.COM STICKERS! (link)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2006 SAAB 9-3 boost questions  (Read 4062 times)

carkrazed

2006 SAAB 9-3 boost questions
« on: March 23, 2009, 08:32:00 PM »

I got a buddy who has one for a daily and we were gonna throw an old boost controller i have layin around on it. I looked on some saab forums but all I found was a bunch of fucktards asking stupid questions. So, does anybody know what we can safely turn the boost up to on this thing keeping everything else stock.

Thanx nogs

HiProfile

• Certified OG
  • Injector Kingpin
Re: 2006 SAAB 9-3 boost questions
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2009, 09:13:31 PM »

I'd suggest just bypassing it, it would probably throw a CEL. It might also have a hidden boost cut like other mfg's do.
they mspainted dildoes in my mom'#039#039s hand, in a picture of her in a hospital bed. -JD
dem gurls need some boobz! -Engloid

j.h.christ

• Certified OG
  • Compl3x is a giant faggot
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2009, 10:14:39 PM »

Yeah, I figured the boost was electronically controlled. Figured we'd just pull the vac line of the actuator and cap it. Then put my boost controller on it.

I was lookin on a couple saab forums and still couldn't find shit about raising the boost. You'd think that would be in their faq. Nope, just posts about changing oil and brakes and shit. I know it would be my first question if I bought a factory turbo'd car. What a bunch of homos. 

can you  find out if its similar to the vw system? if it is, it's rather easy to do. vw's have what amounts to a electric boost controller that sends a pulsed signal to the wastegate, regulating open/closed.  it's called an n75 valve, and i wouldn't be the least bit surprised if the saab was similar. you leave the solenoid plugged in, and install the mbc using the vac hoses that were previously used on the solenoid.

as far as reliable power, you'll break the turbo before you bust anything internally. fueling is a different  story.
http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/8090/lolcart.gif
"quotquotI spent most of my money on booze and women. The rest I just wasted."quotquot

jagojon3

• RHMT Moderator
  • Certified OG
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2009, 10:33:06 PM »

You can't throw a boost controller on it. The ecu will lower the boost accordingly regardless of the solenoid being plugged in. It just closes the throttle plate to keep boost low=gay.

Turkey soup pancakes sir

speedracer228

• N00B *Read Intro Sticky*
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2009, 10:04:34 AM »

I had an 01 9-3 for a while as a DD and you really cant do much with the newer ones without getting an expensive as fawk reflash...

I did what you were talking about one night for shits and giggles and it threw a cel, broke up bad off up top and split one of the hoses lol  Pulled a bit harder though while it worked
Pages: [1]   Go Up