:::RHMT::: Real Home Made Turbo

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BDVT's BroDozzer gets compound twin turbos!... (link)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Prelude & Accord gods...driver's mount help needed!  (Read 1967 times)

HiProfile

• Certified OG
  • Injector Kingpin
Prelude & Accord gods...driver's mount help needed!
« on: November 30, 2012, 11:31:47 PM »

I've been doing some research to figure out the best mount for my H2B project.

I'm hoping one of you nogs have a 96+ Accord/Oddesy driver's mount to compare to a 92-96 Prelude mount. THe 92-96 F & H Prelude rubber section is the same, and the difference is the bracket on the blocks.

If someone can check the bolt spacing [that bolts to the metal bracket) on both rubber mounts to see if they're the same, and also check the heights of the big horizontal through-hole, I'd be VERY happy. I think I want the prelude rubber since it looks like it will move the motor up a couple MM's. 10mm is ideal, but 5-15mm difference will work.
they mspainted dildoes in my mom'#039#039s hand, in a picture of her in a hospital bed. -JD
dem gurls need some boobz! -Engloid

PhilStubbs

• Certified OG
  • Teh Secksy.....I has it
Re: Prelude & Accord gods...driver's mount help needed!
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2012, 09:01:34 AM »

My f23 is the last one before they went k24. I'll get the bolt hole measurements in an hour or 2 when I go outside and get started fit the day
obd1>gtgtall

fucking box started smoking and i saw a flame start up so i grabbed a bucket of water and splashed it on the breaker box.

PhilStubbs

• Certified OG
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2012, 11:32:29 AM »

The bolt spacing is 2.43" center to center. Here is a pic to get an idea of how the holes are offset. I can measure that too if you need it, but it will take some creativity

obd1>gtgtall

fucking box started smoking and i saw a flame start up so i grabbed a bucket of water and splashed it on the breaker box.

HiProfile

• Certified OG
  • Injector Kingpin
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2012, 08:25:10 PM »

I think that's the one I already have. The other type has a much wider spacing.

I was doing some more research and it looks like the 90-93 accord uses the same upper mount spacing as the 92-96 prelude. I have that part, so now I'm looking for the measurements on the 92-96 prelude upper rubber mount. Specifically the height difference from where it meets the lower bracket to the centerline of the chassis bolt. The 90-93 accord upper looks like it will set the motor lower, while the prelude will set it higher.

Edit: It looks like the horizontal chassis screw hole is nearly even with the mount points of the 2 vertical holes. It's the upper-right mount in this picture:

Oddly enough, it looks like the H23A uses a 94+ accord upper with the f23-like spacing. So now I'm just hoping there's a 10mm height difference.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 08:28:30 PM by HiProfile »
they mspainted dildoes in my mom'#039#039s hand, in a picture of her in a hospital bed. -JD

2slow

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2012, 03:25:43 PM »

You have a welder. Why dont you Fab something up real quick.

HiProfile

• Certified OG
  • Injector Kingpin
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2012, 02:45:57 AM »

I'm already fabbing 3 other brackets and modding a fourth, one more would be pushing it. It also needs to take more abuse than the others combined.

I'm also trying to keep it simple as I can so it's repeatable. I think on the del sol I'll try hogging the chassis hole.

PhilStubbs

• Certified OG
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2012, 02:42:16 PM »

Are you trying to make a kit? I don't see the point in not just gabbing up your own mounts otherwise. I have made 2 out of 3 mounts for mine so far. I'm going to use a stock rear mount and make a "T" bracket to make that work.
obd1>gtgtall

HiProfile

• Certified OG
  • Injector Kingpin
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2012, 03:09:51 PM »

I'm thinking I probably will, that way I can use all EG/teg mounts. Since I can't run the 2nd torque mount, it will also give me better options for harder mounts.
Pages: [1]   Go Up