:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

AJ's 1966 Nova LSX twin turbo build! (link)

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Nifty wideband products (BPSX)  (Read 38298 times)

NoPistons!

Nifty wideband products (BPSX)
« on: March 18, 2013, 02:47:32 PM »

http://www.wide-band.com/catalog/1

Just throwing it out there.  I've seen comparison between LC1 and this, all their products come with lifetime warranty and are very well priced.  Thinking i'll give it a go and let yall know how it turns out.  =D

If you have one, feel free to post your experience!

ratcityrex

• I Get Blown Daily
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified OG
New setup is old bottom end with a hype r head with gsr cams. built lsv with hx35 @ 26psi on pump gas
LEED tuned! 434hp/329tq http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pbDXZxZdZs
http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php/topic,16195.0.html

Old Setup B18a1 296hp/289tq LEED Tuned 20psi on pump! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Yj-Z90j4W4   
http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php/topic,205.msg2437.html#msg2437

PhilStubbs

• Certified OG
  • Teh Secksy.....I has it
Re: Nifty wideband products (BPSX)
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2013, 03:52:14 PM »

In cause I want to check this out when I'm not at work and have time.
obd1>gtgtall

fucking box started smoking and i saw a flame start up so i grabbed a bucket of water and splashed it on the breaker box.

jabberwock

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2013, 04:29:28 PM »

Not sure how the settings work with just one button.

NoPistons!

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2013, 05:19:34 PM »

I'll find out.  Ordered one about 5 minutes ago.   :noel:

PhilStubbs

• Certified OG
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2013, 06:32:44 PM »

I thinks it's all set up via software like an lc1. Those only have one button
obd1>gtgtall

fucking box started smoking and i saw a flame start up so i grabbed a bucket of water and splashed it on the breaker box.

walter

• Certified OG
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2013, 09:30:33 PM »

it looks slow time refresh showing afr, does it?

jabberwock

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2013, 10:58:07 PM »

The guy has great ebay reviews so far.

turbohf

• aka: the rHMT Jew
  • Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • Overkill is Underrated
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2013, 02:20:48 AM »

shit. just bought a PLX off a member here... but might buy one of these for the EK (or swap them around)... looks like deals.
Dustin  :Jew:
1987 Buick Regal Limited 6.0L/4L80E (LQ4, 862 heads, tbss intake, 92mm tb, e1841p cam, Holley EFI)
2000 Silverado LS 5.3L Reg Cab Short Bed
1966 Chevy II Nova 400 4dr Sedan V8

'Faster, Faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.'

crxvtec91

• Administrator
  • Certified OG
  • RIP old hmt. SloS13 for King!!!
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2013, 11:05:41 AM »

For $100 it doesnt seem bad, I wonder if you can hook it up to data log?
My build thread; http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php?topic=2444.0

I like my girls like I like my cars, rich and retarded.

PhilStubbs

• Certified OG
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2013, 12:22:25 PM »

Being the slightly intelligent being I think I am, it looks like the ANA connection would be for logging.

obd1>gtgtall

Tim

• Certified OG
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2013, 01:48:10 PM »

Site states it has a analog output, narrowband output, and serial com.

You could definitely log through an Ecu, but would need to look into it more if you wanted to try serial logging through things like eCtune or Crome like they do with the innovate stuff

PhilStubbs

• Certified OG
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2013, 02:11:57 PM »

As far as I know, Neptune is the only software that will direct serial log afr. All the others need to be wired in to the ecu
obd1>gtgtall

Tim

• Certified OG
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2013, 06:02:04 PM »

Do you mean this wideband or an innovate etc?

I thought crome could do it but can't find it online and don't have my laptop on me to check settings.

I know eCtune does it, I have done it on my car.

PhilStubbs

• Certified OG
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2013, 06:42:47 PM »

im not up on ectune, but the only way to log a wideband with crome is to wire it right to the ecu. there is a way to log everything with logworks from innovate, but i never got it to work
obd1>gtgtall

Joseph Davis

• Verbal Assault Technician
  • Certified OG
  • Eugenics prevents retards like widebody93
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2013, 10:11:22 PM »

Bosch sensor.  Pass.

rawr

• Certified OG
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2013, 10:16:30 PM »

Need equipment to make critical measurements? Buy the cheapest shit you can find! It totally works, guys. No, seriously.

jabberwock

« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2013, 11:05:14 PM »

When everything else sucks.. why not?

Minor Threat

• Certified OG
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2013, 11:10:24 PM »

Need equipment to make critical measurements? Buy the cheapest shit you can find! It totally works, guys. No, seriously.

It's not exactly critical stuff...get it close with a wideband, read some plugs, call it good.

If Bosch sensors were so terrible, would OEMs run them? Would as many turbo cars still living today who've been tuned with them still be running? Get off your fucking measurement equipment high horse... :-*
"quotquotand the welds look like a pigeon had 1 too many chili-dogs, whoever built them needs to go throw their tools in the ocean."quotquot

www.facebook.com/enhancedautoperformance

NoPistons!

« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2013, 11:21:24 PM »

I go cheap because i'm just fucking around.  I also like untapped resources.  It's fun.  if my engine goes pop i'm not even worried about it.  Lol.   Not like it's anything special or expensive.  If it works out i have something to recommend my friends.  I sold one my 14point7 and shipped my lc1 bnib out today to an out of state interest.  We all know those are in the ballpark and work.  This thing? Who knows?  I'm willing to take the risk for science tho!

Bosch sensor.  Pass.

I know you're partial to your ngk afx and the accuracy it provides.  Nothing wrong with that.

rawr

• Certified OG
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2013, 07:27:18 AM »

It's not exactly critical stuff...get it close with a wideband, read some plugs, call it good.

If Bosch sensors were so terrible, would OEMs run them? Would as many turbo cars still living today who've been tuned with them still be running? Get off your fucking measurement equipment high horse... :-*

Oems engineer cars to fail shortly after the waranty expires.

jabberwock

« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2013, 08:21:28 AM »

Like gaybars?

rawr

• Certified OG
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2013, 08:28:53 AM »

Genau.

PhilStubbs

• Certified OG
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2013, 10:04:23 AM »

My thoughts were to use it permanently mounted and not for tuning. I'll tune with my LM2, then just have that to hopefully notice a problem early before melted piston ensues.

With that said, I have never cared to have a wideband in a car once the tune was done. But at half the cost of an lc1, I just might.
obd1>gtgtall

Minor Threat

• Certified OG
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2013, 12:29:47 PM »

OEMs must have a lot of terrible engineers judging by the amount of high mileage cars out there still running. So, no they don't, by saying that you're just proving you're a fucking moron, again.

It's not a lab grade sensor, we're not in a lab. Get over it.
"quotquotand the welds look like a pigeon had 1 too many chili-dogs, whoever built them needs to go throw their tools in the ocean."quotquot

PhilStubbs

• Certified OG
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2013, 12:51:12 PM »

I mildly agree on designing cars to fall apart after the warranty. It's kind of impossible to do that, so they keep going with repairs. I'm sure the car makers would love to have a Hobbs switch to self destruct the car at 100,000 miles.
obd1>gtgtall

rawr

• Certified OG
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2013, 02:36:38 PM »

OEMs must have a lot of terrible engineers judging by the amount of high mileage cars out there still running. So, no they don't, by saying that you're just proving you're a fucking moron, again.

It's not a lab grade sensor, we're not in a lab. Get over it.

Its called designed obsolesence and automotive manufactures basically invented it, pr atleast perfected it.

I work with engineers every day who tell me about this shit. It doesnt exist in aviation/defence but it runs rampant in everything consumer grade. An engineer at an undisclosed company we work for bitched at us for about 2 hours about how he and his team had designed a water heater that had 2xs the efficency of anything on the market and lasted 99 years in their simulations. Executive staff found out about the project and told them to redesign it to last 10 years or scrap the project all together.

It exists in almost every component of automotive manufacturing.

How many high mile cars from 1999 do you see driving around?  95? 90? 85? They're getting better at timing the destruction of the cars, making the cars less economocal to repair and making the owners feel as if they need to replace their car sooner through mechanics like the interior falling apart sooner.

Blahblahblah it doesnt need to be lab grade blah blah blah. Why the fuck not? If youre taking the time and making the effort to measure something, why wouldnt you want to be more correct about your measurements? This is something we could work on in the automotove community to build better product, tune better, etc. Why are you set on making shit slop because it appears to work?
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 02:44:36 PM by rawr »

NoPistons!

« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2013, 04:04:16 PM »

Both you faggots are taking this shit way out of control.   Chill it out or i'll remove/lock the thread.  It's a damn wideband we're discussing here.   Why be analogous to mass production automakers as ammo to stake an argument that's irrelevant?!

I just want to see if this fucker works and is worth the $100.   Plenty of tuners use bosch sensors without any major issues really.  They are $50 give or take to replace when they go out.  it's not as bad as people make it out to be.  Relax.  If you want to spend $200-350 on a wideband because it's the best for your app and your peace of mind MORE POWER TO YOU. :noel: 

Minor Threat

• Certified OG
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2013, 08:43:54 PM »

Let us know then MF, thanks for being the guinea pig. Now go work on your car.

Joseph Davis

• Verbal Assault Technician
  • Certified OG
  • Eugenics prevents retards like widebody93
    • TURBO THIS
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2013, 09:32:02 PM »

It is when your reputation is based off of it.  When you want the car to perform it's best and not leave power on the table that could be safely made.  When everyone has a fevered little fucking ego and makes pulling a fender on someone else into an episode of Jerry Springer, does the last 10 whp matter?

There is a vast difference between using a Bosch sensor to control closed loop operation, and tuning an engine with a Bosch sensor.  The OEMs do not use Bosch sensors to tune with.

By your logic, if AEM widebands sucked nobody would buy them.  Well they do suck, and technological illiterates line up to buy them.   They are not merely inaccurate, but the Vout so unstable as to be completely unusable, and people continue to buy them in quantity.  It's really funny when the dollar vs time to own an NTK based setup is break even for most enthusiasts, and Bosch sensors a fiscal loss for a part time street tuner after the second year... 4-6 months at a busy dyno shop and they are throwing money away.

"Ideal" AFR for a reasonably designed water jacketed motor is nominally 12:1, max cooling is 11.5:1 and any richer promotes misfires.  The difference between a Bosch and NTK sensor is 0->1.5 points, with 1 to 1.5 points being average, in a reasonably well designed exhaust tract - this means no unusually high heat or pressure to skew the sensors, particularly the Bosch sensors that will not tolerate it.   Too close to the heat source?  Does the 3" exhaust neck down to 1.5" crush bent going over the rear axle a la Pigfucker?  Guess how that shit reads.

I deal, every day, in practical applications where cost is THE biggest factor.  I'm talking about buying $300 in gear, expecting it to last longer than any same type gear you've owned or your friends have owned, and have it make a noticeable impact on the quality of your tuning.  I am not talking theory, or I saw it once or twice, or read about it on a forum and it's supposedly hot shit.  I'm talking about I've owned more widebands than everyone else in this thread combined, I work with widebands for a living, and I've owned the current NTK rig for 3.5 years and I am impressed.

You don't want to listen?  People like you make me look good.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up